New York Giants General Thread

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's hard for me to close the book on Daniel Jones yet. Garrett was a terrible play caller and Gettleman has done a terrible job as GM to put in talent around him. As Don mentioned the offensive line play is awful.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gettleman retires (I’m sure it was a retire or get fired type of decision). He put together one of the worst rosters in the league and did Daniel Jones no favors.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Daboll having his second interview with the Giants. Not saying Daniel Jones is Josh Allen but they are similar QBs. It would be nice if the new regime decides to give Jones a clean slate. He would excel in the Daboll offense.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sounds like the Giants are committed to building around Daniel Jones. Hoping that Daboll become the head coach as I think his offense would fit Jones skill set.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just give Jones adequate time to throw (or run) and he'll thrive. What a novel concept for the Giants organization to contemplate.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just give Jones adequate time to throw (or run) and he'll thrive. What a novel concept for the Giants organization to contemplate.

The line and skill position players need to be addressed. A ton of talented White TEs this year. Get engram out of there. He’s a bum.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Daboll officially named the new Giants coach. Hopefully ownership was not just giving Daniel Jones lip service and intends to let him develop correctly. Too often our guys get put into poor situations and can never recover.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Daboll officially named the new Giants coach. Hopefully ownership was not just giving Daniel Jones lip service and intends to let him develop correctly. Too often our guys get put into poor situations and can never recover.
I’m cautiously hopeful that Schoen and Daboll can Whiten up the Giants, following a similar blueprint that the Bills did. No doubt winning will follow if they do.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Flying under the radar and already making a favorable impression:

ESPN's Jordan Raanan named TE Daniel Bellinger as his offseason standout for the Giants.
"It seems likely, given his hands and the way he was moving at OTAs and minicamp, he was underutilized at San Diego State," Raanan writes. Bellinger appears to have a real chance to open as the Giants starting tight end as a rookie, with only veterans like Ricky Seals-Jones -- who has been hurt -- as real competition. That doesn't make him a real threat for TE1 right away given how deep the Giants are at wideout, but it does make him an interesting dynasty pick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I believe espn had a couple of announcers drooling over saquon’s thigh size not long ago in a bizarre homo-erotic kinda way.

unfortunately I guess thigh size isn’t as important as running style?

:risas3:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I believe espn had a couple of announcers drooling over saquon’s thigh size not long ago in a bizarre homo-erotic kinda way.

unfortunately I guess thigh size isn’t as important as running style?

:risas3:

They've moved on to admiring AJ Dillon's thighs of the Packers now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Martinez is the most reliable tackling machine in the league:

Martinez (knee) was an active participant during the Giants' 11-on-11 sessions Thursday's fully-padded practice, Dan Duggan of The Athletic reports. Analysis: Martinez wore a red non-contact jersey during New York's voluntary OTAs in May, but he appears to be back in full after suffering a season-ending torn ACL in late September of 2021. Big Blue seems to be taking his return slowly, however, as the seventh-year linebacker did split snaps with rookie Darrian Beavers throughout Thursday's 11-on-11 sessions. Martinez collected a team-leading 151 tackles during his first season with the Giants in 2020, and he should step back into a starting role under the team's new defensive coordinator Don Martindale.

El Gringo

Mentor
The “thick thigh” gets a laugh out of me every time. Who on the site was the first to notice that?? Most of these reporters have to be closest sodomites.

TwentyTwo

Master
"International Pathway" RB Sandro Platzgrummer (Austria) had a nice 15 yard run on his first carry; ended w 21 yards rushing on 3 carries toward end of the game to put NY Giants inside FG range to win as the clock went to Zero. Hope they could keep him on at least the Practice Squad. If he gets the call up then who knows! He has the burst of a quick twitch athlete.

Other white RB's that come to mind for the Giants ...Kieth Elias & Sean Bennett? Yeah it's been a while. Of course Peyton Hillis played some a couple years at the end of his career.

1st year player /undrafted WR Alex Bachman(Wake Forest) had a couple of catches for 17 yards

Sean89

Mentor
The opinion out there is the battle for third RB spot is between the other three RBs.

Madness! This man played well last preseason and showed again he can play.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
"International Pathway" RB Sandro Platzgrummer (Austria) had a nice 15 yard run on his first carry; ended w 21 yards rushing on 3 carries toward end of the game to put NY Giants inside FG range to win as the clock went to Zero. Hope they could keep him on at least the Practice Squad. If he gets the call up then who knows! He has the burst of a quick twitch athlete.

Other white RB's that come to mind for the Giants ...Kieth Elias & Sean Bennett? Yeah it's been a while. Of course Peyton Hillis played some a couple years at the end of his career.

1st year player /undrafted WR Alex Bachman(Wake Forest) had a couple of catches for 17 yards
“International Pathway” is BS, if you’re a White athlete. The Giants have no intention of giving Sandro any sort of serious consideration. He’s just there to be a practice body, who I’m pretty sure, doesn’t count against the total roster count. Even if he had a Danny Woodhead type of preseason, and lead in rushing, I bet that wouldn’t be enough.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Possible good news for the usage of David Sills. Sills and Justin Watson are two White receivers I'm hoping can break through the Caste System this season even though both play on long-time orthodox Caste organizations:

Sterling Shepard (Achilles) was limited in Thursday's practice.​

That's back-to-back limited tags for the receiver, who already declared himself good to go on Tuesday. It sounds likely that he'll pass the Giants in-house tests and play against the Titans in Week 1. It remains to be seen just how healthy he'll be and how many targets he'll get in Brian Daboll's new-look offense.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Possible good news for the usage of David Sills. Sills and Justin Watson are two White receivers I'm hoping can break through the Caste System this season even though both play on long-time orthodox Caste organizations:

That's back-to-back limited tags for the receiver, who already declared himself good to go on Tuesday. It sounds likely that he'll pass the Giants in-house tests and play against the Titans in Week 1. It remains to be seen just how healthy he'll be and how many targets he'll get in Brian Daboll's new-look offense.

This is very good news. It just sucks that so many of our talented guys go through racial apprenticeships before they get a chance to shine.
Alec Pierce is one of the few along with maybe Renfro and couple of others. Most of our guys don't play a lot until their mid 20's it
seems, if they play at all and most never do. Even the great Wes Welker went through that and was shopped around like he didn't have talent. No respect for a legend until
he got to the Pats.

David Sills and Justin Watson can both really play. The Giants need to give them an extended chance to help their team win more games. It's
not like the Giants have been a good team for a long time. Let the youngsters play. I am excited to watch and see how they do.

TwentyTwo

Master

Yes sir! That was my hope while following them in College!
6'-3" 211 David "The Prodigy" Sills was being recruited as a QB by USC in 7th grade Middle School. He was bit raw at West Virginia ; but had tremendous upside! Never like to see injuries but without them Peyton Hillis never rushes for 1,000 + yard season!

6'-2" 215 Justin Watson is still down in the Depth Chart. No doubt he could have an 8-110 yard game if given the opportunity,