Nick Foles

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
They think what they're told to think.
Spot on. Foles is one of the more egregious examples. Even last season when DWFs (prodded by the media) say Foles was "bad", he really wasn't. He played injured, behind a decimated offensive line, and still won.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Nick Foles had one of the greatest seasons a player has ever had in 2013. That season should be celebrated and remembered by fans everywhere.

If he was black it would be. Foles is white, however, so all the mainstream media does is question and put him down.

No matter what, however, Foles had a great season in 2013. The anti-whites can't take that away from him, as much as they'd like to.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I'm interested to see how Nick Foles does this season.

I think he'll prove his critics wrong.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
And here's yet another attack on Nick Foles, this time saying he's not mentally tough enough.

Was Nick Foles A Bad Fit For Philly? - Birds 24/7

Foles has been under attack since he's entered the league. Even his record setting 2013 season is denigrated.

Foles is a tall, blond, white Christian from a wealthy family, everything the anti-whites hate. That's why they keep attacking him.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Nick Foles signed a two year contract extension with the Rams. The extension is worth 24.5 million over two years.

This is a solid move by the Rams.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's an example of the mainstream media's agenda to "get" white quarterbacks.

After Foles's record setting 2013 season the media was suggesting he was a one year wonder after only two games into the 2014 season. Only two games!

Is Nick Foles A One-Hit Wonder? | Football Insiders | NFL ...

The mainstream media definitely has an anti-white agenda.

L

Lew

Here's an example of the mainstream media's agenda to "get" white quarterbacks.

After Foles's record setting 2013 season the media was suggesting he was a one year wonder after only two games into the 2014 season. Only two games!

Is Nick Foles A One-Hit Wonder? | Football Insiders | NFL ...

The mainstream media definitely has an anti-white agenda.

Would anyone dare suggest that Robert Griffin was just a one year wonder ? No they wouldn't. When the media and the DWF refer to his rookie season it's who he really is as a player. It's just injuries and Shanahan, and Gruden who are responsible for his decline. If he's healthy(which he actually has been btw) and he's got a coach who believes in him then he could easily go back to having that amazing season he had in 2012 :kev:

And that 2012 season was the most over hyped season ever. He threw for 20 touchdowns and 3200 yards with just 5 interceptions, which is pretty good for a rookie but he threw 8 of those touchdowns in back to back games against Dallas and the NY Giants. Both of those teams had bottom ranked pass defenses that year. Now if you take out those 2 games he averaged less than 1 passing touchdown a game. Based on those numbers he would have thrown only 13 touchdowns over the course of a 16 game season.

Nick Foles only played in 11 full games in 2013 and managed to throw for 27 touchdowns to only 2 interceptions and led his team to a 9-2 record. Now Nick Foles did have a game in which he threw for 7 touchdowns in only 3 quarters, and that did inflate his stats a bit but if you take that game out and just average out the rest of his stats he would have still thrown for 28 touchdowns to just 3 interceptions over 16 games. Whose season was the real fluke ?

The media and the DWF like to mention how Nick Foles fell down to earth in 2014 but he was playing behind a very banged up O-line and LeSean McCoy didn't play like he did the year before either. Foles put up average stats but he led the Eagles to a 6-2 record before getting injured. And btw they were 2 goal line drives away from being 8-0. Then Sanchez replaces Foles and a team that was 6-2 with Foles ends up messing the playoffs.

I still can't believe that Foles got traded. I think he's incredible.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Nick Foles had one of his best games ever against Seattle in the 2015 season opener. The Seahawks are supposed to have one of the best defenses ever and Foles torched them, leading the Rams to a 34-31 upset win.

All in all Foles went 18 out of 27 for a 67% completion percentage, 297 yards, 1 TD and a 115.8 passer rating.

An outstanding game.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Rams vs Redskins today.

I'm looking for a big games from Foles against the Redskins defense.

There's a good quarterback matchup between Foles and Kirk Cousins. They were involved in a high yardage shootout last year when Foles was with the Eagles.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Except for one bad game against GB, Nick Foles has been solid this year.

He's had only one interception in six games, not counting the GB game. In the Green Bay game he had four but his head coach said only two of them were his fault.

The Rams are 4-3 and have beaten division rival Seattle once already under Foles.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I think Nick Foles is a good starting quarterback. Yet he isn't doing particularly well statistically this season and the Rams are 4-4.

There are a couple of reasons for this.

First, he is obviously playing a game manager role this season. Clearly his main goal has been not to turn the ball over. This he has done fairly well.

He had one bad game against the Packers in which he had four interception. However his head coach said only two of them were his fault. In the other seven games he's had only one interception, which is excellent.

The second reason is that Foles has little help from his teammates on the offensive side of the ball. Other than him there's only one good player on the Rams offense - Todd Gurley. Everyone else ranges from bad to mediocre.

There's only so much one player can do to overcome the lack of talent of his teammates. Foles is doing reasonably well given the situation.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Hey guys, I'd like to hear everyone's opinion of Nick Foles, whether it's pro or con.

