NationalFootballPost Article on white skill players

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Can-JJ-Watt-change-the-common-perception.html

I found this article on Nationalfootballpost and it basically discusses how white players are treated. Essentially it sums up the caste system yet does not do anything to challenge it.

I do think it is interesting that after several years of reading scouting reports on white players that seem to be retread this issue may finally be coming to the surface. They always like to use the black QB situation to balance out the discrimination white players experience at every other position.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Very good article, perhaps the best I've ever read in a national outlet, and by a White writer no less. This shows White players and White athletes in general (whether or not they even realize at this time that the Caste System exists) are making some progress in combating the system and the corporate media that reinforces it, and I think we should pat ourselves on the back for helping to make it happen by the way we have documented and fought back against the Caste System for the past eight years. (Though the article should have mentioned that the stereotyping and lack of opportunity doesn't start at college programs when players are being evaluated by NFL scouts, but well before that, when high school football players are recruited and White ones are grossly discriminated against.)

But at least there's a lot more awareness now of the cliches and stereotypes used to describe White athletes thanks to our mightly little site; this should encourage us to intensify our efforts, because unlike politics at this time, sports and athletics is a realm where bearers of the truth can make a difference.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It is a good article however I hate the fact that the writer has to mention the "black quarterback struggle." It seems he throws that in so he won't appear racist. Black quarterbacks make up around 20 percent of all NFL qb's and that's over represented compared to their overall US population.

seattlefan

Guru
I'm glad you guys saw the false black QB comparison too. The media fawns over any and all black QBs. The discrimination against white athletes is completely different.

Defensive line in the NFL is really one of the more caste positions. I've read that only 15-20% of the D-line starters are white. JJ Watt might end up changing some scouts and coaches minds. On the other hand, players like Jared Allen putting up dominating performances as a DE hasn't seemed to change how white defensive linemen are viewed.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm glad you guys saw the false black QB comparison too. The media fawns over any and all black QBs. The discrimination against white athletes is completely different.

Defensive line in the NFL is really one of the more caste positions. I've read that only 15-20% of the D-line starters are white. JJ Watt might end up changing some scouts and coaches minds. On the other hand, players like Jared Allen putting up dominating performances as a DE hasn't seemed to change how white defensive linemen are viewed.

I've noticed that when these types of articles are written, and they are quite rare, the black qb comparison is always mentioned. The black qb situation is especially pushed by black writers of these articles. I mean, 12 percent of the US population has almost 20 percent of the starters at quarterback and I beleive slightly more than 20 percent of the backups. What are they really pushing for?

I believe that if the league were to artificially change fifty percent of the leagues qb's as black quarterbacks they would lose some of their fanbase. Of course, the hardcore DWF's wouldn't care but the ones of the fence would. That's why it's a very slow integration and with the lack of good black quarterbacks it's proving very difficult.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It is a good article however I hate the fact that the writer has to mention the "black quarterback struggle." It seems he throws that in so he won't appear racist. Black quarterbacks make up around 20 percent of all NFL qb's and that's over represented compared to their overall US population.
I think he meant in the past, about 20 years ago. Back then there were only about 3 or 4 Black qb's. The media used to whine about that and the only Black head coach too Art Shell.

davidholly

Mentor
I think he meant in the past, about 20 years ago. Back then there were only about 3 or 4 Black qb's. The media used to whine about that and the only Black head coach too Art Shell.

4 black starting QBs in the NFL would perfectly reflect their population levels.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Several years ago, all four of the starting defensive ends in the Pro Bowl were White. Jayson Whitlock wrote an article about it back when he had some balls, but otherwise it went unnoticed by the corporate media and certainly didn't change anything as far as the perception of White ends. I highly doubt that the major college programs began offering more scholarships to White kids who starred at the position in high school, just as I doubt the emergence of J. J. Watt will change anything when it comes to recruiting.

There needs to be a determined class action lawsuit against Rivals and the other major recruiting "services," who "serve" the anti-White status quo, along with the big schools themselves. That might seriously shake things up, because as long as schools can blatantly discriminate against Whites in recruiting and opportunity then the Caste System will remain in place. Whites can and do successfully legally challenge college admissions programs that openly discriminate against them; White athletes must start doing the same.

