Ron Paul - POTUS 2012

Realgeorge

Mentor
So far I have posted twenty Ron Paul for President 2012 bumper stickers all over my town. Primarily on signs and guardrails where lines of traffic can't miss them. I do it at odd hours to avoid detection. I affixed three of them onto magnetic backing and affixed them to my car. These stickers are available at the following URL: http://www.zazzle.com/ron+paul+for+president+gifts

How many Ron Paul for President Bumperstickers have you posted? If zero, then levitate off your arse, purchase stickers, and post them.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Ron Paul warns of 'dictatorship in Washington DC'

By Josiah Ryan - 06/01/11 04:57 PM ET

GOP Presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) on Tuesday warned of too much "dictatorship in Washington D.C." while on a campaign stop in Mason City, Iowa.

"We're not on the verge of having a king, but we are on the verge of having way too much dictatorship in Washington, D.C.," Paul said, comparing the U.S.'s current situation to a Biblical tale in which the ancient Israelites demanded, against their own good, that a king rule their land instead of God.

"Our rights come from our creator, not our government," added Paul according to the The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier.

Paul, who announced last month that he will run for president for the third time, faces an uphill battle as many Americans consider his positions to be on the far fringe of the right-wing.

Paul, however, noted that he had recently observed a seismic shift in American politics.

"The mainstream is changing," said Paul. "The mainstream wants balanced budgets, sound government and personal liberties --- that is mainstream."Â￾

"The shift is in our direction --- obeying the Constitution for a change," he said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/164271-ron-paul-warns-of-dictatorship-in-washington-dc-

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Once a fringe candidate, Paul shaping 2012 race
http://news.yahoo.com/once-fringe-candidate-paul-shaping-2012-race-205132862.html

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Ron Paul, once seen as a fringe candidate and a nuisance to the establishment, is shaping the 2012 Republican primary by giving voice to the party's libertarian wing and reflecting frustration with the United States' international entanglements.
The Texas congressman placed second in a key early test vote Saturday in Ames, coming within 152 votes of winning the first significant balloting of the Republican nominating contest. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota won the nonbinding Iowa straw poll, but Paul's organizational strength and a retooled focus on social issues set him up to be a serious player in the campaign.
"I believe in a very limited role for government. But the prime reason that government exists in a free society is to protect liberty, but also to protect life. And I mean all life," he told a raucous crowd on Saturday.
"You cannot have relative value for life and deal with that. We cannot play God and make those decisions. All life is precious," he said, opening his remarks with an anti-abortion appeal to the social conservatives who have great sway here in Iowa's leadoff caucuses.
Later Saturday, Paul won 4,671 votes, or roughly 28 percent of the votes from party activists who flocked to a college campus for the daylong political carnival
Paul's narrow second-place finish pushed former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty down to third, leading Pawlenty on Sunday to abandon his effort to challenge President Barack Obama next November.
Four years ago, Paul sought the GOP nomination while talking about economic policy, liberty and the Federal Reserve. Since then, the tea party has risen and seized on those issues, and some regard Paul as one of the movement's godfathers.
"The country's bankrupt, and nobody wanted to admit it. And when you're bankrupt, you can't keep spending," Paul said Thursday during a Fox News Channel debate.
He may lack the broad appeal that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney or Texas Gov. Rick Perry are claiming, but Paul's finish Saturday indicated he could compete.
Paul typically does well in such straw polls, which rely on supporters' intensity and organization. His base helped him win straw polls at June's Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans and February's Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, and his followers organize online to ensure strong finishes at any contest they can find.
It is part of their effort to get rid of the notion that Paul is a fringe candidate.
Paul's 2008 campaign came up far short of better organized rivals. This time, his advisers are putting together a more serious effort that taps into voters' frustrations with Washington and the fears about the economy.
His aides are working within the system instead of against it. For instance, Paul's base camp for the Iowa straw poll was at the same location Romney used in 2007. Romney won that straw poll after investing heavily from his deep pockets for the prime real estate.
Paul's campaign notes that it won more votes this year than Romney won four years ago during his first bid for the GOP nomination. This year, Romney didn't actively campaign during the straw poll; instead, he is looking at a campaign launch in New Hampshire, which hosts the first primary after Iowa's leadoff caucuses.
Still, Paul finds himself outside the bounds of traditional Republicans. His opposition to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan defines him as a dove. His skepticism toward the Federal Reserve has spooked Wall Street. And his libertarian views on gay rights draw the ire of social conservatives.
He also tweaks Republicans on foreign policy, arguing it isn't the United States' role to police Iran's nuclear program or to enforce an embargo with Cuba.
"Iran is not Iceland, Ron," former Sen. Rick Santorum told Paul during Thursday's debate.
Paul also proves a reliable foil for Democrats.
"In previous presidential campaigns, we might have chalked extreme fringe-type candidates like Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul as an anomaly, (and) the Ames straw poll didn't mean as much," said Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.
"But we're looking at the core of the Republican Party now. The heart of the Republican Party is the extreme right wing," she told CNN.
Paul, a 75-year-old doctor by training, is not backing down.
"These straw poll results, our growing poll numbers and our strong fundraising show that our message is resonating with Iowans and Americans everywhere," campaign chairman Jesse Benton said. "Our message was the same in 2007 as it is now in 2011, but this time we have quadrupled our support. That means our message is spreading, our support is surging and people are taking notice."

