Philadelphia Eagles General Thread

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

NikoDuke

Mentor
HOF Center Drafted in the 6th round, after countless sumos. Maybe change the way they evaluate OL?!
Oh they will. Going forward more Kelce like Omen will go undrafted..
On field performance will not change the Caste system..

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
HOF Center Drafted in the 6th round, after countless sumos. Maybe change the way they evaluate OL?!
Most of the centers in the league are already white, it's usually the strongest part of the offensive line. You can have short arms, boring feet and be "underweight" and be a center. The dirty little secret is that the center actually has to have a decent IQ as they are the signal-callers for the the O-line.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Of course fellas. I doubt anyone would pass on him in 1st round if they re drafted. But he’s just an outlier.

jphoss

Mentor
Most of the centers in the league are already white, it's usually the strongest part of the offensive line. You can have short arms, boring feet and be "underweight" and be a center. The dirty little secret is that the center actually has to have a decent IQ as they are the signal-callers for the the O-line.
I believe centers had the second highest wonderlic scores lol

wile

Master

Speaking of a Kelce, I subscribe to this channel about cattle and grazing operations and lo and behold Kelce attended the man's grazing school. It's about a 4 minute video with some good words about Jason. And IMO worth what you pay for it of course Greg has the best herd of cattle in the country I mention that if any of you need a good bull for your own herd.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

Speaking of a Kelce, I subscribe to this channel about cattle and grazing operations and lo and behold Kelce attended the man's grazing school. It's about a 4 minute video with some good words about Jason. And IMO worth what you pay for it of course Greg has the best herd of cattle in the country I mention that if any of you need a good bull for your own herd.
i’ve attended this grazing school. twice! Greg Judy is the real deal in the regenerative farming movement that is healing the land while allowing the farmer to make a profit.

wile

Master
I'm all hat and no cattle I lease out my little slice of paradise I follow the biz like Greg and other so I don't get BSed and if I do I know when to cut bait like I had to do last year because the kid was a serious BS artist that I might not have caught without some knowledge. But damn those bulls he has up the first 3 or so in the video were spectacular.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tough blow for the Eagles. Their o-line was a huge part of the success in recent years of an otherwise strongly Caste team, so Kelce's retirement will make the '24 season that much more interesting given their collapse the second half of '23:

Jason Kelce retired from the NFL after 13 seasons
Kelce spent all 13 seasons with the Eagles and became one of the most beloved figures in Philadelphia sports history during that time. The seven-time Pro Bowler and six-time All-Pro has mulled retirement for the last several years but is finally ready to hang it up. Widely regarded as one of the best centers in NFL history, Kelce anchored the Eagles’ offensive line for the 2017 season when the team won their first Super Bowl in league history and played in 193 of a possible 211 regular season games during his career, last missing a game in 2014. A true iron man of the sport, Kelce will almost certainly find himself in the Hall of Fame in the coming years.

jphoss

Mentor
Tough blow for the Eagles. Their o-line was a huge part of the success in recent years of an otherwise strongly Caste team, so Kelce's retirement will make the '24 season that much more interesting given their collapse the second half of '23:

Jason Kelce retired from the NFL after 13 seasons
Kelce spent all 13 seasons with the Eagles and became one of the most beloved figures in Philadelphia sports history during that time. The seven-time Pro Bowler and six-time All-Pro has mulled retirement for the last several years but is finally ready to hang it up. Widely regarded as one of the best centers in NFL history, Kelce anchored the Eagles’ offensive line for the 2017 season when the team won their first Super Bowl in league history and played in 193 of a possible 211 regular season games during his career, last missing a game in 2014. A true iron man of the sport, Kelce will almost certainly find himself in the Hall of Fame in the coming years.
I watched that Kelce documentary on amazon and it was well done. Watch really struck me, looking through the lens of the caste system is how overlooked of a recruit he was in high school. he was a walk on at Cincinnati, and originally played defense! It wasn’t until Brian Kelly (lol) got there and switched him to center. And of course his success at center allowed for his younger brother to get recruited to Cincinnati. Imagine if he never even made the team as a walk on or was moved to center! We wouldn’t have seen arguably the greatest center and tight end to ever play. Now imagine how many overlooked white players who have the potential to be great don’t get even the slimmest of opportunities to play at the highest levels. How many of our guys this has happened to is heartbreaking and infuriating

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I watched that Kelce documentary on amazon and it was well done. Watch really struck me, looking through the lens of the caste system is how overlooked of a recruit he was in high school. he was a walk on at Cincinnati, and originally played defense! It wasn’t until Brian Kelly (lol) got there and switched him to center. And of course his success at center allowed for his younger brother to get recruited to Cincinnati. Imagine if he never even made the team as a walk on or was moved to center! We wouldn’t have seen arguably the greatest center and tight end to ever play. Now imagine how many overlooked white players who have the potential to be great don’t get even the slimmest of opportunities to play at the highest levels. How many of our guys this has happened to is heartbreaking and infuriating
Excellent post. I didn’t know that story. So many elite White athletes have similar stories where they needed some improbable break. Meanwhile black athletes get chance after chance after chance….

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don't be surprised if this signing sends Reed Blankenship to the bench. 3 years $33 million. Not predicting it, only saying don't be surprised if it happens because anything can and does happen in the Caste NFL.

jphoss

Mentor
I know he plays a lot of slot corner too so hopefully that’s where he gets the majority of the snaps.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
113 tackles, gets a 1yr extension. Yeah the White Man’s discount is a real thing.
Blankenship missed two games because of injury (one after he was speared in the chest) and still put up these stats:

Starting 15 games, Blankenship recorded a team-best 108 total tackles, 75 of them solo hits. He was credited with 11 passes defensed, three interceptions, and one fumble recovery, becoming one of only five NFL players last season to have 105-plus tackles, 3-plus interceptions and 10-plus passes defensed.
He should have been signed to a longer, more lucrative deal. Maybe he'll be able to do that after the '25 season, he shouldn't keep signing cheap deals out of misplaced loyalty to the Eagles.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Definitely frustrating. Hope he stays healthy and dominates again. And ya, get the hell out of Philly and a get a payday!