NFL 2013-14 Playoff thread

PamelaOC

Banned
I wonder if Barney *** thinks Tom Brady is hot.

Matra2

Master
Sports talk radio DWFs have created a narrative that Peyton Manning isn't one of the all-time greats until he gets a second ring. It's as if Peyton is to blame for all those worthless Colt defenses in the last decade.

Fortitud3

Guru
Julius Thomas gets contacted within 5 yards and then keeps running into the DB and Simms won't quit whining about it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I really hate seeing two great white warriors going against each other but I'm still pulling for New England. Brady needs this one bad. Come on Pats. Let's get some points.

TwentyTwo

Master
Decker nice start in 1st qtr...Welker with the reception

Edelman knocks Rogers-Cromartie out of the game with great block after the two scrapped earlier...Welker then sends Talib to the bench/locker room with a sweet block!

Brady missed Edelman earlier on a long pass that could have been a TD.

Upside

Mentor
Announcers won't shut the hell up about Jamie Collins making routine plays, meanwhile Dane Fletcher makes two straight tackles at the line of scrimmage, and doesn't even get mentioned....

foobar75

Master
Denver looks pretty white to the untrained eye. Manning has such a presence that I'd bet virtually no one notices the make-up of the OL. With Decker and Welker getting plenty of targets and now Tamme with the TD, this is not the same as a typical BAL or PIT squad so we can't just blindly go by the counts.

Upside

Mentor
Denver looks pretty white to the untrained eye. Manning has such a presence that I'd bet virtually no one notices the make-up of the OL. With Decker and Welker getting plenty of targets and now Tamme with the TD, this is not the same as a typical BAL or PIT squad so we can't just blindly go by the counts.

True, I just wish Bradley and Wolfe were still out there...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Brady seemed off with his throws in the first half. The dbs are allowed to be physical with the receivers but Decker is physical back and gets called for PI.

Decker with a bigger catch to make up for it afterward. NE is not running the ball well. The powerback Blount has 5 carries for 6 yards.

foobar75

Master
Hey, where's everybody today? Did you all go to Seattle to watch the dream game in person or something? :tongue:

Denver is rolling now, but never count Brady out until the end. They need to get it together here and get a TD on their next drive.

woody39

Mentor
If the Pat's don't score here, don't see them coming back, just not playing well enough! Brady has missed two deep throws that could of made the difference!! Brady needs to pull his finger out and get firing to Edelman and Amendola

Collie great catch.... come on boys

dwid

Hall of Famer
Hey, where's everybody today? Did you all go to Seattle to watch the dream game in person or something? :tongue:
same thing I was wondering. 5 White receivers, AMendola doesn't have a catch, Brady just missed him but Collie has 1 catch, Mulligan 1 catch and Edelman with 4. Decker with 5 catches. 73 yards and Welker with 3 catches.

Amendola just dropped one :(

dwid

Hall of Famer
If the Pat's don't score here, don't see them coming back, just not playing well enough! Brady has missed two deep throws that could of made the difference!! Brady needs to pull his finger out and get firing to Edelman and Amendola

Collie great catch.... come on boys

The Pats overcame a 24 point deficit this season to beat the Broncos in overtime. They didn't put points on the board until the 3rd quarter. And they had that ridiculous comeback in another game

foobar75

Master
That 4th down was big. Manning has been superb today, if they get another TD on this drive, game would pretty much be over. NE needs a stop here.

woody39

Mentor
The Pats overcame a 24 point deficit this season to beat the Broncos in overtime. They didn't put points on the board until the 3rd quarter. And they had that ridiculous comeback in another game

Trying to stay positive but it isn't going well!

Upside

Mentor
looks like the commentators are setting the table to pin this one on New Englands receivers.... Go figure...

Upside

Mentor
Edelman with the TD!! Then Simms has to explain that it was because Denver 'forgot to cover him'... Thanks Phil...

woody39

Mentor
Patriots defensive front 7 has been awful too no pressure on Manning at all, too easy for Manning one of the best qbs ever with that much time.

Edelman touchdown probably too little too late.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
To me this was a win-win game. Really happy for Peyton Manning and his opportunity to win a second Super Bowl.