Ron Paul remains media poison
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61412.html
I admit I do not fully understand Ron Paul and his beliefs. But I do understand when a guy gets shafted, and Ron Paul just got shafted.
On Saturday, the Ames Straw Poll was conducted in Iowa amid huge media interest and scrutiny. The results were enough to force one Republican candidate, Tim Pawlenty, out of the race, and catapult another, Michele Bachmann, into the “top tier.”
There are so many “top tier” stories in the media today that I can barely count them, let alone read them all, and Bachmann is in all of them by virtue of her victory at Ames. The rest of the tier is made up of two candidates who skipped Ames, Rick Perry and Mitt Romney.
As The Daily Beast put it: “The new top tier of Bachmann, Perry, and Romney — created by Bachmann’s Iowa straw poll win, Perry’s entry into the race and Romney’s lead so far in many national and state polls — has unleashed torrents of talk about the reshaped race.”
Paul’s name was not mentioned in this piece nor in many others. A Wall Street Journal editorial Monday magnanimously granted Paul’s showing in the straw poll a parenthetical dismissal: “(Libertarian Ron Paul, who has no chance to win the nomination, finished a close second.)”
But “close” does not fully describe Paul’s second-place finish. Paul lost to Bachmann by nine-tenths of one percentage point, or 152 votes out of 16,892 cast.
If it had been an election, such a result would almost certainly have triggered a recount. It was not an election, however, and that is my point. Straw polls are supposed to tell us, like a straw tossed into the air, which way the wind is blowing.
And any fair assessment of Ames, therefore, would have said the winds of the Republican Party are blowing toward both Bachmann and Paul.
Nonsense, some would say. Straw polls are just organized bribery, with the campaigns buying the tickets and distributing them to supporters. (And, in fact, this is what I wrote before Ames.)
What they really show, many argue, is not where the philosophical heart of the party is, but the organizational abilities of the candidates.
Fine, I’ll buy that. But why didn’t Paul get the same credit for his organizational abilities as Bachmann did for hers?
I am far from a Libertarian. I believe big government is swell as long as it does big things to help the common good. But after Ames, it was as if Paul had been sentenced to the Phantom Zone.
Bachmann appeared on five Sunday shows following Ames. Paul appeared on none. POLITICO’s Kasie Hunt was one of the few reporters to do a separate story on Paul’s showing at the straw poll, but to most of the media he remained an exotic, unworthy of attention.
And I don’t disagree that some of his beliefs — legalizing heroin, the right of states to secede — are strikingly peculiar (though he has been elected to a congressional district in Texas 12 times). But if Bachmann’s victory at Ames was good enough to gain her enormous publicity and top-tier status, why was Paul’s virtual tie good enough only to relegate him to being ignored?

werewolf

Hall of Famer
So far I have posted twenty Ron Paul for President 2012 bumper stickers all over my town. Primarily on signs and guardrails where lines of traffic can't miss them. I do it at odd hours to avoid detection. I affixed three of them onto magnetic backing and affixed them to my car. These stickers are available at the following URL: http://www.zazzle.com/ron+paul+for+president+gifts

How many Ron Paul for President Bumperstickers have you posted? If zero, then levitate off your arse, purchase stickers, and post them.

I was active in his last run for president, if you can call it that, because when the going got tough he vanished, and he vanished with 32 million dollars collected from "little guys" all across the country, including me. There's never been an accounting for that money, and he had himself surrounded by suspicious characters, like those "Ron Paul Limo" pyramid scheme guys with all the gold chains around their necks. I'm afraid that he is also controlled opposition, and the whole "democracy" thing in this country is a total scam. They run the votes through pre-programmed Diebold voting machines that they themselves program and they themselves count in private.

George Wallace, Pat Buchanan, David Duke, Ron Paul, they were all sweeping the voting until the "lords and masters" stepped in and fixed up the voting machines. I don't think politely voting in their sham elections can fix up this ****ed up country.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I was active in his last run for president, if you can call it that, because when the going got tough he vanished, and he vanished with 32 million dollars collected from "little guys" all across the country, including me. There's never been an accounting for that money, and he had himself surrounded by suspicious characters, like those "Ron Paul Limo" pyramid scheme guys with all the gold chains around their necks. I'm afraid that he is also controlled opposition, and the whole "democracy" thing in this country is a total scam. They run the votes through pre-programmed Diebold voting machines that they themselves program and they themselves count in private.

George Wallace, Pat Buchanan, David Duke, Ron Paul, they were all sweeping the voting until the "lords and masters" stepped in and fixed up the voting machines. I don't think politely voting in their sham elections can fix up this ****ed up country.

Ron Paul the "controlled opposition"? You're consistent, I'll give you that.

