Please everyone say a prayer for me

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I know this isn't the place to really get into personal issues but I am going through a terrible time right now in my life. My grandmother is dying from cancer and only has a few weeks to live. I am in terrible pain right now. On top of that my brother just had open heart surgery and he is doing fine but that was a tough few weeks. I hope things get better soon.

Yeah man said a prayer for you. Hope your life will look up from this point on. Keep your head up and stay positive because you know there will be many great things that will happen in life to come, so don't despair!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We'll be praying for you, whiteathlete33.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thanks again everyone. My grandmother has Alzheimers. We moved her to Poland to a senior citizens home. We didn't know she had cancer until a few days ago. My brother just had his heart valve replaced. He had open heart surgery when he was born and now for a second time. I guess I will have to go to Poland very soon. I need to see my grandmother before she passes.

DWFan

Mentor
My great aunt, whom I live with, also has Alzheimers and I have an idea of what you're going through. Hang as tough as you can man.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I work some in a Alzheimers unit and so I see all the different stages of that horrible disease on a weekly basis. I just said a prayer for you and will keep you on my list. Keep in touch about this and I hope you are able to make the trip to Poland soon.

Bronk

Mentor
We will say prayers for you whiteathlete33. Having dealt with the death of my own parents (my mother just this past spring) from cancer I know this is a hard time.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Stay positive. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's always very difficult to lose someone you're close to. You have my sympathy.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
WA33, I'll say a prayer for your Grandma, Brother & family partner. God bless and hang in there.

Rebajlo

Mentor
whiteathlete33 - bardzo wspolczuje Panu i pana Rodzinie - jest Pan w moich myslach i modlitwie.I feel for You and Your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.I know that it sounds trite (and I know that it's exceedingly difficult), but try to stay strong for Your family. You all need each other.
Kindest Regards,
Rebajlo

To all board members - sorry about posting a bit of Polish in an English-language forum, but as whiteathlete33 appears to be of Polish/part-Polish ancestry I thought that he might appreciate it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Same from here. Prayers go out to you and your family. Try your best to see her while you can. Take care my friend.

GWTJ

Mentor
You and your loved ones are in my thoughts WA33, I hope only the best for you and your family.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thanks again everyone. Unfortunately my grandmother passed this morning at 5am. I received a call from my aunt in Poland. She told me her hands were swollen like balloons from the cancer. RIP grandma. I will always love you.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'm sorry to hear that partner. My condolences to you & your family.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33, I know how it is when a grandparent passes away from a long illness when your not there. Cancer has no hold on her now.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb