MLB 2023 Season

Phall

Master
The Oakland A's won seven straight games (they finally dropped one last night), all against teams above .500. Now at 19-51, they no longer have the worst record in baseball. Oakland had previously been on pace to shatter the worst record ever. The owner, John Fisher, has been under fire for his dastardly deeds and just generally being a rich villain. Fisher invests the absolute minimum into the team and stadium, purposefully fielding a minor-league level team to drive away fans and facilitate a franchise move to Las Vegas. It should go without saying that he wants a new stadium to be maximally-funded by taxpayer money, and he believes he can get more of that in Sin City. Do you remember third baseman Eric Chavez? He signed a $66 million contract in Oakland circa 2003 and remains the largest contract in franchise history.

Last night, A's fans did a "reverse boycott" and got 27,000 fans to show up on a random Wednesday, exceeding even their Opening Day crowd. This was meant to show the audience (MLB, Fisher, prospective buyers) that Oakland is very much a viable market for baseball. The ideal fan scenario seems to be for Fisher to sell the team. The city brass has a proposal published for a new waterside stadium, supposedly viable by the 2027 season. Will Fisher acquiesce? Will MLB expand? It's an unusual midseason storyline.

I'm happy for the A's players especially. They have to feel disrespected going into every game as heavy underdogs. DH Brent Rooker in particular is up to 13 home runs and might find a home on a more competitive roster.

Phall

Master
The LA Dodgers managed to get their public relations wrong multiple times in rapid succession, and the result is a pretty bulky 'white pill.'

The "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" is a group of male transvestites with some basis in Los Angeles. It's a small cadre of gay, middle-aged white males who like to dress up in Halloween costumes with dueling themes of nunnery and satanic monstrosity.

Ops_Sisters-of-perpetual-indulgence_Wikimedia-commons-1-1-900x598.jpg

this is one of their milder images

The Dodgers PR staff, in its infinite wisdom, invited this group to be some sort of honored guests at the now-annual "Pride Night" in Dodger Stadium. As this group is not simply "gay" but openly mocks and subverts Catholicism, there was a not-insignificant pushback about their feature. The Dodgers tried to quietly un-invite these gays from the party, but as every learned person on this living green earth knows, you do not simply un-invite gays from a party! The "sisters" got their allies to group up and pressure the franchise to re-invite them to be honored guests on "Pride Night," (which was tonight). The Dodgers did not want to upset the gays!

Trevor Williams is a relief pitcher for the Washington Nationals and a devout Catholic. I assume the Nats were playing in LA tonight, but not necessarily and it doesn't matter. Williams swallowed hard, threw caution into the wind, and tweeted out a message condemning the blasphemers of the Catholic faith. When opposing the Gay Agenda, you might realistically expect a slow and painful death to be your penalty, or at least a swift one. While that isn't off the table, he seems to have drawn a lot of support (and non-mainstream media interest). Here's a clip of him talking about it:

He claims that even the LA stadium personnel were incredibly receptive to him both in the moment and when they finally met him. It's as if a dam had burst. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's definitely believable.

There were some daylight shots of the "Sisters" doing their ritual or whatever in front of completely empty stands. Other shots have a big group of Catholics meeting in front of the stadium and holding prayers. I don't trust the perspective from either cameraman, but I admit that it's easy to fall in love with the idea of this happening.

Anyway, it's incredible that I only learned about any of this from Twitter trends. I haven't seen any coverage on the big networks, and this would be exactly the stuff I'd be looking for. Cheers to Trevor Williams!

Flint

Mentor
Concerning the anti-Catholic tranny freaks.

You’d think the Hispanic players with their showy posturing of their Catholic faith, crossing themselves at every at bat and pointing at the sky everytime something good happens, would have something to say. But as is typical of so many of the “devout” they are only that way when it suits them.

Also it’s very disturbing how a desire to support gays in whatever their struggles are supposed to be has morphed into celebrating mentally ill perverts in their weird fetishes.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The LA Dodgers managed to get their public relations wrong multiple times in rapid succession, and the result is a pretty bulky 'white pill.'