If Ron Paul is the "controlled" opposition then why fix the votes against him? If he was to win then they could just "control" him. Right?

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Ron Paul the "controlled opposition"? You're consistent, I'll give you that.

If Ron Paul is the "controlled" opposition then why fix the votes against him? If he was to win then they could just "control" him. Right?

And you're consistent. I think you probably watch too much tv and/or listen to zionist hate radio. Ron Paul is half and half, an insider but inside opposition. Same deal with Pat Buchanan and his scam presidential runs.

ww

Braveheart

And you're consistent. I think you probably watch too much tv and/or listen to zionist hate radio. Ron Paul is half and half, an insider but inside opposition. Same deal with Pat Buchanan and his scam presidential runs.

ww

It's possible for both Buchanan and Paul. It's likely for Alex Jones, but still I keep an open mind. Perhaps these "half and half" guys are just trying to go "mainstream" with their views, and they know 90% of what they're saying is true. Not everyone has the courage of David Duke or Don Wassall.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I think everything is possible in life. Therefore, I believe Dr. Paul can win. Of course, a lot of things have to align just right and there has to be a certain amount of luck to go with it, but he can win.

Another small point, It seems his ideas are winning anyway. The so called conservatives are starting to at least mouth his ideas. At some level, the politicians (I think of Dr. Paul as a statesman) understand he's right and if they want to win, they have to move towards his ideas, at least say they agree anyway and coopt his arguments as their own.

Tom Iron...

TwentyTwo

Master
Another article written by some liberal woman saying Bachman straw poll-showing in Iowa is good for Bahama...the article never mentions Ron Paul(only her, Romney & Perry)...why is this?? The media has been consistent forgetting to mention him...

If Paul is a 1/2 1/2..then the U.S. is truly doomed.. is he the only non-CFR member??

werewolf

Hall of Famer
It's possible for both Buchanan and Paul. It's likely for Alex Jones, but still I keep an open mind. Perhaps these "half and half" guys are just trying to go "mainstream" with their views, and they know 90% of what they're saying is true. Not everyone has the courage of David Duke or Don Wassall.

I'm afraid it's long past the point where we can rid ourselves of the vampire that has its fangs fastened to the throat of our country, as it did to Russia before, by politely participating in their mock elections and politely pulling the levers on their pre-programmed Diebold voting machines.

They wouldn't let Dr P participate in their sham presidential candidate debates last time, remember?

I recall one town in New England, the official results said that Dr P got zero votes in the whole town. Then a family came forward and said, WTF, we ALL voted for him! Helpful hint: Don't pre-program your Diebold machines to say zero for the guy you don't like. It can be embarrassing because people who did vote for that guy then know for a fact that the USA democracy gag is a sham. Oh, and Dr P's crooked campaign team said...nothing.

ww

Braveheart

I'm afraid it's long past the point where we can rid ourselves of the vampire that has its fangs fastened to the throat of our country, as it did to Russia before, by politely participating in their mock elections and politely pulling the levers on their pre-programmed Diebold voting machines.

ww

As we get closer and closer to the NWO's endgame, most white people will start to wake up to the type of information we know to be true here. It's not like the current PTB are going to keep their Marxist agenda where it is, they're gonna rev it up a notch! So this is a good thing.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

They wouldn't let Dr P participate in their sham presidential candidate debates last time, remember?

I recall one town in New England, the official results said that Dr P got zero votes in the whole town. Then a family came forward and said, WTF, we ALL voted for him! Helpful hint: Don't pre-program your Diebold machines to say zero for the guy you don't like. It can be embarrassing because people who did vote for that guy then know for a fact that the USA democracy gag is a sham. Oh, and Dr P's crooked campaign team said...nothing.

ww

You still havent explained why the PTB fear Ron Paul if he is "controlled opposition", why zero out his vote totals if he's controlled? Why bother giving him a crooked campaign team? What difference does it make if he's controlled?

Tom Iron

Mentor
Don't have a TV and will be busy tonight. Does anyone know how I can see the debate in full on the computer or just watch how Dr. Paul does tomorrow?

Tom Iron...

Westside

Hall of Famer
Don't have a TV and will be busy tonight. Does anyone know how I can see the debate in full on the computer or just watch how Dr. Paul does tomorrow?

Tom Iron...
Tom I, you can view it on Foxnews.com. They will be streaming it starting at 830 pm ET. Mr Paul shot a huge whole in his ship by declaring that he would appoint an important cabinet postion to uber lib Dennis Kincinch if appointed President. The 3 that will be hammering each other will be Perry, Romeny and my choice "thus far" Michelle Bachmann. Must see for political junkies.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
possibly THE best anti-militarism, anti-fear mongering political ad that i've ever seen. so simple. so profound. Ron Paul does it again.

pass it on, folks.

[video=youtube;XKfuS6gfxPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfuS6gfxPY[/video]

Highlander

Mentor
Excellent video, Jimmy. Thanks, for sharing. I'll be passing it on.

Also, Paul just won the Values Voter straw poll a little while ago.