Riley Moss

NikoDuke

Mentor
Interesting quotes from this article

"Tuesday, Moss showed why he remains firmly in the mix, breaking up two passes"

Typical journalistic condescending tone towards Whites athletes. Moss gets to REMAIN in the mix. Whites have to bust ass just to be an option..

“I love being the underdog,” Moss said. “I love when people doubt me"

It's a positive that is even being acknowledged in the mainstream media today.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m cautiously optimistic we see two starting white cornerbacks in 2024 (Moss and DeJean).

What happened to Apke? He never got a fair shake. He was very quickly dismissed for all his ideal size and speed.

Rocky B

Master
Moss listed as starter at corner (with Surtain).
I saw Bonner as second team corner in Miami.
Apke looks to not be in a camp.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great to see, the Broncos drafted Moss to be a starter so hopefully he stays healthy this season and thrives.

Bonner is getting lots of favorable publicity but given that he's an UFA his racial apprenticeship will probably go on for a while before he gets an opportunity, if ever. As always, injuries could work in his favor.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another positive report on Riley:

3 Broncos players who locked up starting jobs after preseason Week 1

Cornerback: Riley Moss

One of the more critical position battles happening right now that's gotten a bit overshadowed by the quarterback position is the cornerback position battle. The Broncos have the best cornerback in football in Pat Surtain II, and they have a stud in the slot with Ja'Quan McMillian. But the other outside cornerback job is up for grabs and 2023 third-round pick Riley Moss did a good job of making his case to win the job against the Colts.

Moss had a near-interception among his snaps and it was the first time we've seen him playing the outside cornerback position since he was at Iowa in 2022. He missed most of training camp last year with an injury and missed all of the preseason before playing primarily special teams for the Broncos.

Moss did a good job in his first preseason action of 2024 and there's at least one report that he's "running away" with the job.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In my honest opinion this is a huge caste system cracks in the dam year potentially. With 2 white cornerbacks and 4 potential white running backs other than Cmac to possibly see action on the field. Wonder what the betting odds would have been on that in Vegas just 2 years ago?

My wish is for both Moss and Dejean to become as well known as Jason Sehorn was many decades ago!

Another positive report on Riley:

3 Broncos players who locked up starting jobs after preseason Week 1

Cornerback: Riley Moss

One of the more critical position battles happening right now that's gotten a bit overshadowed by the quarterback position is the cornerback position battle. The Broncos have the best cornerback in football in Pat Surtain II, and they have a stud in the slot with Ja'Quan McMillian. But the other outside cornerback job is up for grabs and 2023 third-round pick Riley Moss did a good job of making his case to win the job against the Colts.

Moss had a near-interception among his snaps and it was the first time we've seen him playing the outside cornerback position since he was at Iowa in 2022. He missed most of training camp last year with an injury and missed all of the preseason before playing primarily special teams for the Broncos.

Moss did a good job in his first preseason action of 2024 and there's at least one report that he's "running away" with the job.

Riley's success continues in week 2. It sounds like the CB2 position opposite Surtain is his to lose. Playing opposite one of the league's top CBs will put additional pressure on him but hopefully he's up to the task.

He is in the first unit right now vs GB. Denver has a white starter on each level of the defense - Allen, Singleton, and Moss.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cody Barton started as well, good sign as he's supposedly battling Jonas Griffith to start next to Singleton, who is journeyman quality at best and often injured to boot.

The "aw-shucks" routine isn't for Riley Moss:
Broncos CB Riley Moss, poised to make his first NFL regular-season start on Sunday, knows the Seahawks might throw at him -- and he welcomes it.
"My first start at Iowa. I went out there and I got three deep bombs like first drive, and ended up with two picks that day. ... You know it's gonna happen, I hope it's gonna happen, and I'm ready to make a play."