Myself, I think he's a good player.

So, Caste Footballers, what do you think of Nick Foles?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys, I'd like to hear everyone's opinion of Nick Foles, whether it's pro or con.

I think he is a good player too. The problem is that they don't have alot of elite talent at the receivers position around him. He put up really good numbers in Philly. One possible bit of good news is that they worked out Wes Welker today. I would love to see Welker help the Rams win some games. At 34 he should have a few years left if he can avoid any more concussions.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Other than him there's only one good player on the Rams offense - Todd Gurley. Everyone else ranges from bad to mediocre.

One possible bit of good news is that they worked out Wes Welker today. I would love to see Welker help the Rams win some games. At 34 he should have a few years left if he can avoid any more concussions.

The Rams ended up signing Welker.

Foles now has two good players playing with him on offense.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Huge Foles fan here. I have said on more than one occasion I think the Eagles made a huge mistake. The addition of Welker should really help.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's an interesting article about Foles. In it, it says he is one of the best passers in the leagues when passing off of play action and one of the worst without it.

What's Wrong With The 2015 St. Louis Rams On Third Down ...
UrlAdvisorGoodImage.png

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've never been a Foles fan. There are so many talented White QBs and Foles is average at best imo.

Matt Barkley has been royally screwed by the NFL and by the Eagles and Chip Kelly in particular. There's no question in my mind that he could run the Eagles offense better than number one overall pick Sam Bradford has. Barkley himself was projected as the number one overall pick after his junior season, but an injury in his senior year combined with bad offensive talent around him at USC somehow made him unworthy of a genuine opportunity in the NFL.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I've never been a Foles fan. There are so many talented White QBs and Foles is average at best imo.

Matt Barkley has been royally screwed by the NFL and by the Eagles and Chip Kelly in particular. There's no question in my mind that he could run the Eagles offense better than number one overall pick Sam Bradford has. Barkley himself was projected as the number one overall pick after his junior season, but an injury in his senior year combined with bad offensive talent around him at USC somehow made him unworthy of a genuine opportunity in the NFL.

I don't agree about Foles. I think he's a good starting quarterback who's surrounded by bad talent in St. Louis. With more familiarity with the system and the addition of Wes Welker I think Foles will play better the second half of this season.

I agree about Barkley. I thought he was the best quarterback coming out in the 2013 draft. I was surprised he lasted until the fourth round.

Maybe I shouldn't have been, after all, he's a white pocket passer and the mainstream media keeps insinuating that white pocket passers can't play.

Much was made about Barkley's arm strength but it didn't seem that bad to me from the video I saw of him at USC. The mainstream media made it sound as if he could barely throw the football 5 yards.

I'd certainly rather have Barkley on my team than EJ Manuel, who was the first quarterback taken in the 2013 draft.

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Nick Foles has been written off by a lot of people but I think he has a chance to develop into a long term franchise quarterback. Sometimes it takes time.

Eli Manning is a franchise quarterback who's won two Super Bowls. Here's his statistics from his 4th year in the league. 56.1 completion percentage, 23 to 20 TD to INT ratio and a 73.9 passer rating.

Here's what Nick Foles's statistics will be at the end of the season if he keeps at his current pace. 58.2 completion percentage, 14 to 10 TD to INT ratio and a 79.7 passer rating.

So we see that in Foles's fourth year he would have a higher completion percentage, half the interceptions and a higher passer rating than Manning, although he would have fewer TDs.

So we see that a good quarterback such as Eli Manning was still developing in his fourth year.

It might be the same for Foles. There's still hope for Nick Foles!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I really like Foles as well. It will be interesting to see if the addition of Welker helps him out. The Rams have a very average mediocre group and no real reliable tight end.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer

Well, so far we have a few guys with positive opinions of Foles and one guy with a negative opinion.

I can see both sides of the argument. I still like Foles, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

So, anyone else want to weigh in? Let's get a discussion going.

icsept

Master
What's not to like about Nick Foles? He has great size, is a good athlete (former basketball star), and is very competitive. He had an amazing season two years ago with the Eagles. Last year he was hurt. Now, he's with a new team in a run-oriented system. He's still been effective and I expect him to develop into a top 1/3 of the league caliber QB.

I still like Foles, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.. anyone else want to weigh in?..

EP, I also like Foles. But so far his numbers have been relatively paltry this season (only 7 passing TDs as of mid-season). I view them in this context tho: St Louis is a tough, physical running team right now. They are 4th in the league in rushing yards, & close to the bottom in total points per game (less than 20 a game). Their offense isn't airing it out by design, Foles' numbers are reflecting that. But I don't believe that design was created bcuz they doubt Foles' skill set (?)
To me, Foles' 27 TD-2 INT season will always remain a demonstration of his potential. It's just a matter of getting a friendly offense/system. And I'm looking forward to seeing how Welker could help Foles and the Rams moving forward.