Pro Bowl Black QB hype.

Bart

Hall of Famer
AP writer Greg Beacham just about has an orgasm in anticipation of the ProBowl. Finally we get to see the great Michael Vick. He quotes McNabb: ``Everybody knows what he can do in a real game. Now we'll get to see what he does when nobody can blitz you. It could be scary.''

We all understand why Donovanfeels that way... Philly fans in particular. I mean, watching him and Vick trying to figure out what to do while being blitzedis also be pretty damn SCARY!

The writer is so dang pleased McNabb, Culpepper and Vick are playing he somehow totally forgets to mention CASTE system QB's will also play... you know... the melanin challenged variety. Oh well, he comes right out and tells at the end of piece why he's on this incredible high. Read below.

Vick counts McNabb and Culpepper among the players who extended advice to him early in his career, so he's particularly excited to be their teammates for the first time. McNabb and Vick also believe this Pro Bowl will be one more advancement for the acceptance of black quarterbacks.

``It says a lot about how far the game has come and how the position has evolved,'' Vick said. ``We're getting an opportunity to show what we can do in this league. ... It shows that we're here to stay.''

Hey Mike, we are all soooo glad the game has(D) evolved .

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
One of these days, these press guys will realize the game has suffered greatly due to the Caste System's discrimination toward white players, but by that time, no one will be watching football. When you turn a precise, controlled game into a sloppy, rambling wreck, much of the appeal will be lost. We can see this already with Philadelphia and Atlanta's offenses. Little remnants of a fine system left there, just a confused stupified mess of what used to be a game.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
For those people that are banking on Vick to really accomplish something in the NFL I say --forget it. The guy is totally out of control. His ability to self distruct is incredible. What is going to get this guy eventually is his personal life. Look at his little brother, already popped for drugs and sex with underage girls. I'm sure Vick is in all of this and eventually he will get caught. Mark my words--he cannot avoid it. There is no famous black man that is unable to resist the temptations of fame---NONE! All that can be said is that they are forgiven or given a pass: MLK, Malcolm X, Marion Berry, Jesse Jackson, Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, every past and present leader of the NAACP, need I go on? For some players, like linebacker and running backs all that is OK, but for a QB. Nope. Those guys need to be clean. Vick will not make it. Gaurenteed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good point about eventually screwing up. Seems like almost all famous black athletes do at one time or another, even the ones seen as the white-friendliest, least threatening type blacks like O. J. and Warren Moon (very nearly choked his wife to death but she wouldn't press charges). Eugene Robinson went straight from a ceremony honoring him as the NFL's Leader of the Year or some such b.s. award and was busted for soliciting a prostitute. It was the night before the Super Bowl the year Atlanta made it.

Michael Jordan is establishment all the way, but was enmeshed in gambling problems and the strange death of his father. Culpepper made the news the other day when a couple of his buddies were busted for drugs while driving one of Daunte's cars. McNabb has been clean so far, so was Emmitt Smith, but there aren't many.

JD074

Master
Jordan also paid "hush money" to a woman that he had an
affair with. Apparently years later she decided it wasn't enough
money and sued him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That's what happens when you get a bunch of deviants into a game to the point that they outnumber everyone else. Cleaning sports up requires a reintegration of white players, period. Not to say that all blacks are deviant, clearly they aren't. Just as all whites aren't angels. But the majority of blacks who are in sports are clearly having problems that will do nothing but continue to drag sports down.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Vick made the Pro-Bowl? He didn't even pass for over 3000 yards
or throw over 15 TD's!! They greatly lowered the standards to be in the
probowl.
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms, statistics have absolutely no bearing what so ever ragarding the hype surrounding black QB's. There is something magical about a black directing his team down the field.It is a religious experience only true believers can understand. What else explains the fawning interviews Terry Bradshaw had with Kordell-Slash-Stewart. You would have thought Kordell was Montana, Young, Unitas, Marino and Ghandi all rolled into one. Of course, he stunk it up for years but his glorious aura kept him in the spotlight. Seriously, it must be hypnotic. How else can you explain that goofy scene of Bill Cowher giving him a kiss on the cheek coming off the field... truly bizarre.

okra63

Guru
Remember guys the Pro Bowl is left up to a fan vote. If can't say watching McNabb and Vick isn't exciting, then you need to go get a physical. These guys are talented, if they weren't they wouldn't have gotton to the NFL.

The fans voted these guys there, because they like what they do. So, unless you voted, don't complain.

Yes, black athletes have the tendancy to mess up. Y'all think whites can't? What about Pete Rose in baseball? Come-on, please, Vick and McNabb can do things with a football, Montana never will be able to do. Football is a lot more exciting with these guys, even more than used to. Apparently y'all like a defensive teams.

