RB Ben Bowen- Fastest 40 at LA Combine

Mike

Guru
520356.jpg

4.43 was fastest time clocked at recent Under Armor/Scout.com combine, just besting ND commit and fellow running back Cierre Wood's 4.44. Ben's 39.5 vert was sick as well. Tied for lead with short shuttle at 4.22. I've seen reports he's benched 185 as many as 37 times, but can' confirm them. His team went 0-10 last season.

Highlights

Only offer is from Portland State. Also a very good baseball player from what I'm told.

SteveB

Mentor
Wow, great video. He should be on the radar of every Pac10 team.Edited by: SteveB

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Aww great Jerry Glanville can wreck yet another white stud. Fire him please.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
What a complete crock! A kid with that kind of talent didn't get any PAC-10 or Mountain West offers?? If he was a "brutha", Pete Carroll would be creamin' himself to ink this kid!
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Mike said:
Not to nitpick, but Portland State is Division I.

Portland State is Division I-AA, or what is now called Football Championship Division.

it is NOT Division I, mate.
smiley2.gif
and this kid is a good enough athlete to play big time football.

Jimmy Chitwood said:
Mike said:

Portland State is Division I-AA, or what is now called Football Championship Division.

smiley2.gif

Jimmy, what Mike was refering to is that FCS schools are still Division 1. The 'S' in FCS and FBS stands for sub-division of Division 1. It's all just administrative codes for football of course, because both the FCS and FBS schools are not sub-divided for other sports, but part of the larger Division 1. Edited by: Electric Slide

Riddlewire

Master
Electric Slide said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Mike said:

smiley2.gif

Jimmy, what Mike was refering to is that FCS schools are still Division 1. The 'S' in FCS and FBS stands for sub-division of Division 1.

JC knows that very well.
That extra 'A' on 1AA makes all the difference. It's not the same level of football. Just because the NCAA nomenclature makes them sound similar doesn't mean that white football players should be happy to get a scholarship to a 1AA school. It's no better than getting a DivII scholarship. Black players steal the 1A scholarships that ought to (by both the statistics AND the measurables) go to white players.

Riddlewire said:
JC knows that very well.
That extra 'A' on 1AA makes all the difference. It's not the same level of football. Just because the NCAA nomenclature makes them sound similar doesn't mean that white football players should be happy to get a scholarship to a 1AA school. It's no better than getting a DivII scholarship. Black players steal the 1A scholarships that ought to (by both the statistics AND the measurables) go to white players.

Riddle I understand that FCS is obviously not the same level of football. I simply thought there was some confusion, because I know many otherwise knowledgeable people who have been confused since they switched it from 1-A and 1-AA to FBS and FCS. The point I was making is that the D1 schools are different subdivisions for football, but not for the other sports, which why FCS is still considered D1. Sorry about the confusion!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow this guy is a freak of nature; I just watched his highlights. Reminds me of another Jake Sharp or another Cory McCaffrey (they'll both have to fight for PT at Portland State; I mean give me a break
smiley11.gif
). Bowen's agility is just ridiculous the way he just slashes around on the field and keeps coming out of traffic in another direction and his power is surprising for a smaller guy. HE has great speed and burst too; a 4.43 40 yard time and a 40 inch vertical. This guy is a true white slashing scat-back. As I have stated before most white RBs have a more darting juking style than slashing.

This just makes me sick to my stomach that this kid isn't playing Div. IA ball. His highlight video is one of the best I've ever seen and I'm not exaggerating. The film quality wasn't great, but you can clearly see this guy has the tools to be a huge star in a BCS conference; if you focus your eyes closely.

I'd like to see this kid and Shad Bride walk on at North Texas, BYU or Colorado State. These two to me seem to be the most talented without an FBS scholarship. This country has turned mad that a kid like this can't get an FBS offer. I mean I'd like to see Luginbill try to say that Bowen doesn't have elite agility; it's an outright lie!

Blacks get so many things just handed to them now and even have the Presidency; whites ought to start leaving this nation and trying to immigrate elsewhere; part of the reason I'm leaving Jersey to return to Canada. This nation will often hold you down if you're white. The caste system is indeed a sign of a worsening future as Deadlift implies in his signature.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here is an update on Ben Bowen, who was relegated to Division I-AA FCS ("still division 1" ha!) Portland State. He was one of only 15 true freshman to play for the Vikings last year, and ended up 3rd in rushing for the team, all the while playing off of the bench. And the bit that everyone here at Caste Football will "like" the most is that he's listed as a FULLBACK!!! No joke. A 5'10" 200 pound 4.4 40 speed FULLBACK! Give me a break! Here is his bio if you don't believe me.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Damn.. this stuff is just sickening. Thanks FootballDad for looking all these guys up. It's nice (most of the time it's not, though) to know where these guys end up.

Riddlewire

Master
FootballDad said:
Here is an update on Ben Bowen, who was relegated to Division I-AA FCS ("still division 1" ha!) Portland State. He was one of only 15 true freshman to play for the Vikings last year, and ended up 3rd in rushing for the team, all the while playing off of the bench. And the bit that everyone here at Caste Football will "like" the most is that he's listed as a FULLBACK!!! No joke. A 5'10" 200 pound 4.4 40 speed FULLBACK! Give me a break! Here is his bio if you don't believe me.

With five blacks (and one PI) on the new coaching staff (headed by inexperienced affirmative action hire Nigel Burton), don't expect Bowen to get that 'fullback' label lifted any time soon. In slightly related news, Cory McCaffrey has been moved back to the RB position. I suspect this was done so that they could put him at the back of the line again. He was probably in danger of becoming the starting slot receiver for next year. Can't have that...