Muhammed Ali is SOOO Overrated!!

Muhammed Ali was credited with 5 losses in his career. BUT, he lost MANY more fights but was given gift decisions in. Here's some fights that Ali lost but was given decisions he simply didn't deserve.

As Cassius Clay:

Doug Jones (He lost plain & simple)

As Ali:

Ken Norton (He was given 2 decisions he didn't deserve, Norton swept Ali)

Joe Frazier 2 (Frazier won 2 of the 3 fights)

Earnie Shavers

Jimmy Young

Add those 6 losses to his record(Which he DESERVERD), then Ali earned 11 LOSSES!!...

11 LOSSES is not the GREATEST of ALL TIME!!.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
smiley20.gif
No truer words were ever posted, Doc!

G

I agree, Ali was given alot of gift decisions. I remember back around either 1977 or 1978 Ali had an exihibition against Lyle Alzado and it was on NBC. From what I can remember Lyle was kicking Ali's ass. This from a football player! I always wonder why no one ever talks about that. I suspect its the same people who lavished praise on Ali for being a war dodger! Somehow Ali was able with a lot of the "tribe" to make everyone one believe he was the greatest. I will give Ali some credit, he could take a hell of a punch. Too bad he did not know when to retire.

The greatest robbery against a figher in the 70's was when they took the decision away from Ken Norton against Ali in Yankee Stadium. I hope this does not happean to Ricky Hatton.

G

That ain't even the half of it. I've been going on about this for a long time. Just do a search fror Clay-Ali +werewolf. There was the phony Liston fights, fixed ropes in the Foreman fight, Black Muslim-Yakuza muscle in the Inoki-Ali wrestler-boxer thing, fixed gloves in his KO *loss* to Cooper,..

Former champ Floyd Paterson said he didn't know why Clay was considered a legend. He said he was the best at insulting people, and I'll give him that, too.

ww

Edited by: werewolf

guest301

Hall of Famer
I am sorry to say this guys but Ali was the greatest ever. The greatest trash talker! Sportsmanship is largely out the window now and that's mostly due to Ali. A country can be rightly judged by it's heroes and it's sad that Ali is considered a American hero.

G

Sportsmanship is largely out the window now and that's mostly due to Ali.

I agree. Sportsmanship in boxing, anyway. I watched his daughter box once . A chip off the old block. She was screaming insults at her fallen (white) adversary.

The media masters even tried to make a hero out of career criminal Ruben "Hurricane" Carter.

Clay met with Dubya a while back. Dubya raised up his little fists like a boxer. If Clay could have summoned up the strength to deck the malevolent little ****got, I would have forgiven him all his transgressions. The only good thing I could say about Clay is that he used to be funny. I'll give him that.

ww

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I posted this same thread on a boxing website & got blasted for pages. People cussed me out(White & black people) & my thread got deleted & I was banned from the site. I used no profanity or anything of racial tones or anything. Was my 1st post, so had no history of anything on the site. What a joke??

Yeah, as mentioned I didn't go into the "Cut Glove" fiasco. Boy, I bet any fighter when hurt would love to call a time-out. LOL!!..

Would love to see the Lyle Alzado-Ali fight. Alzado was an amatuer boxer. Golden Gloves if I remember correct & heard if he stuck with boxing could have been a champ.

G

Doc Holliday said:

I posted this same thread on a boxing website & got blasted for pages.
People cussed me out(White & black people) & my thread got deleted & I
was banned from the site. I used no profanity or anything of racial tones
or anything. Was my 1st post, so had no history of anything on the site.
What a joke??

Yeah, as mentioned I didn't go into the "Cut Glove" fiasco. Boy, I bet any
fighter when hurt would love to call a time-out. LOL!!..

Would love to see the Lyle Alzado-Ali fight. Alzado was an amatuer
boxer. Golden Gloves if I remember correct & heard if he stuck with
boxing could have been a champ.

I don't care what you guys think, I liked Ali. To call the Ali-Alzado
debacle a 'fight' would be charitable. Alzado thought he was in a fight,
and an old fat slow Ali who was slurring almost to point of
incomprehensibility thought he was helping charity. He trudged forward
like George Forman for 8 rounds, and never through a hard punch.
Alzado, looked like he had some skills but seeing an old man drop his
hands repeatedly to get hig by the toughest guy in the NFL had to
discourage him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR4-woIssPo

devans

Mentor
By the cut glove fiasco you must be refering to how on June 18, 1963, Henry Cooper nearly changed boxing history when he floored Ali at Wembley. But a conveniently ripped glove gave Ali time to recover and win the fight.

See it here The fight

G

Of course the record books should be changed to give Sir Henry the win.

ww!

G

Doc Holliday said:

I posted this same thread on a boxing website & got blasted for pages. People cussed me out(White & black people) & my thread got deleted & I was banned from the site....

Welcome to the club. The wiggers can neither tolerate dissent nor engage in rational debate nor bear to hear the truth about their favorite negro superheroes, so they plunk down their fat little fingers on the handy dandy ban button.

ww