MLB 2023 Season

Good stuff. Let’s try to get a list together of all the White ball players to watch this year.
Here's an MLB "Top 100" prospect list.

The Orioles could be very white friendly in a couple years. They have the #1 prospect, and the #12 prospect - both white - one is 21 and the other is 19. Gunnar Henderson - 3B / SS and Jackson Holliday - SS. They also have the #7 prospect - Grayson Rodriguez who could maybe pass as white.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Are we going to get a list of White players together for the season? I have my fantasy draft tomorrow and am starting to go through and do my research. I'll get my list together and throw it up here. One reason I love fantasy baseball is I have the ability to build a competitive all-White roster.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Are we going to get a list of White players together for the season? I have my fantasy draft tomorrow and am starting to go through and do my research. I'll get my list together and throw it up here. One reason I love fantasy baseball is I have the ability to build a competitive all-White roster.
Yes. We can. Do we want to list them team by team like with college football? I'll start with The Philadelphia Phillies.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Cubs another team to keep an eye on. They started 9 White position players today and won the game.

1680212440487.png

And just to clarify, Gomes is a White Brazilian and Hosmer might have some admixture but I’ve always considered him one of our guys.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Blue Jays also started more Whites than I expected: 7 out of 9.

Bichette
Varsho
Kirk (another Hispanic that looks like a White guy)
Belt
Chapman
Merrifield
Kiermaier

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Rangers another White friendly outfit. At least on opening day.

1680214282889.png

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Cardinals another decent squad.

1680214819150.png

Nootbaar and Edman have some Asian ancestry but mostly pass the eye test.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice work Freethinker. I think we are trending a little better than last year so far. What do you guys think?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Cincinnati Reds started 7 White men. Hopefully they improve this year.

1680215267781.png

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Orioles have a pretty solid White foundation.

C Adley Rutschman
2B Adam Frazier
3B/SS Gunnar Henderson (big time prospect)
1B Ryan Mountcastle
OF Austin Hays
IF Terrin Vavra
OF Kyle Stowers
OF Ryan McKenna

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Orioles have a pretty solid White foundation.

C Adley Rutschman
2B Adam Frazier
3B/SS Gunnar Henderson (big time prospect)
1B Ryan Mountcastle
OF Austin Hays
IF Terrin Vavra
OF Kyle Stowers
OF Ryan McKenna
Agreed. They have some fun players to follow.

Rutschman is the real deal. Towards the end of last year he really started to get comfortable at the pro level. Today he went 5-5 with a homer, 4 RBI and a walk. I predict that by season’s end he’ll be a clear cut top 3 catcher in the league.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Agreed. They have some fun players to follow.

Rutschman is the real deal. Towards the end of last year he really started to get comfortable at the pro level. Today he went 5-5 with a homer, 4 RBI and a walk. I predict that by season’s end he’ll be a clear cut top 3 catcher in the league.

They also have Matt Holliday's kid in their farm system - potential future SS to go along with Gunnar Henderson and Rutschman.

Nice to see the baseball thread get some activity. I'll try to post more often here, always enjoyed the early part of the baseball season and baseball is the only sport besides hockey where we have a large number of our guys to follow/root for.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Mets Pete Alonso who had 130 HR's in a 3 year span, not including the Covid shortened season has hit his first of many HR's tonight in a loss to the Mariners.
The Astros Kyle Tucker has also homered.
Only five games today/tonight.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Mets Pete Alonso who had 130 HR's in a 3 year span, not including the Covid shortened season has hit his first of many HR's tonight in a loss to the Mariners.
The Astros Kyle Tucker has also homered.
Only five games today/tonight.
The Dodgers new CF James Outman who went 6-14 including a HR in 4 games last year, began his rookie season last night with a bang going 2-3 scoring 3 runs and hitting a HR. He's 25 years old. I wonder what took him so long. LOL.
Dodgers starting 6 white position players this season.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout is 3-3 so far today. A HR, D, and a single. A triple away from the cycle. 2 RBI.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout is 3-3 so far today. A HR, D, and a single. A triple away from the cycle. 2 RBI.

Now that's the Trout we know and love. He is still the greatest player in the game currently in my opinion. No doubt about
the last decade minus the injuries. He is a sheer force and unlike anyone I've ever seen play baseball. LIke I said before the season
started the homeruns this year and in the next 5 plus years are huge. He still is towards the end of his prime so he can still put up
some huge numbers and then slow down in his late 30's to 40's if he is still playing! Hope he hits for the cycle today!

Flint

Mentor
Hey even the Los Tigres are lightening up.
They are basically playing white players at 6 positions.
C Eric Hasse/Jake Rodgers
1B Spencer Torkelson
3B Kerry Carpenter / Nick Maton
LF Austin Meadows
CF Riley Green
RF Matt Vierling
Even the backup SS-2B Zack McKinstry

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hey even the Los Tigres are lightening up.
They are basically playing white players at 6 positions.
C Eric Hasse/Jake Rodgers
1B Spencer Torkelson
3B Kerry Carpenter / Nick Maton
LF Austin Meadows
CF Riley Green
RF Matt Vierling
Even the backup SS-2B Zack McKinstry
Riley Greene isn’t White. He’s some sort or mulatto or mestizo. He was approached to play for Puerto Rico for the WBC. However, even without Greene your point is still made. The Tigers have many more White players than their teams of the last decade that were all “Latino” with like 1 or 2 token Whites on the whole position player roster.

I’m especially keeping a close eye on Torkelson who has a top pedigree but hasn’t show it on the MLB level yet. Hoping he breaks out this year.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Riley Greene isn’t White. He’s some sort or mulatto or mestizo. He was approached to play for Puerto Rico for the WBC. However, even with Greene your point is still made. The Tigers have many more White players than their teams of the last decade that were all “Latino” with like 1 or 2 token Whites on the whole position player roster.

I’m especially keeping a close eye on Torkelson who has a top pedigree but hasn’t show it on the MLB level yet. Hoping he breaks out this year.
Austin Meadows should have a bounce back year after being injured most of 2022.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Riley Greene's parents are mixed.

Dang. In that photo he looks black! All the photos I've seen, his father is white and mother is black or mixed at best, but who knows these days all sorts of scenarios could be at work. Could be his step-father. Biological father may not be around or mother cheated on him with a black guy. Again, who knows in today's crazy world.

booth

Mentor
Dang. In that photo he looks black! All the photos I've seen, his father is white and mother is black or mixed at best, but who knows these days all sorts of scenarios could be at work. Could be his step-father. Biological father may not be around or mother cheated on him with a black guy. Again, who knows in today's crazy world.
CS, this is my fault. I used the word mixed when I should have used mestizo. There is a nice family picture of Riley and his sister and parents. His father is definitely white and his mother is Latin.

Flint

Mentor
CS, this is my fault. I used the word mixed when I should have used mestizo. There is a nice family picture of Riley and his sister and parents. His father is definitely white and his mother is Latin.
This is our second go around on Riley Green’s ethnicity. LOL Yes he appears to very swarthy. He has straight hair as does his mother who has clearly a lot of Spanish traits. I think you can go either way on this which is why I included him.