Pittsburgh chases more diversity!

j41181

Master
Don Wassall said:
Van_Slyke_CF said:
PhillyBirds said:
Caste Football: the only place where you can find two Pirates fans in the same place!
smiley36.gif
There are 3 of us on CF with Skipperron included. That's pretty amazing, huh?
smiley36.gif

Isn't that the definition of masochism?
smiley36.gif
It's masochism alright!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Skipperron

Guru
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Hey, don't make fun of us! We've been suffering since October 1992.
smiley19.gif

The Pittsburgh Pirates will have a winning record again someday.
smiley1.gif

Yeah with our two Indian players and our shortstop from South Africa.
smiley19.gif
smiley36.gif

LabMan

Mentor
Bucco's start 2 White players in Saturdays spring training game against the Phillies,regular season starting lineups will be interesting!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Don't worry about it, LabMan.

We'll probably see a good bit of Nyjer Morgan and Craig Monroe in the OF early in the season, but, otherwise, we'll have Nate McClouth, Eric Hinske and Brandon Moss there.

The IF should see mostly Ryan Doumit and Jason Jaramillo at C, Adam LaRoche at 1B, Freddy Sanchez at 2B, Jack Wilson at SS, and Andy LaRoche at 3B. The backups will be Ramon Vazquez and Luis Cruz(because I don't think Andy Phillips can make the team due to back problems).

The starting pitchers will be Paul Maholm, Ian Snell, Zach Duke, Ross Ohlendorf, and Jeff Karstens.

The relievers should be Matt Capps, John Grabow, Tyler Yates, Craig Hansen, Sean Burnett and a waiver wire pickup, or a trade or two. Last year's Rule V pick Evan Meek is a good option, but this year's choice, Donald Veal, will be put on waivers.

We'll probably only have three black players on the roster to start the season(Snell, Morgan, and Monroe) and Sanchez, Vazquez, and Cruz look like white Hispanics to me.

There's nothing we can do about the terrible situation in left field with Morgan and Monroe because the alternative in a few months' time is Andrew McCutchen.

Let's just try to enjoy our guys, LabMan. Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Skipperron

Guru
Andy Phillips actually returned from his injury but he will not make the team anyway. They admitted that Luis Cruz was pretty much penciled in before spring training.

So Bixler hit .340 with good defense, Phillips hit around .340 also and they both get sent down. Cruz hit under .200 and "wins" the job.

Also Morgan hits .200 and under all spring but "wins" the starting leftfield job.

Bootcheck looked very good in the pen but was sent down. Meek has been sick, but has pitched great and will probably be sent down. But Chavez has a 9.90 ERA and is more than likely going to make it.

I love it. What is the point of having competition?

Skipperron

Guru
Oh yeah. donnie Veal has walked 13 batters in 12 innings but will make the team also, at least at this point.

Oh well, the human run machine Denny Bautista finally got sent down.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Skipperron said:
Andy Phillips actually returned from his injury but he will not make the team anyway. They admitted that Luis Cruz was pretty much penciled in before spring training.

So Bixler hit .340 with good defense, Phillips hit around .340 also and they both get sent down. Cruz hit under .200 and "wins" the job.

Also Morgan hits .200 and under all spring but "wins" the starting leftfield job.

Bootcheck looked very good in the pen but was sent down. Meek has been sick, but has pitched great and will probably be sent down. But Chavez has a 9.90 ERA and is more than likely going to make it.

I love it. What is the point of having competition?

I've noticed that kind of subjective rationalizing alot. If a black player plays poorly and a white player plays well but they want to keep the black player then it doesn't matter what the stats are. If a white guy is trying to earn a job and the black guy has the higher stats then it's the black guy that "wins" the job. I can see this kind of thing for proven position players but for guys that are trying to earn a job it just isn't fair.

LabMan

Mentor
It becomes clearer every day by these spring training promotions,and other activities,that the eventual "face of the Pirates"will be non -White,just as the face of the Steelers is non-White,as the face of the Pitt Panthers is non-White,as the face of the police administration becomes non-White,as the face of the country,and eventually the whole world............!Well,you guys who are at this site know what I am trying to say.

