Post your max lift numbers!

Steve Patriot

Here we can show each other just how massively strong we all are!
smiley9.gif

You can post any many lifts as you want.

Bench Press: 195

Squat: 230

Power clean: 115 Total:525

Dead lift: 200
Training time: 18 months

I can't be the strongest person here... but I do have youth on my side! I'll get bigger.

Edited by: Steve Patriot

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
BP: 206
Squat: it came out to 350! =]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I haven't lifted regularly in over 15 years, but when I was 16 these were my max lifts. I'm 5-6 and weighed 155 back then.
Bench: 210
Power Clean: 150
Squat: 360
Deadlift: 360

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Bench press 215lbsBarbell curl 120 lbs squat 350 lbs, My problem is I have been plauteing for the longest. I have tried changing exercises and things but get minimal results. Also 34 inch vertical not sure about by 40 time.Edited by: whiteathlete33

StarWars

Mentor
5'9" 157 lbs.

-Bench Press 8x 205, so probably about 250 once but never tested my max.

-Squat 8x300

Edited by: StarWars

5'9, 205lbs. - 22 years young<div>
</div><div>Haven't maxed in a while but</div><div>Incline BB: 280x5</div><div>Decline BB: 330x5</div><div>(I never flat BB as it's hell on your rotator cuffs)</div><div>
</div><div>Squat: 365x5</div><div>Box Squat: 315x4 (12 inch box)</div><div>
</div><div>DeadLift: 415x5</div><div>Romanian DeadLif: 365x5 (For hamstrings)</div><div>
</div><div>Hang Clean: 215x5</div><div>Power Clean: 245x5</div><div>
</div><div>40: 4.6 (But hand timed by a freind, so not sure how accurate that is)</div>

Observer

Mentor
Half a lifetime ago, these numbers were 50% higher, but this is where I'm at now:
- Deadlift 343
- Bench 225 x 24: not the best form, but surprised myself because I don't work on this. Bench press in my mind is a pretty useless lift that I do mostly for warm-up.

- My workout is brief, just a few minutes: I do something to warm-up, especially the hamstrings and achilles, and then run as far as I can in a minute, turn around, and run back with whatever is left over (usually with small weights in hands). Sometimes I'll try to do a max deadlift or squat immediately after this (which actually isn't very heavy, because I'm worn out), or a set of chin-ups. I often finish with some upside-down situp things (I looped a rope to the rafters, get my feet up there, hang upside-down, and then pull a weight up). I figure all the blood that goes to my head keeps me from going bald.
Sometimes I swing a home-made kettlebell around, which seems to be good for overall shoulder health, in spite of what seems like the violent action of it.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I've not lifted for max(es) in a long while, but about a 10-15 ago here were my maxes (I am 6'8 & was holding about 265-270 around the times I put these up)...

- BP = (raw) 405, (bench shirt) 440 , 225 x 34.

- Squat = 580 (parallel)

- Powerclean = 375

- Military Press = 275

- Deadlift = 600

- In HS, my fastest 40 y/d was 4.71, & vertical leap was 34" (Junior year of HS).

I probably can't touch those #'s these days, but still have some decent strength (weight room & functional). My arms are still 20" (but not cut) & forearms about 17". I'm have a very large frame & good natural strength, but never been "shredded".

Observer

Mentor
Dixie, incredible size/speed/strength/height/power numbers. About how old were you when you did those big lifts?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Observer said:
Dixie, incredible size/speed/strength/height/power numbers. About how old were you when you did those big lifts?

I was between 25-27 when I got those maxes, and was training pretty hardcore back then. I ran that 40 y/d in HS & vertical leap in college. I bulked up in college so my 40 went up to 4.9+.I'm no where near any of those #'s now, but am still alot stronger that the average dude. I can still throw up 335-345 on bench, but don't squat or deadlift anymore.

Fyi, I was able to dunk in 7th grade, BUT I was 6'4. I could grab the rim in 6th grade (at 6'1). When I was 20 I could touch the top of the square (above the rim), but I'm 6'8 & had a solid vertical & longer arms. Nowadays, I'm holding 335+, so I can barely dunk.
smiley9.gif
However, I'm working on cutting weight & hoping to get back down to 255-265 by next spring. I still have decent power/strength, but cruddy cardio & too much BF (probably 19-21%).
smiley6.gif

StarWars

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
I am 5'9 and can dunk a tennisball. I can't do a basketball though.

Haha me too. I'm 5'9" and can dunk anything but a basketball. I might grow more though. Mainly my hands are too small.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Bench: 100 lb bells for 24 reps. Leg sled: 18 45lb plates for 20 reps.
Shrugs: 90lb bells for 20 reps. Curls: 40lb bells for 12 reps. I'm trying to loose some fat (currently at 252 lbs), so doing more reps with less weight.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Bench: 100 lb bells for 24 reps. Leg sled: 18 45lb plates for 20 reps.
Shrugs: 90lb bells for 20 reps. Curls: 40lb bells for 12 reps. I'm trying to loose some fat (currently at 252 lbs), so doing more reps with less weight.

White noise doing less weight and more reps is not efficient for fatburning. In the morning when you wake up have a glass of orange juice or some carbohydrates and do cardio for half and hour. It always works.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Well I did do 25 minutes on the cycle today. This is something new to me in the cardio department, as I have been bulking for years. Now age, sore back and knees, along with excess adipose tissue around the belly have finally given me the incentive to get down around 225-230 lbs while retaining some muscle. The new diet is completely different from what I had been doing (think power lifting, eating everything.)

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Yes observer those numbers are correct. Just yesterday I placed nine 45lb plates on each side and knocked out 20 reps. This was after having worked my way up from 2 plates, to 4 plates to 6 plates, then 9 for twenty reps. So the total lifting numbers are far greater. No wonder my back is killing me right now. I told my wife that I am never going near that machine again. And this time I mean it!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Whitenoise while cutting down your weight you can actually maintain almost all your muscle.Keep protein in your body at all times. Try to eat a gram per pound of body weight. Also make sure to use whey right after a workout as it is a fast acting protein. Use milk or egg protein throughout the day as it gives you a 7 hour window of protein absorbtion. Don't try to lose more than 2 lbs a week or you will lose muscle mass for sure.1000 calorie a day deficit off maintenance is the correct way to do it.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Observer

Mentor
WHITE NOISE said:
Yes observer those numbers are correct. Just yesterday I placed nine 45lb plates on each side and knocked out 20 reps. This was after having worked my way up from 2 plates, to 4 plates to 6 plates, then 9 for twenty reps. So the total lifting numbers are far greater. No wonder my back is killing me right now. I told my wife that I am never going near that machine again. And this time I mean it!
Whew! So, what do you estimate you could do in a max squat if your back didn't hurt?
As I recall, you're in your mid-40's?

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Well Observer, I don't do squats due to having a disc blow out a long time ago. And now, I do not think I will do anymore leg presses either, cause I'm really hurting.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Whiteathlete, I'm doing several whey shakes throughout the day along with eating various other sources of protein such as: eggs, chicken, tuna.