When I played football, we used some of the same types of offenses. We had a talented athlete who was the masterpiece of it. NFL teams need to build around these guys, hence the Eagles Super Bowl run, that ended in defeat. Guys have to grow, together, look for the Eagles and the Falcons to be on the top of the NFC again next season.

Also, remember, Pro Bowl's are all about money, so they are going to select players who are exciting, if the NFL wants people in the seats.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
okra63 said:
Vick and McNabb can do things with a football, Montana never will be able to do.

Like lose a Super Bowl ??
smiley2.gif

I watched the Championship game and I can honestly say I don't find Vick
exciting. I also got to see him a few years back, and didn't see why
people liked the guy. I never posted anything about McNabb
because he honestly deserved to be there. But, the fan's must of
been braindead to have Vick in the Pro Bowl. Besides the fact everyone
found Vick exciting before he even hit the field. I saw Brian Urlacher
outrun the guy, but according to the Sporting News hes overrated
because he can run fast.

Edited by: Bear-Arms

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Hey, Okra, what do you think of Doug Flutie?

Take a look at the thread bearing the same name in the NFL section of
this message board, if you think Vick is all-star material.

And just because fans participate in the selection process doesn't mean
that they're right. Are you a fan of majority rules? This is the same
process that elects Vince "I take games off" Carter to the NBA All-Star
game every year.

Funny you should mention Pete Rose as your example of a white player
who screws up. Rose has been blackballed for years and will never make
the hall of fame. But you will find black players convicted of
assault, drug possession, solicitation, and other offenses still
playing their game, without nearly the same vilification and
condemnation in the media that white players face for lesser
infractions. We'll see how the baseball steroid controversy plays
out, if McGwire and Giambi fare as well as Barry "age like fine wine"
Bonds does when all the dust settles.

And finally, I think I spotted an error in your post. Didn't you mean
to compare McNabb and Vick to Joe MANTEGNA? Mantegna *is* better
looking, but I bet with enough Chunky Soup commercials under his belt
and affirmative-action media behind him, McNabb could give him a run
for his money once he retires from football. What do you think?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Opra 63, yes, we know the pro bowl is largely a popularity contest.That is the point we are trying to make concerning the likes of Vick. He's a product of the media myth makers. His abilities as a quarteback are vastly overrated.After failing his reads he will take off running which is the onlything he does well. He also fumbles a lot and gets nailed for negative yards or no gain.

To say Vick and McNabb can do things with a football Montana was never able to do is pretty silly don't you think? What can they do that Montana couldn't other than tuck it under an arm and run faster. IfVick ever throws for huge yards, completes a high percentage of passes, wins some passing titles, throws significantly more touchdowns than picks and leads his teams to four super bowls as Joe did than I will concede to your point.

Bobby Douglass was also very exciting because he made everyone's heart skip a beat when he had the ball. You didn't know if he would overthrow his receiver by a mile or get picked or run for big yards and wipe out a corner back or line backer. Yeah, he was very exciting but he was a LOUSY quarterback.

As for McNabb, he is much much better than Vick. Now tell me what he can do with a football that Montana never did other than puke on it in the huddle.

Kaptain

Master
I voted for the pro bowl. I don't find anything especially exciting about these guys. They claim that they can do things white quarterbacks cannot. The idea of a running quarterback is not all of sudden a new idea. Fran tarketon did it masterfully for 18 years.He could pass and avoid geting sacked all at the same time. When he retired he was the career leader in passing in every statisitcal category. The fans do vote the players in, but the majority of the fans are easily brainwashed by the media into thinking that they are watching some kind of revelation in football never seen before. Its been done before and been done better. Frankly, I think Doug Flutie at 42 uses his legs much better than Vick or McNabb does and he can pass. Flutie rarely gets sacked and runs for first downs and touchdowns when needed. The media has never touted him as a "new breed" quarterback.

bigunreal

Mentor
McNabb was once a great runner, but he doesn't even run much at all any
more. Thus, he is not even as "exciting" as Jeff Garcia, who will be
lucky to start in Detroit and is beloved by no one in the media or the
stands, despite putting up stats that McNabb and certainly Vick will
never match. Vick is a complete joke, and is credited with things he
doesn't even do on the field, and his every move is said to be
unprecedented. He has been called a "superman," in all
seriousness. The fact that the fans voted in black QBs is no surprise.
White fans hate white players.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think you guys were a little too hard on okra. Yeah Vick generates some excitement and McNabb led his team to the Super Bowl. My concern however is if Vick's game is so much fun to watch then why aren't white QB's with the same talents given a chance to show it and by doing so give ME a chance to enjoy watching the kind of players I like to watch. Fine, people like Vick. I like McMahon, or Crouch or Jones, give then the same chance.