What will this mean to future generations of our family members?

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
LabMan: The Pirates just decided to add Donald Veal-their Rule V draftee-to the 25-man roster, even though he had an atrocious spring training.

His addition, along with Craig Monroe's the other day, gives the Bucs four black players.

The only one who even remotely deserves to be on the team is Ian Snell, and he's a headcase who pitched terribly last season.

But you know the team will stick with Morgan, Monroe and Veal as long as possible in the name of racial diversity.

LabMan

Mentor
VanSlyke,Skip,and all on board,

A nice comeback victory for the bucs today,they had the Cardinals#last year,i will be behind them as long as they remain "White American Friendly",for the most part!

Skipperron

Guru
Out of four games against the Cards, we got three excellent starts by the three white starters. the only bad start was by Ian Snell. He really is a head case and I wonder if he ever will amount to anything. I think the Pirates should have traded him last year when the Mets wanted him, to make him a relief pitcher.

Skipperron

Guru
Morgan started off red hot but really is starting to fade now. One awsome catch and not much else in last two games. Monroe is 0 for 3 pinchhitting and will not do much more. He stinks. But supposedly they kept him simply because he was righthanded. Veal walked three hitters in one in and also gave up solo shot. He stinks also. But He was "just too good" to risk losing. They also claimed we had no one better, even though Bootcheck, Meek and a couple of others outpitched him in spring training.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
LabMan/Skipperron: We didn't need any diversity today as our Bucs put together a shutout win in the home opener, 7-0.

Zach Duke led the way with a tremendous pitching performance, which was fitting on a day to honor Steve Blass, the hero starting pitcher for the Pirates' 1971 World Championship team.

Let's Go Bucs!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great game today by Duke! I just signed him to my fantasy team yesterday and he already paid immediate dividends. Hopefully he will recapture some of the success he achieved in his rookie year.

The Pirates currently start many white athletes and it would be great if they could get over the 500 hump.

Also, Doumit is a beast and could become a premier hitting backstop on a nation level of recognition. Now it'd be nice to see Andy LaRoche show some signs of life.Edited by: Freethinker

Skipperron

Guru
Pirates trade two players to be named for another "player of color" Delwyn Young of the dodgers. Also, to clear a roster spot on the 40 man roster they get rid of white player, David Davidson.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
We have 5 blacks on the 25-man roster at present:

Ian Snell is a headcase as a starting pitcher, Donald Veal is a Rule V pick that can't pitch because he has no clue where the ball is going, but is being kept around for his "potential," Nyjer Morgan is going downhill at the plate and screws up the fundamentals in the field and on the basepaths, Craig Monroe flat-out sucks as he has the past three years, and Delwyn Young is a pinch-hitter that the team is considering more and more to be a valuable position player.
smiley5.gif

And so-called top prospect Pedro Alvarez is fat, can't play defense and is hitting around the Mendoza Line at A+, Jose Tabata-the guy with the crazy, middle-aged wife who kidnaps babies-is hurt again, and Andrew McCutchen is doing little at AAA again this year, but is still being touted as a major hope for the future.

All in the name of diversity!
smiley21.gif

Skipperron

Guru
And meanwhile Buster Posey, who I said we should get, has looked good and appears to be on a fast track up the minors. I had watched Alvarez play several times last year. He does have power but not as much as they think. And he is below average at third, with no range to his right and an average arm.

Skipperron

Guru
Oh yeah, the Pirates are in the lead in signing Miguel Angel Sano, a jet black 16-17 year old shortstop. another black foreign player to add to their list. How come every foreign player we sign is a very very black one?

LabMan

Mentor
The current Pirate catcher,Robinson Diaz makes all throws "sidearm",anyone who knows the game,also knows that all catchers are taught to bring the ball back,beside the ear,and throw the ball overhand,be it back to the pitcher,or to second base,this keeps the ball from sailing,and true to the reciever of the throw.Pirate manager John Russell was a catcher,this throwing motion has to drive him crazy,has he tried to change the situation?,is there something "special"about this catcher that prompts no one to challenge this major flaw?,how did he come through all levels of minor league play,and make it to the majors with a "sidewinder"delivery?

