Ray Rice Suspended For 2 Games

davidholly

Mentor
Has anyone else noticed another lie routinely thrown around by the lamestream media during the Ray Rice/Roger Goodell uproar, namely that thanks to the NFL "reaching out" to women, females are now touted as "45% of the league's fan base."

Talk about a whopper! While there are many women interested in football, the vast majority of them are casual fans at best, wives and girlfriends of men who, sadly, live and die by their "home" team. Hard-core fans -- DWFs, fantasy football players, those that regularly listen to sports radio and read sports sections in newspapers -- are at least 95% men and probably more like 98%.

This is the same thing they're doing to video gaming. Women make up like 45% of video gamers now but that's only when you include casual games like Candy Crush and Angry Birds.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Has anyone else noticed another lie routinely thrown around by the lamestream media during the Ray Rice/Roger Goodell uproar, namely that thanks to the NFL "reaching out" to women, females are now touted as "45% of the league's fan base."

Talk about a whopper! While there are many women interested in football, the vast majority of them are casual fans at best, wives and girlfriends of men who, sadly, live and die by their "home" team. Hard-core fans -- DWFs, fantasy football players, those that regularly listen to sports radio and read sports sections in newspapers -- are at least 95% men and probably more like 98%.

I think this whole Rice affair is an attempt for the NFL to get more women involved. Just like the phony Fantasy Football chicks in another post. Women love this soap opera stuff and it's a direct appeal to them.

I have a Fantasy Football league and it has 4 women team owners. All but one are basically run by their male significant others. The lone woman that picked and runs her own team is from the 1% of woman who follow sports very closely. Her strategy though is to meet as many guys as possible and has determined that sports is the way to do it. She's actually a heckava lot of fun.

So, as in my fantasy football league, woman are involved in football but it is just to do something with their men. The guys in the league are the ones who really follow the game in detail and live and die with their teams.

foobar75

Master
All this grandstanding by the feminist/PC groups and their mangina enablers is because they see an opportunity to invade and get a firm foothold in one of the few remaining male dominated fields left in this country.

We are seeing the same thing with STEM departments in colleges and tech jobs in Silicon Valley with cries of lack of women and minorities in high-tech. There they have an ally in scumbag Jesse Jackson who's leading the diversity shakedown efforts by forcing companies to release their demographic data.

You have to look beneath the surface to ask how did all these women's, minority, and LGBT groups, Jackson, Sharpton, et al, ascended to their positions of power. It certainly didn't happen because of merit. Why can't anyone tell Jackson, NOW, or Glaad to **** off instead of cowering in fear and caving in to every demand? We know why.

The Raven players dedicated the win over the Steelers to Ray Rice. "We love him," one said. Many of the Baltimore DWFs also voiced their support of Rice.

The calls for Roger Goodell's resignation seem to be a perhaps unconscious way for the media and DWFs to blame Goodell instead of Rice.

If Goodell had suspended Rice for the season when the story first broke (and before the elevator video), the Player's Association would have blasted him for it.

white is right

Hall of Famer
All this grandstanding by the feminist/PC groups and their mangina enablers is because they see an opportunity to invade and get a firm foothold in one of the few remaining male dominated fields left in this country.

We are seeing the same thing with STEM departments in colleges and tech jobs in Silicon Valley with cries of lack of women and minorities in high-tech. There they have an ally in scumbag Jesse Jackson who's leading the diversity shakedown efforts by forcing companies to release their demographic data.

You have to look beneath the surface to ask how did all these women's, minority, and LGBT groups, Jackson, Sharpton, et al, ascended to their positions of power. It certainly didn't happen because of merit. Why can't anyone tell Jackson, NOW, or Glaad to **** off instead of cowering in fear and caving in to every demand? We know why.
These groups are purely grandstanding. As bad as the economic rebound has been, jobs in high tech sectors are always open. The reason for this is virtually nobody on the street can do them. The last thing a Fortune 500 company needs is an AA hiring that is in charge of tech security who can't program and the company is shutdown for X days and loses important contracts/ clients. You would think that racial ambulance chasers would be shown examples of equity hiring blowing up the public sectors face ie train conductors high on the job or clerks that are no shows on the job, etc, etc.

VetForumWars

I actually kind of feel a little sorry for Ray Rice's wife now. The media is treating her even worse than Ray Rice ever did. Acting like she's a piece of **** for sticking by him. Saying she's a poor role model for victims of domestic abuse. It's not her goddamn job to be a role model for victims of domestic abuse. It's her goddamn life, if she wants to go back to Ray Rice then that's her choice. Then they bring up "battered woman syndrome" as if they're professionally trained psychologists with insider information to her life.

They're treating her like a retarded child because she doesn't want her life to be defined by this one event.

It's funny how respecting a woman's right to choose and her independence (ya know, feminism) is thrown out the window once a woman wants to give her dumb husband a second chance. It's seems more like feminist is code-word for ugly bulldyke.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am no fan of Goodell or the Ravens Organization and I won't say I have not enjoyed seeing that clown Goodell on the hot seat. With that said this whole thing has turned ridiculous - the media has totally taken the focus off the culprit and the crime (which I believe is a personal matter and should of remained between Ray Rice and his now wife). The finger pointing at Goodell and Bisciotti is totally unwarranted as they had nothing to do with the crime which happened on Ray Rice's personal time and was no way related to his job. The total invasiveness of the media and 24 hour news cycle is to blame as this society goes further down the toilet.

The Lies Make Me Sick

All the lies pertaining to this despicable episode make me sick.Ray and Janay Rice initially lied about the true nature of what occured in that elevator.Ozzie Newsome lied when he said that Ray "always said exactly what happened".The Marxist media mavens lied when they said the NFL had the whole tape before it was released by TMZ.The worst part is that the main purpose of these lies was to distract as many people as possible away from the actions of yet another in an exhaustively long line of thug afroletes behaving like a savage.

:mad2: