Please explain.....

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
How does Nate Burleson get a 5 yr. $25 million contract for 63 catches, 812 yds, and 3 TD's. while Matt Jones 65, 761, and 2 TD's is unwanted and out of the game for a year????? And MAtt Jones much younger and faster?

From The Detroit News: Burleson agreed to terms with the Lions on a five-year, $25 million deal, including $11 million guaranteed, a league source confirmed.

Burleson had 63 catches for 812 yards and three touchdowns for the Seattle Seahawks last season, his highest output since a career-best season in 2004 for the Minnesota Vikings.

http://detnews.com/article/20100305/SPORTS0101/3050396#ixzz0hJwaYEha

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Burleson has had a poor career except for one good season back in 2004 when he went over 1,000 yards. I doubt he will ever go over 1,000 yards in a season again and now that he has this contract I expect him to play like Randy Moss(take plays off). I guess they see the black "superman" potential in the afflete.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Burleson's a great example of the NFL and the media and DWFs trying to will an average to below averagetalent to greatness. His average season over 7 years -- 37 catches and 507 yards. This is the second ridiculous contract he's gotten, similar to the one Seattle gave him a few years ago. But he's black and was drafted in the third round and eeked over 1,000 yards with 6 to spare six years ago -- so he can still be a superstar in their eyes.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Lions organization is made up of complete idiots. Every year they draft receivers that turn out to be busts. Anyone remember Charles Rogers? He was supposed to save the Lions and he ended his career with a whopping 36 catches! How about the 10th pick in the 2005 draft Mike Williams? He only ran a 4.56 at the combine but every team wanted him badly. 44 catches and out of the league. Now they are giving big money to another afflete who probably won't even catch 50 balls this season. I don't know whose worse the Lions or the Raiders who always pick the fastest player in the draft and he turns out to be a bust.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
...and Matt Jones can outjump afrolete "Burlescum". I chalk it up to pro-caste glorification & overhyping of sub-par "affletes".
smiley21.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great example. Just look how Mike Furrey was treating despite amazing talent. This type of thing should never suprise any of us because it is standard in the NFL. It is mostly based on stereotypes and hype. Even this year in preseason, Matt Jones had a great game before he was cut.