Nick Goings

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree with Rocky. It's not even close in my opinion but he was a descent rb that never was used like he should have been.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Reading through this thread it's a little sad how desperate people are that they'll put the "white" label on a guy who's clearly not white and I'm willing to bet money doesn't self-identify as white. Nothing personal against Nick Goings, and this isn't our fault, it's the Caste System's fault, but come on.

Thank God we have C-Mac now.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Reading through this thread it's a little sad how desperate people are that they'll put the "white" label on a guy who's clearly not white and I'm willing to bet money doesn't self-identify as white. Nothing personal against Nick Goings, and this isn't our fault, it's the Caste System's fault, but come on.

Thank God we have C-Mac now.
I think when he was interviewed by reporters about being the first "White starting running back" since...(probably Vardell?), he stated he was some PC term like mixed so I don't think he regards himself as White but some media people still referred to him as White(more lazy reporting than anything else).

Warhawk_46

Master
He is mixed sure as I read he has a partially black grandfather (not sure which side).

My comment was more along the lines of he was treated like someone white, ie: pressed into action like Peyton Hillis was a few years later. Goings did quite well and then when the “real” running backs were healthy he was back to the bench. Same thing happened to Brad Hoover when he was briefly pressed into action for a game or two - did awesome and then to the bench.

Goings received similar treatment to what white backs will receive. Take Burkhead - was the lone bright spot for Houston the second half of last season and all I read about is how the Texans need to find a “real” running back. Hell, Cincinnati did the same thing to Rex after his huge game... wouldn’t consider him as the future back but when with Giovanni Bernard who pretty much has been a bust.