The Hock

Master
It wasn't that long ago that Don Wassall was a lone voice in the wilderness regarding the treatment and perception of white athletes. I can't think of anyone else who was trying to bring attention to the widespread maltreatment of excellent athletes just because of the color of their skin. Even many "pro-white" people (myself included?) accepted the assumption of white athletic inferiority. It was Don Wassall alone putting his name out there and fighting the battle.

I have no reason not to believe that this article wasn't inspired by the work that's been done by Don with Caste Football. I suspect that the writer got his ideas by sneaking a peek at Caste Football from time to time.

I've also noticed the word "athletic" used much more in the Caste media to describe white players.

A lot of progress has been made, at least in fighting the negative perceptions of white athletes. A white kid has just that much more of a chance maybe to fulfill his potential.

A ball is rolling, and Caste Football (really Don Wassal) has played a huge role in getting it going.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It wasn't that long ago that Don Wassall was a lone voice in the wilderness regarding the treatment and perception of white athletes. I can't think of anyone else who was trying to bring attention to the widespread maltreatment of excellent athletes just because of the color of their skin. Even many "pro-white" people (myself included?) accepted the assumption of white athletic inferiority. It was Don Wassall alone putting his name out there and fighting the battle.

I have no reason not to believe that this article wasn't inspired by the work that's been done by Don with Caste Football. I suspect that the writer got his ideas by sneaking a peek at Caste Football from time to time.

I've also noticed the word "athletic" used much more in the Caste media to describe white players.

A lot of progress has been made, at least in fighting the negative perceptions of white athletes. A white kid has just that much more of a chance maybe to fulfill his potential.

A ball is rolling, and Caste Football (really Don Wassal) has played a huge role in getting it going.
:thumbsup: I second that.

Truthteller

Mentor
Very good article, perhaps the best I've ever read in a national outlet, and by a White writer no less.

Don, it's also worth mentioning this isn't some anonymous, 16 year old high school kid or 40 year old DWF writing some silly blog for his favorite teams fan site. This is a respected player agent, so he has some insider perspective. I kind of figured he went back quite a while when he mentioned Vance Mueller, so I looked up his bio:

Jack Bechta is one of the most respected agents in the NFL and has represented players for more than two decades. Among his clients are first-round draft picks, Pro Bowl selections and high-profile coaches. Bechta was also executive producer and creator of “Super Agent” in conjunction with Spike TV and Universal Studios and has investment banking experience with several top Wall Street firms

Here's more bio info: http://www.nfladvisor.com/our-team/jack-bechta/

Here's his client list, which includes a large cast of whites screwed by the "system" (Edds, Sash, ect.): http://www.nfladvisor.com/clientele/

P.S: As far as him bringing up the black quarterback issue, he's basically writing for the Huffington Post, a radical left-wing Net site, so he can't come off being anti-black? Either way, it's a great piece and it took some guts to write this. No doubt he's very rich and doesn't "need" this writing job at the National Football Post, so he wasn't scared to write what he did. I doubt we'll see anything like this coming from ESPN or CBS or NBC/Rotoworld?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

I really appreciate the kind words, and must admit that given that I've been mostly banging my head against a wall for the past 27 years when it comes to trying to build patriotic political alternatives to the two-party tyranny and otherwise trying to get Americans to see how their country is being destroyed from within, it's nice to know that there has been some genuine progress when it comes to awareness of White athleticism and how it has been routinely and systematically demeaned and diminished.

But Caste Football has always been a community effort -- great writers like J. B. Cash, Joe Kowalski, Jimmy Chitwood and others, the mods jaxvid and white lightning who have been here from the beginning and do a great job, and of course the many outstanding forum posters over the years.

I encourage everyone who likes and supports Caste Football to keep up the good fight, and intensify your efforts if possible. It worries me to see how light posting is on some weekdays; makes me wonder if the board is going to turn into a ghost town after football season. If we can't maintain a single website in dynamic opposition to the (caste) system, well. . .