And yes,his throws do sail,the Pirates blew a game to Colorado in the last inning tonight,featuring an errant throw to first base from Diaz.

Skipperron

Guru
So I just get through watching Jack Wilson make a spectacular play at short (again) and go 4 for 4 only to hear that once more the Pirates are discussing trading him. And this time for a horrible defensive shortstop and so so hitter from Seattle. Betancourt. But of course. guess what color he is. and what nationality. It gets harder and harder to watch.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I'm not happy about it either, Skipperron. We need to keep Jack and Freddy as our SS/2B combo through 2010-at the least. We have some promising prospects in the lower minors, but it will be a couple of years before we know who can take over up the middle.

On a positive note, we have now picked up 5 pitchers in less than a year from the Yankees that have and will help us to varying degrees: Ross Ohlendorf, Jeff Karstens, Daniel McCutchen, Eric Hacker, and Steven Jackson.

On the negative side, the MSM keeps trumpeting oft-injured former Yankees' prospect Jose Tabata-the one with the lunatic, baby-kidnapping wife-as one of our super-duper OFs of the future. Crazy....

I'm looking forward to the draft next month. I don't think there will be any mistakes at the #4 overall pick like we had with Pedro Alvarez last season.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Lance Alworth said:
I have no problem with a ban on drinking and smoking. Alcohol and tobacco are elements used against us by the new world order in order to make us weak both physically and spiritually. If they elminated it from society altogther it would be a good thing because it one be one less thing that the powers that be would be able to use against us in order to keep us subservient to them in the form of addictive drugs

A government strong enough to control what adults voluntarily chose to put into their bodies is a government strong enough to choose what goes into their minds. A truly FREE society has no say over the individual in matters of personal habits. A "new world order" is a government that can ban booze, cigarettes, pot, pro-white literature and honest discussion of the holocaust.

The founding fathers loved their booze and tobacco, they almost went to war over a whiskey tax. Those were the free-est men who ever lived. Neither weak spiritually or physically. Look elsewhere for comfort instead of in the power of a nanny state.

Skipperron

Guru
Van_Slyke_CF said:
I'm not happy about it either, Skipperron. We need to keep Jack and Freddy as our SS/2B combo through 2010-at the least. We have some promising prospects in the lower minors, but it will be a couple of years before we know who can take over up the middle.

On a positive note, we have now picked up 5 pitchers in less than a year from the Yankees that have and will help us to varying degrees: Ross Ohlendorf, Jeff Karstens, Daniel McCutchen, Eric Hacker, and Steven Jackson.

On the negative side, the MSM keeps trumpeting oft-injured former Yankees' prospect Jose Tabata-the one with the lunatic, baby-kidnapping wife-as one of our super-duper OFs of the future. Crazy....

I'm looking forward to the draft next month. I don't think there will be any mistakes at the #4 overall pick like we had with Pedro Alvarez last season.

Steven Jackson is the best of the lot. He was listed as the 29th rated prospect in the Yankee sysstem and has the best chance to pitch in majors. Corseletti actually is hitting so who knows. Hacker is getting a start at Indy tomorrow or tonight. And of course you know about the others. Ohlendorf is really really good. Pitches like a 10 year veteran.

Skipperron

Guru
I am in shock and as close as I ever have been to hating the Pirates. They have traded Nate McLouth today to Atlanta for Gorkys Freakin Hernandez, Charlie Morton and Jeff Locke. They claimed it was such an overwhelming deal they could not refuse.

They are already touting Morgan, McCutchen and Hernandez (or Tabata) in the outfield. So I guess even Brandon Moss will be pushed aside. This team gets blacker and blacker and we lose one more great young white player. Bay, Nady and now McLouth. And of course Jack Wilson is still be talked about going to Boston or Kansas City and probably Freddy Sanchez and John Grabow. Notice anything there? Uh like all White players!

I am so ticked off. Un real.