I do agree that the comparison with Montana was poorly chosen. He was a comeback machine and there is nothing more exciting then a late game comeback. Vick and certainly Mcnabb lack that quality and it makes them MUCH less enjoyable to watch.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms you said "I saw Brian Urlacher outrun the guy, (Vick) but according to the Sporting News hes overrated because he can run fast." You bring up a couple interesting points. I don't think Urlacher can run as fast as Vick but he has run him down a couple times making exciting plays. He also made a spectacular play running down Ahman Green whobusted free and was running down the sidelinefor a sure score.

Urlacher who was not in the picture took off after him covering lots of yards, he finally chased him down and flew in the air making an incredible touchdown saving tackle. Everyone was shocked how quickly he ate up ground. Deion Sanders was a cover guy but couldn't tackle to save his life. Vick is also pretty much one dimensional. Yet both are praised to the heavens. Urlacher who may be the quickest and best sideline to sideline linebacker to ever play is often denigrated for not being a better run stuffer.

After many years the media still loves to show clips of Bo Jackson running over Bosworth. Do you think Urlacher will be seen nailing Vick, Green or countless others? Only blacks can be superman, whites are Clark Kent.

bigunreal

Mentor
No, I don't think a replay of Urlacher running down Vick will ever be
shown by any television station, ever. Such sights could cause a
revolution in public perception. I hope you videotaped it, because
they've probably destroyed the evidence.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bart, I agree that Jackson running over Bosworth is overplayed and somewhat exaggerated, and if my memory serves me coeectly Bosworth was just standing there like an idiot. He had zero momentum and frankly I probably could've done the same thing to him if I had a full head of steam like Jackson did. It was no spectacular feat, I'll promise you that.
As for okra63's comment, I thing you are missing the whole point of this website, one that has been mentioned in many threads before. That is the fact that the Caste System media has been pushing blacks over whites for everything for well over 20 years. Because fans don't have a real choice as to who they see on the highlight tapes on ESPN, they vote for blacks.
The second reason they vote for them is the media saying whites can't compete with blacks on any level. The public has bought into it because of the biased reporting. That is why you see more blacks in the pro bowl, and that's why the standards have been lowered to let underachieving black QB's in the game.
Let's face it, they aren't that spectactular at all, no matter how you slice it. They don't win the big games, with a couple of exceptions. They get too much credit for doing what white QB's have been doing better for years. So, I hope you understand that whether the fans know it or not, they are being led into voting for blacks in the Pro-Bowl because of a ruthlessly biased pro-black media. If you don't understand this by now, I doubt you ever will.
I would hope that anyone who comes on this site will be able to clearly see how whites are discriminated against in all these sports that we discuss, and because of that discrimination, it affects everything within sports itself. If you can't understand that or integrate it into your thinking about these issues, there is nothing more that I can say that will help.

okra63

Guru
The point I was trying to make with Montana was the fact he could never tuck and run. There is no one out there dumb enough not to believe they are shown highlights of players who the news casters want to them to see. I don't think the world works in such a way. I believe we are shown these highlights due to the excitement generated from them. You got to admit watching a guy like Mike Vick and Donavan McNabb take a snap and go through their reads whether or not they get them right, and blow through a defense for a touchdown is exciting. If not, then you never played football or never played that brand of football. Would you really want to see a sports broadcast about 1-yard td runs by running backs, long touchdown bombs to wide receivers all the time? Come on, guys. I believe you need to give a little credit to where credit is due anyway. Alot of times people are shown highlights of the local NFL teams of their region, this is because they are close to them and everyone likes them. It is kinda hard to get 49er highlights in the Mississippi Delta unless they are playing the Falcons, Rams, or Saints.

I have no doubt in my mind whites are being discriminated against in sports. To say that I don't understand that is being a little *******y and know it all. No one is dumb enough to believe that line. I have got news for all of you if I didn't believe that I never would post anything to this site. Get over the fact of skin tone and take it for what it is worth. Remember this "Think long, do it wrong." "Think lite do it right."

In other words fellas don't put much thought in things you can't control, especially when they mean as little to life as a nat.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
okra63, I think your suffering from Caste System syndrome. You say you know that whites are discriminated against in sports, but you won't admit that TV announcers and sportscasters play a role in this. Evidently you don't watch much ESPN. Anyone who does will know that it happens all the time, and ESPN is only the most watched sports network in the US. Blacks get way more coverage than whites, sometimes for their flashy and good play, sometimes for their antics or childlike behavior, and sometimes for no reason at all. They are always given interviews and commentary in which they are praised. It is tough to find a white player in the major sports that is not ridiculed by many sports broadcasters. Whites have been told they are inferior to blacks athletically and the press is furthering that myth. If you think focusing on this is petty or useless think again. This is just one manifestation of the disease of political correctness that is not so slowly killing this country. To speak out against this prejudice against whites is to speak the truth and nothing more. I don't see it as petty either, because in a sense we are talking about the future of our country. I know I don't agree with everyone on this site about everything, but we all agree that there are big problems facing the US and if the root of the problem that caused the Caste System to develop can be solved, I think a lot of others will be too. That's what I believe and I'm sticking to it. Deo Vindice!