An active board means more traffic and interest, which means more influence. We have to be more determined and dedicated than those who oppose us. Let's keep building the CF community and our influence.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good find, Leonardfan. i actually stumbled across this article today during my lunch break, but i couldn't post it (Caste Football is blocked at work).

i agree with The Hock. Don has done an incredible job of spearheading the effort. hopefully, we will help him continue to grow the movement. without a doubt, this writer/agent's perspective was made possible by the (increasing) influence and knowledgable posters here on CF.

keep it up, gentlemen. :thumbsup:

This subject seems to be getting some traction. An article on NFL.com last week, and now this. Maybe somebody will get corrected by a colleague for "caste" speak on Monday night football.
After eight years of Don Wassel and caste football blowing the horn :horn:the cracks are showing. I am relatively new here, but tip my hat to all the guys who have been posting and linking to this website for years. :yo:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I noticed Freethinker made a comment on the article and Jack Betcha positively commented and affirmed Freethinker's post.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I noticed Freethinker made a comment on the article and Jack Betcha positively commented and affirmed Freethinker's post.
Haha, that's cool to see. Mr. Bechta seems like a smart guy who fully knows the score. Certainly an ally. I'd encourage you guys to go over there and leave some encouraging remarks in the comment section. It can only reinforce his conviction to write more stuff like this in the future and know there's people out there like us who care and want justice and fairness.

Within the article the author references another article that proves the discrimination that White athletes face. It's worth a read--about the evaluation of JJ Watt.

ARTICLE

I also think it is a very good idea to leave comments. There is so much competition as far as sports writing on the internet, if the owners of the site feel they are gaining an audience by writing these kinds of articles they will obviously continue to write similar articles which helps our cause.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Within the article the author references another article that proves the discrimination that White athletes face. It's worth a read--about the evaluation of JJ Watt.

ARTICLE

I also think it is a very good idea to leave comments. There is so much competition as far as sports writing on the internet, if the owners of the site feel they are gaining an audience by writing these kinds of articles they will obviously continue to write similar articles which helps our cause.

Agree completely about leaving comments.

The article you linked to is another good one, but I can't help feeling a lot of hypocrisy coming from its author, Dan Pompei, who over the years has been top shelf when it comes to ritually engaging in the same old tired stereotypes used to describe White football players that his fellow corporate media sports writers use. And the gist of it, that Watt was pegged as a mid-first rounder instead of the first overall pick, greatly minimizes the overall problem as so few White defensive players overcome the institutional hurdles placed in their way to even get to the point of being invited to the Combine and possibly drafted, but yes, every article that reinforces an aspect of our contention of a Caste System in sports is helpful.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Of course, I salute you as well Don. You've done excellent work helping the cause. Having said that, I'll weigh in a bit on black people.

When I first encountered them in the Corps, I didn't know what I was seeing. I had no idea of them other than what I'd been told. So I was the normal young Yankee. But I did note some interesting things about their conduct and moved on. When I finally left the Corps and went to work as an Structural Ironworker, blacks were being put into my union (against the wishes of the membership for the most part) by court order. I was a young guy being driven hard by my familty to excell and not appear to be a slug, so I didn't understand what was happening with the blacks in the trade. Because they couldn't do anything that took the combination of strength, agility and intellect, they were confined to the detail gangs (usually where apprentices and older men worked) and in time took over those gangs. They didn't think anything of being relegated to such work. They came to expect that work as "theirs." I
think what we see today in sports, football is just an extention of that mindset. They expect to have certain positions as theirs. If a coach tries to put a White guy in one of those positions they think of as theirs, there'll be trouble. That trouble could be just laying down on the job or even more than that. They very well may become violent. Such as if a coach tried to cut a revered older player for a younger/better White player, I think that coach would be facing a dangerous situation - alone. So I think that's what we're seeing when these coaches make these decisions hurtful to our White players. They're on a tightrope. They want to continue in their trade, coaching, but must stay within the established racial lines to hope to have any success. Certainly, many of those White coaches see exactly what we talk about. I'm sure their not stupid people for the most part.

Tom Iron...

wile

Master
The anti-whites simply have nothing left, a few well directed questions and their clown show collapses.

And Rivals best I can tell is a criminal racket and should be investigated and charged as necessary.

The black QB comparison is here to stay

they will always make that comparison, at least until 80% of the QBs are black, then they will harp on how it used to be. The writer thinks it bolsters his case that white players aren't given a fair shake at other positions. Maybe for the purposes of the DWFs, that's not a bad thing. They think that "talent wins out no matter what" in the NFL, so if thinking blacks get the shaft at QB puts a dent in that for purposes of showing the real discrimination, it might be worth it. It's not like the DWFs are going to get worse or anything.