The "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" is a group of male transvestites with some basis in Los Angeles. It's a small cadre of gay, middle-aged white males who like to dress up in Halloween costumes with dueling themes of nunnery and satanic monstrosity.

The Dodgers PR staff, in its infinite wisdom, invited this group to be some sort of honored guests at the now-annual "Pride Night" in Dodger Stadium. As this group is not simply "gay" but openly mocks and subverts Catholicism, there was a not-insignificant pushback about their feature. The Dodgers tried to quietly un-invite these gays from the party, but as every learned person on this living green earth knows, you do not simply un-invite gays from a party! The "sisters" got their allies to group up and pressure the franchise to re-invite them to be honored guests on "Pride Night," (which was tonight). The Dodgers did not want to upset the gays!

Trevor Williams is a relief pitcher for the Washington Nationals and a devout Catholic. I assume the Nats were playing in LA tonight, but not necessarily and it doesn't matter. Williams swallowed hard, threw caution into the wind, and tweeted out a message condemning the blasphemers of the Catholic faith. When opposing the Gay Agenda, you might realistically expect a slow and painful death to be your penalty, or at least a swift one. While that isn't off the table, he seems to have drawn a lot of support (and non-mainstream media interest). Here's a clip of him talking about it:

He claims that even the LA stadium personnel were incredibly receptive to him both in the moment and when they finally met him. It's as if a dam had burst. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's definitely believable.

There were some daylight shots of the "Sisters" doing their ritual or whatever in front of completely empty stands. Other shots have a big group of Catholics meeting in front of the stadium and holding prayers. I don't trust the perspective from either cameraman, but I admit that it's easy to fall in love with the idea of this happening.

Anyway, it's incredible that I only learned about any of this from Twitter trends. I haven't seen any coverage on the big networks, and this would be exactly the stuff I'd be looking for. Cheers to Trevor Williams!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trout is in the middle of what looks like the worst slump of his entire career… he is down in the .250’s for BA; Ohtani now has three or four more home runs than he does…. Trout looks lost and I hate to say it: average.

Praying he breaks out of this slump and has a stellar second half of the season.
Maybe Trout's pulling out of his latest slump. He's 5 for his last 11 AB's with 2 doubles and his 15th HR of the season today!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yet people everywhere say there is no God. This is a Spiritual Battle of the Highest Level guys! Faith is a must! Amerikka 2.0

87d5ce1068cf9382.jpg

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The shame of this is the Dodgers have been one of the whitest teams in baseball over the last ten years or so. Just goes to show how deep the agenda is really.

I don’t watch pro baseball anymore so it changes nothing for me, but for those of you Dodger fans I hope you will make your presence felt.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
My second favorite player after Trout is Pete Alonso who plays for the NY Mets. He is having another monster year so far!

Pete Alonso has 23 homeruns and 51 runs batted in so far. Would like to see him get his batting average higher but he has been
playing with an injured wrist yet still is hitting the long ball with ease. Alonso is 2nd in the MLB in homeruns after Ohtanni.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The LA Angels are hammering the Rockies 23-0 in just the 4th inning. Trout 3-3 and a walk and hit his 17th HR.

Warhawk_46

Master
The LA Angels are hammering the Rockies 23-0 in just the 4th inning. Trout 3-3 and a walk and hit his 17th HR.
I don’t believe I have ever seen a 25-1 game!
Trout playing well… his slump over it seems! Let’s hope he goes on a tear!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout went 3 for 5 yesterday. As we approach the All Star Break soon, his average is still only 260. It's hard to believe but it's been
that kind of up but more down season. At least he has 17 homeruns. I was hoping for 20 homers and 50 rbi's by the break. Not gonna
happen but he isn't too far off the pace. My goal for him every year is to try and average 40 homers, 100 rbi's and bat close to 300.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout went 3 for 5 yesterday. As we approach the All Star Break soon, his average is still only 260. It's hard to believe but it's been
that kind of up but more down season. At least he has 17 homeruns. I was hoping for 20 homers and 50 rbi's by the break. Not gonna
happen but he isn't too far off the pace. My goal for him every year is to try and average 40 homers, 100 rbi's and bat close to 300.
Trout becomes the 14th player in MLB history to be elected by the fans 10 or more times to The All Star game.
Texas rookie 3rd baseman Josh Jung elected as AL starter and Arizona rookie OF Corbin Carroll was elected as a starter as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Trout becomes the 14th player in MLB history to be elected by the fans 10 or more times to The All Star game.
Texas rookie 3rd baseman Josh Jung elected as AL starter and Arizona rookie OF Corbin Carroll was elected as a starter as well.

