NFL Week 11

dwid

Hall of Famer
Jake Locker looks like he will be "untouchable". He didn't lose that game, the time just ran out. If he had been starting the entire game they would have had a better shot, or if Chris Johnson didn't need a wide gaping hole to get yards. I don't think Chris Johnson is the back everyone thought he was, top 3. He isn't up there with the best imo.

I mean some of those throws were incredible. It didn't look like there was any transition between college and the pro game for him, he picked up where he left off. His speed is incredible, and he was like a true mobile qb, one that kept looking to complete a pass going through his receivers before deciding to take off.

I'm hoping Riley Cooper can have a huge game today. If he does we can say there are 5 outside receivers in the NFL, Nelson, Decker, Hartline, Walter and Cooper.

foobar75

Master
Is it me or does Al Michaels not like Uncle Chris very much? It seems like a very forced partnership, unlike Michaels and Madden if I remember correctly. Anyway, I really hope Cooper has a decent game, even with AHDIW starting and all.

Irn Bru

Great story with Mark Herzlich starting tonight for the Giants. As someone who watched most his games last year, I could tell he wasn't close 100%, I see him having a long productive career in the NFL.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
desean jackson (or is it jackass?) just cost his team about 40 yards on a STUPID taunting penalty. wow. dare i say, TNB?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
desean jackson (or is it jackass?) just cost his team about 40 yards on a STUPID taunting penalty. wow. dare i say, TNB?

Big time TNB, JC. Stupid, stupid blackie.

northwinds

Mentor
Vince Young is horrible......Riley Cooper had his man beat in the endzone and Young throws the pick.....:icon_mad:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riley Cooper has been the main target for Young so far with 12. Jake Ballard has been Eli's second favorite target so far with 7.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Once again the Caste System at its finest. Chrissy Collinsworth complimenting Vince Young, "saying his stats weren't that good, but just made the clutch plays" "and you just can't say enough about him."

Would be nice if TT would get those kinds of compliments?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Giants just stunk it up tonight. The Eagles didn't play that great. There were tons of stupid mistakes by both teams, just more evidence of how far the "professional" game has fallen.

Carolina Speed, it would be great if Tim Tebow could at least get the benefit of the doubt by a few announcers, but he is usually treated with suspicion and contempt, much like a convicted sex offender.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Giants just stunk it up tonight. The Eagles didn't play that great. There were tons of stupid mistakes by both teams, just more evidence of how far the "professional" game has fallen.

Carolina Speed, it would be great if Tim Tebow could at least get the benefit of the doubt by a few announcers, but he is usually treated with suspicion and contempt, much like a convicted sex offender.

Colonel, do you think the NFL will learn from the NBA's mistakes? Or is it too late?

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Cam Newton has 12tds and 14ints. So now the media has moved on to Andy Dalton. Personally I don't think either guy will ever be
on the level of Manning, Brady , and Rodgers.

Last edited:

Woody

Guru
Is it me or does Al Michaels not like Uncle Chris very much? It seems like a very forced partnership, unlike Michaels and Madden if I remember correctly. Anyway, I really hope Cooper has a decent game, even with AHDIW starting and all.

Foobar I've noticed the same thing. Last year when the red-hot Eagles came into Minnesota to play the woeful Vikings and lost, Chrissy said, "...and you could almost see this coming, I mean..."
Al Michaels promptly and unabashedly called him out on his BS and egotism, and since I have more aware of some friction between them. This has probably been the case for a while, but I have looked for it since then.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Collinsworth is such a blabbering motormouth. After every single play he has to drone on and on about what just happened, almost until the ball is snapped for the next play. I'm no fan of Al Michaels, but I can understand it if he finds Crissie to be a grating presence in the booth. Sometimes Crissie's on target, a lot of times he isn't. And of course he loves to scapegoat White players whenever possible.

I noticed, per usual when it comes to White receivers, that nothing was said about Riley Cooper during the game other than that he had no catches on the season, neither early on when he was being targeted a lot, nor later when he was making catches including the game winner. Nothing about his college background -- went to the same school as Crissie, was Tim Tebow's favorite target, had a huge senior year -- and nothing about when he was drafted or his physical attributes -- tall, fast, very athletic, could have been a pro baseball player. There was no interest at all in giving viewers some background on this rare White receiver who was starting outside and who performed quite well, in stark contrast to all the minutiae we would be fed if it was a black quarterback starting for the first time.

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
Riley Cooper with a solid outing tonight, 5/75 and the game winning TD. It's a shame he's been caught in the wrong end of the Eagles WR depth chart. In a fair world, Cooper is a starting #2 receiver along with Jackson, with Maclin playing the slot and Avant as the #4. He could have similar stats to Jordy if he'd been allowed to start from the beginning. Here's hoping for a big night from our guys in NE tomorrow to cap off another solid week.

Mighty Joe2

It was good to see Cooper get the winning TD.i thought his career could be under threat with the Eagles but he's shown what he can do and the potential he has.Nelson is unplayable and has DBs outmatched.They cant make excuses,he's too good for them.Herzlich got playing time at MLB apparently replacing fellow rookie Greg Jones and played well almost getting the INT.Hopefully he becomes starter in the middle.