Kaptain

Master
I really don't find the style of play that Vick and McNabb possess very exciting. This is because they are poor passers in comparison to other quarterbacks in the league. Since they possess less of a passing threat, their tuck and run style is a shade away from a glorified direct snap to a running back. Also their game management is extremely poor as we seen in the superbowl as well as several other games. The most exciting quarterbacks to watch are scramblers with the intent to pass - not runners. As far as ESPN and the media shaping the thoughts of the average sports fan - they most certainly do. Most sports fans (not people on this site) believe whatever they hear on TV without question. Average fans almost always repeat what they hear in the media as gospel like mind-numbed robots. Very few sports fans have original thoughts - they almost always repeat things they here on TV rather then thinking for themselves. ESPN constantly highlights dunk after dunk - its not exciting. We have commentary and reporting from all facets of the media on topics such the need for more black quarterbacks, coaches, owners etc. We are bombarded with historical and present day supposed racism stories against blacks in every sport. We have all heard it before and it is not exciting. What would be exciting would be stories on the racism perpetrated on white NFL players. Wouldn't a story on the lack of white NFL running backs be exciting? Then why don't we ever hear it? There is an agenda.

speedster

Mentor
That about say's it all,Kaptain.McNabb has never been an accurate passer and was always looking to run.These days Vick has taken over that roll as he totally doesn't seem aware of things.The way these two play,it should be considered just streetball.The same thing goes for basketball.Streetball.Dunk,dunk and dunk.The Europeans and Argentinians have showed the world it's not all about the dunk,but as you say Kaptain,the media has decided that is what is exciting and all the followers agree.I'm always amazed how people will hook on to latest ESPN guru and that guys opinion becomes their own.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You don't know how many times I have heard a sports fan say something that sounds like it came off the local sportscast or national show. I wonder how these people take in everything without thinking. Kaptain Poop is right, in that very few fans have a developed opinion about anything sports related. Most can't even tell you why they are a supposed fan of a team that they have never driven to see play in person or that is corrupt.

Many self proclaimed fans are nothing more than trend followers. They jump on a bandwagon when things are going well, or when it is deemed popular in their social circle. They have no personal beliefs about what sportsmanship is or what their team should be like. Because of this, they will often follow a team for years, without knowing why. I called it being a blind fan.
These are people who follow a team just for kicks and without a clue as to what is going on within an organization. They usually have no idea on whether certain changes that are made are good or not. Then when the real fans, who know why they like a team, decide to quit being a fan of a team because of negative changes that are made, people wonder why. I'll tell you why, it's because they can think. Usually they are castigated for not changing with "the times" or recognizing what is good business. The owners or administrators then call the fans who remain true fans, when the only reason they hang around is because of popularity or ignorance. That is definitely what happened at Ole Miss over the last several years, and it occurs everywhere all the time.

okra63

Guru
Again I believe you missed what I was reffering to Col. Reb. You see, sports is a petty part of life. It is nothing more than a nat that lands on my shoulder that I brush off. In the grand skeme of life you know and I know all that matters is your relationship with Jesus Christ. It isn't going to matter who wins the NCAA chamionship or nothing. Yea, sportscasters due force their views off on the general public by allowing viewers to see highlights of games they think the public wants to see. The key to the whole thing is to make the sportscasters want to give unbiased or unracists coverage of sports or life. People don't need to let skin tone get in the way of viewing humans as humans, but when you think about the number of whites who used to be in sports and see the numbers have dwindled does make you wonder what has happened. All I know is that the people on this website need to make it ever so clear they are not holding opinions against others just because of the color they are.

If I am coaching, and I have a black kid and a white kid who both play well at quaterback and the black kid can run a little faster, I am going to start him because of his athletic ability, not the color of his skin. Sometimes people on this site say things that could be taken either way racists or to the point of the website. That being said, "Be careful little fingers what you type."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hear where your coming from okra63.I think that most of
the posters here are just really discouraged at the
treatment that goes on these days towards there own
kind.Very few if any on this site have said whites are
better than anyone.We all say that we are equal and
should not be slotted into certain positions.One only
needs to look at the numbers going on from Pop Warner
up to the NFL and tell me that it's not only talent.It
is obvious to me and to many that there are many other
factors that keep these athletes from acheiving the
God given talents that they have.I do not beleive any
race is better than another.I DO BELIEVE THAT WHITES
ARE EQUAL TO ANYONE!There is no superior race.I really
believe that you are taking this site the wrong way.
Here is to equal opportunity for everyone!!