Post your max lift numbers!

StarWars

Mentor
waterbed said:
now i can go the Gym now my back pain is only very little, before I did only soccer, athletics.

Keep working at it. Walking and swimming for exercise and try to lift as always!

If I had a dime for every time I saw a "huge black guy' rep 130 lbs....

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I just put up 205 pounds in standing overhead-press w/ barbell.. a new Personal Best!

Not bad for a "White boy" to lift more weight overhead than many affletes, especially b-ballers, can even bench press.. one time! I admit that my lift may not seem "super-strong" -- but I was dealing with some plateaus and a less-than-stellar workout regimen. I feel I have now fine-tuned my regimen, and I'm feeling stronger than ever.

I would love to crush around 250 pounds one day..

Fenris

6^1 200 12% 29, recovering from an injury currently so allot of stuff is down.

Squat 275(ass to grass olympic style)(all time 325)
Deadlift(370 all time 440)
Handstand Press ups(5)
Muscle ups 6
Pull ups 16
40(not timed since injury 4.7 before injury)
vert(25 all time 33)
Broad Jump(9^2 all time 9^9)

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
44 years old, 5'10.5, 215lbs. On a good dayI can bench 425lbs., squat 350lbs.(bad knee and back) Ran 4.7 in high school. In my 20's could rep 315- 15 times and 225- 30 times(bench press.) The secret to a good bench is lots of push-ups.

As a former active duty Marine I still do my pull-ups twice a week. 3 sets of 12 - 15 reps.

SEMPER FI!

Alpha Male

Mentor
Man we have some strong posters here. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I've been sticking to one day of speed training and one day of both Olympic and powerlifting. Isometimes add a recovery day in of dynamic stretches, drills, and light tempo runs or swimming.

This is the least amount of volume I've ever done and I feel healthier and have a heck of allot more free time.

I've been training off and on with a sprinter who is really popular around here but will remain nameless for obvious reasons.

I've discarded the old grinding out reps mentality and have started to only lift for speed (acceleration reps). So it's the rep quality that counts- notthe fulfillment of aprescribednumber of sets. Just as many sets of a1 to 2 repslifted as fast as possible.

Last week I hang cleaned 185 and dead lifted 365 without straps. Becausemy rep speed slowed, I cut the workout short even though I could have grinded out a heavier weight.

If anyone is interested in this type of training, visit T-Nation and read "The Perfect Rep."The article advocates acceleration and fast twitch focus, and consequently, an intuitive understanding of your own body to know when to shut down a workout. You will leave the gym with more energy than you came in with, which is in stark contrast to my previousworkouts which left me drained.

This way of lifting complements speed training, track, jumping, or any athletic endevour that requires speed, power, or both. It also keeps that bodyfat down since working in the alactic energy system ( 1 to 6 seconds maximum intensity) is a potent strategy for increasing muscle mass and decreasing body fat.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I haven't benched in a while but I've been doing sets of push ups for the last few months and I feel jacked. Along withusing a bar to get in some curls, chest press and upright rows.I use a varietyof different hand position techniques and I feel fresh after my workouts not drained as Aplha referred to after a heavy bench session.

I get my cardio in playing basketball and I'm hoping I'll be able to dunk by the end of the summer. I'm only 5'10 and I'm close!

BTW* I'll have to take a look at the programAlpha recommendedEdited by: celticdb15

Alpha Male

Mentor
Yes you do bro! I just pulled a 405 deadlift. I weight about 185.

I used a Neural Excerise - anything explosive - to warm up. I chose the hang clean and performed max effort reps on every set of 1 to 2 repsevenutally working up to a 185 for 1.

Once wamred up, I worked up to the 405 pull which felt easy. I went for 455 put couldn't get it so I shut the workout down. Finished off with depth jumps (I could jump higherthannormal after the clean and deads were performed with max effort and forcespectrum ramping)and barbell push press. I was out of there loaded with a ton of eneregy for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I'll do something to help recover. Dynamic warm -ups, body weight circuits, static stretch, and foam roll.

foobar75

Master
Excellent job Alpha Male! You have now reached a level that separates the men from the boys in the weightroom! I'm good for a 425lb deadlift myself, 33 years old, ~215lb. Just about 2x my body weight, and I'm very happy with that. Of course, I do not use any sissy chalk powder or straps, just an alternating grip. I was really shooting for a 500lb deadlift until last year, but then realized that my personal genetic limit is right around that 425-435 range, so I see no need to push any further.

Keep up the good work! Also, for the hang-clean, you really should use those hips as much as possible. Once you learn to bend those hips and get that explosion off the ground, you'll be cleaning 200+ lbs in no time. I recommend you do some heavy shrugs to get used to the bottom part of the cleaning motion.

It's really amazing how much stronger I've gotten ever since incorporating Olympic lifts into my routine. In fact, I no longer do machines or most of the other routine stuff. Incline bench, squat, deadlift, hang-clean, snatch, standing military press, plus some other stuff with medicine balls and plyometrics is all I do. I also use body-weight exercises like pull-ups, chin-ups, and various forms of push-ups as warm-ups/finishers. I always chuckle when I see people doing useless stuff like the lat pulldowns or triceps pressdowns.

Alpha Male

Mentor
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Thanks for the genuine encouragement Foobar75. <O:p></O:p>
I think I'll need a real Olympic bar and platform if I want to safely clean 200 plus. That way I can drop it as well, which will save my body from damage ofeccentric lowering.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
I'm deloading this week. My sprints and lifts have been going up, but I need to rest. Tendonitis has a way of always creeping into my Achilles. This has always been an issue<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Can anyone recommend some therapy to help alleviate an Achilles heal issue?

Edited by: Alpha Male

Observer

Mentor
Alpha Male said:
Can anyone recommend some therapy to help alleviate an Achilles heal issue?
Irish dancing, no kidding. Except for the "rocking" movements. Just the basic steps.