Rangers SS Corey Seager and Catcher Jonah Heim also selected as starters for the All Star game.

Warhawk_46

Master
All Trout needs is a hot streak which, admittedly, hasn’t happened this year. But his teammate Ohtani belted 14 HR in June. Trout is capable of turning things around and doing similar numbers in July.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Braves Olson with hr's 27 and 28 tonight and 5 RBI's. Going 4-4 and 4 runs scored. Austin Riley 3-4 3 RBI and his 15th hr. Starting All Star catcher Murphy hit his 14th hr and 3 RBI.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Braves Olson with hr's 27 and 28 tonight and 5 RBI's. Going 4-4 and 4 runs scored. Austin Riley 3-4 3 RBI and his 15th hr. Starting All Star catcher Murphy hit his 14th hr and 3 RBI.
Jung 17th Hr and Heim 14th Hr for Texas. Both starting in the All Star game.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Dodgers Clayton Kershaw at 35 is tied for the league lead in wins with 10. He has 207 for his career. He's already a HOF with 3 Cy Youngs and a WS win. Now, I hope he stays healthy and can get to 300 career wins. There's only been 4 since 1990.
Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and Randy Johnson.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Dodgers Clayton Kershaw at 35 is tied for the league lead in wins with 10. He has 207 for his career. He's already a HOF with 3 Cy Youngs and a WS win. Now, I hope he stays healthy and can get to 300 career wins. There's only been 4 since 1990.
Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and Randy Johnson.
Unless he plays well into his 40's, that's unlikely to happen. When I was really following baseball in the 80's, 20 win seasons were not unusual. Complete games normal. Last season there was only 1 20 game winner. Compare that to like 1988:
1.Viola • MIN24
2.Hershiser • LAD23
Jackson • CIN23
4.Stewart • OAK21
5.Gubicza • KCR20
Cone • NYM20
7.Reuschel • SFG19
8.Clemens • BOS18
Hurst • BOS18
Swindell • CLE18
Browning • CIN18
Gooden • NYM18
Maddux • CHC18

Nowadays with the pitch counts in the 90's, starters are pulled in the 5th or 6th inning which give the middle relievers plenty of time to blow the starters lead, hence many fewer high win totals. That said, Kershaw reminds me of those old school pitchers like Orel Hershiser above. I don't doubt that he could do it if given a chance.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
One of the biggest surprise teams this year is the Cincinnati Reds. Starting on June 5th, they’ve produced a record of 18-5, propelling them to 1st in the NL Central. Latino negro Elly De La Cruz is getting a lot of the attention, but it is really the Reds contingent of mostly young White athletes leading the revival.

The 3 stalwarts so far have been 26 year old Jonathan India (2B), 25 year old Spencer Steer (1B/3B/LF) and 26 year old Tyler Stephenson (C). The trio have all basically played everyday and put up solid numbers with Steer leading the team in HRs. Then there is Jake Fraley (28) handling RF, except when a lefty is starting, and having an excellent year. Team leading 50 RBI, 11 homers and 12 steals. Rookie SS Matt McLain (23) has been a revelation since his call up in mid-May. Over .300 average with power, speed and clutch hitting. TJ Fried (27) has been great in CF all year (had a small injury) hitting over .300, providing more speed on the base paths and leading the squad in WAR. Former top prospect Nick Senzel (28) is the sometimes starter at 3B or LF. For the first time in his career, he’s been useful providing a positive WAR. Lastly, is the only old man out of the young core, Joey Votto. The 39 year old great is the main DH and part time 1B since his return from injury.

The pitching staff is around 70% White, making the team over 75% White in total. A definite CF squad to support and one which I’ll be rooting for out of the NL.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I had a chance to see both McClain and De La Cruz play before getting called up! Reds are loaded with young talent!