pudzianowski mma debut

moose

Guru
mariusz pudzianowski 5x worlds strongest man will make his mma debut on december 11 2009 in poland. Pudzianowski finished in second place this year (today) in the worlds strongest man contest 2009. Zydrunas Savickas was the winner and Brian Shaw was third.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thanks Moose. Wow! Mariusz is a beast...if he has any kind of technique & chin, he could dominate. He'd be probably the only guy in MMA with (alot) more functional strength than Lesnar.

moose

Guru
super mariusz used to box and has a 4 degree black belt in kyushin karate.

moose

Guru
mariusz makes his mma debut this week, friday december 11. There is a video of him training for his fight on youtube.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
moose,

Have you seen Strongman Richard Skog? He's definitely a legit 6-foot-6, and his arms are really long! I think he could be unstoppable if he seriously took up MMA.

moose

Guru
skog is a big viking from norway,with good trainers he could go far in mma.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Skog is another Aryan monster with superhuman strength. I was always a big fan of Bill Kazmaier & Gerrit Badenhorst (in WSM). No one in MMA could match the strength (functional & overall) of Skog & Mariusz...not even Lesnar.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What ever happened to the other strongman? He was a blond guy I think from Norway. He was supposed to box profesionally but I haven't heard anything on him yet. I can't remember his name.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Not sure WA33. Did he win WSM?

Do you remember Finland's Tony Halme? He wrestled in the WWF as "Ludvig Borga" & fought Randy Couture at UFC 13 (lost via RNC/sub), boxed (beat Iran Barkley) and starred in Finnish version of the TV game show American Gladiators (Gladiaattorit) in the 1990s. Halme was in movies like "Lionheart" & "Die Hard: With a Vengeance", written 4 books & was a member of Finnish Parliament.

TonyHALME-famous.jpg

borga.jpg

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I wasn't aware of Halme. I haven't been following strongman competitions until a few years ago. I found the guy who I was talking about and his name is Arild Haugen. He is going to box proffesionally.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Alotta big, bad@$$, strongmen coming from the Nordic lands!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Maruisz Pudzianowski wins his MMA debut against Marcin Najman :43 into round 1 via TKO/strikes. He actually landed a slew of leg kicks to set up the TKO. He has alotta work in the technique department, but has the superhuman power & athletic ability to make a dent as a SHW in MMA.
smiley32.gif

Fight Video - Polish Powerhouse Wins MMA Debut!

foobar75

Master
WOW!!!
smiley47.gif

Mariusz is an absolute beast! Of course, we already know that from WSM, but the speed and fury in which he destroyed his opponent was unbelivable.

All he needs to is to dedicate a year or so in a legit MMA camp with a good trainer, and he will be unstoppable.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Darn it, link is still down/removed.Edited by: guest301

chris371

Mentor
Google video search it guys. I like the way the ref arm barred pudz to get him off the guy

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
It looks like M-1 might set up WSM Pud vs. Alexander Emelianenko ...that'd be quite the test for the Polish Powerhouse! The 15-3 Alex is 6'6, has good hands & solid sambo (training with his brother & MMA King Fedor). Alex has won 6 straight fights since his sub loss to BJJ ace/ADCC HW champ Fabricio Werdum 3 years ago. However, Mariusz would have a big size & HUGE power advantage on the Russian.

Mariusz vs. Alexander Emelianenko??

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
WA33, are you referring to former Mr.Olympia Ronnie Coleman? If so...to my knowledge he's not planning to compete in MMA (he's 45). He also announced he's competing in the 2010 Mr.O. Coleman couldn't match strength (gym or functional) with Mariusz.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
WA33, are you referring to former Mr.Olympia Ronnie Coleman? If so...to my knowledge he's not planning to compete in MMA (he's 45). He also announced he's competing in the 2010 Mr.O. Coleman couldn't match strength (gym or functional) with Mariusz.

Yep I was being sarcastic Dixie. Some DWF's say Coleman is the most athletic big man in the world. I laugh that one off. I saw some videos of him doing 2,000 pound leg presses but he was doing only half reps. Some of the DWF's even acknowledge this.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
10-4!
smiley71.gif

Yeh, PED loaded Coleman (who trains, eats, sleeps for a living) is alot stronger than the "average joe" on the street...but is nowhere near WSM level. Powerlifters are stronger (on average) than bodybuilders (who train for aesthetics).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
10-4!
smiley71.gif

Yeh, PED loaded Coleman (who trains, eats, sleeps for a living) is alot stronger than the "average joe" on the street...but is nowhere near WSM level. Powerlifters are stronger (on average) than bodybuilders (who train for aesthetics).

Coleman would never be a threat in any strongman competition. The only black I know that competed in WSM is Mark Felix. He did decent a few times but he is nowhere near the top guys.