MLB 2022 Season

Being a Detroit Tigers fan and living in Michigan I love the Austin Meadows pickup. The Tigers are getting more white players with Robbie Grossman and Tucker Barnhart and Spencer Torkelson as the up and coming star. I can really cheer for the Tigers again.

icsept

Master
Trea Turner has a 24 game hitting streak continuing from last season.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Clayton Kershaw was pulled after pitching a perfect game through seven innings. He had only thrown 80 pitches. Ridiculous, yet another reason why I quit following baseball.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Clayton Kershaw was pulled after pitching a perfect game through seven innings. He had only thrown 80 pitches. Ridiculous, yet another reason why I quit following baseball.

Most sportswriters are spinning Dodgers manager Dave Roberts pulling Kershaw out of a perfect game as an "unpopular but logical" or "tough strategic" decision. I can't help but wonder...what if a White manager pulled a black or Hispanic pitcher who was having a perfect game? Somehow, I don't think any mainstream, Caste-approved sportswriter would be saying "tough but strategic." I think the spin would be more along the lines of "boo hoo, another case of whitey keeping the brown man down." Jesse and Al and Ben (Crump) would march, and there would be much hand-wringing.

But because Kershaw is White and Roberts is not, there won't be any of that. Being White means you never get to play the race card. As a White man, you never have anyone but yourself to blame, even when it's clearly someone else's fault.

Warhawk_46

Master
There are many famous people of Southern European ancestry who you would think are partially Arab or Sub Saharan ancestry(they may be of ancient origins). Ricard Montalban was of full Spaniard ancestry but because he was from Mexico you would think he had some Amerindian or distant African ancestry but both of his parents were immigrants from Spain who settled in Mexico.

This guy could be that but most likely he has some Amerindian blood or some African ancestry. Also tons of baseball players have much darker skin during the season than in the off season as they are in the sun similar to construction laborers. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2009/jan/16/ricardo-montalban-obituary
I agree about being in the sun. I am white as can be, a mixture of Danish, Norwegian and Polish. Yet when I used to landscape, I would develop a deep tan, very dark. Some people just tan more easily than others. The think about the white race is we can have a variety of shades of white depending on ancestry.

But I also agree, the kids in these pictures have taken in their mother’s complexion.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

This is horrible. Yes it wouldn't happen to one of theres and if I was Kershaw I would refuse to come out of the game. So disrespectful.

We should call Trea Turner "TNT" as he is like Dynamite on the field!

icsept

Master
Trea Turner has a 24 game hitting streak continuing from last season.
27 games now. As the defending batting champion, batting high in the order of a high powered offense, and with his speed…it gets interesting after 30 games. (Although, I can see Dave Roberts pull him late in a blowout, still needing a hit, “he needs rest, for the good of the team.”)

Last edited:

icsept

Master
27 games now. As the defending batting champion, batting high in the order of a high powered offense, and with his speed…it gets interesting after 30 games. (Although, I can see Dave Roberts pull him late in a blowout, still needing a hit, “he needs rest, for the good of the team.”)
And, it’s over. 0-4 with a walk.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
I agree about being in the sun. I am white as can be, a mixture of Danish, Norwegian and Polish. Yet when I used to landscape, I would develop a deep tan, very dark. Some people just tan more easily than others. The think about the white race is we can have a variety of shades of white depending on ancestry.

I agree. My oldest daughter tans much more easily and darkly than anyone else in our family. Just part of whites' natural diversity.

(For the record, there's no chance of any, ahem, shenanigans. Confirmed by DNA. As the saying goes, trust but verify).

:afro:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout just can't get a break over the past 3-4 years. After missing 90% of the season last year, Trout began the year with a food poison issue and missed a game. He was having a pretty good series in Texas when he was hit in the hand by a pitch today. Early reports indicate there were no broken bones and he's listed as day to day. However, last year's calf injury wasn't supposed to be a big deal either.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout just can't get a break over the past 3-4 years. After missing 90% of the season last year, Trout began the year with a food poison issue and missed a game. He was having a pretty good series in Texas when he was hit in the hand by a pitch today. Early reports indicate there were no broken bones and he's listed as day to day. However, last year's calf injury wasn't supposed to be a big deal either.
Mike Trout out again. Who knows for how long?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Carolina Speed, I got nauseous when I saw where he got hurt again. The x-rays were negative but I really know what that means in how many games he will miss.
Me too booth. Trout out for the third game in a row! Freeman doing well in LA with the Dodgers and Schwarber hit his fourth HR for the Phillies today. My posts are brief as I am on vacation for a week at the beach in SC.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Carolina Speed, I got nauseous when I saw where he got hurt again. The x-rays were negative but I really know what that means in how many games he will miss.

This is really hurting his all time legacy. He is a hall of famer without a doubt but we all were hoping he could break many of the all time mlb records for hitting, homeruns, etc.
Let's hope he heals up quickly and comes back stronger than ever. It's alot harder to stay healthy in your 30's versus the 20's when we can do almost anything and our bodies
recover very quickly. Mike Trout is still my all time favorite player.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
This is really hurting his all time legacy. He is a hall of famer without a doubt but we all were hoping he could break many of the all time mlb records for hitting, homeruns, etc.
Let's hope he heals up quickly and comes back stronger than ever. It's alot harder to stay healthy in your 30's versus the 20's when we can do almost anything and our bodies
recover very quickly. Mike Trout is still my all time favorite player.
Trout with 2 home runs last night. Hopefully he remains healthy for the rest of the season and challenge for his fourth MVP!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trout with 2 home runs last night. Hopefully he remains healthy for the rest of the season and challenge for his fourth MVP!
After Trout hits two home runs in last night's game, he gets plunked again today in his first at bat. At this rate he'll never make it until the end of the season. That would be a shame as the Angels are playing pretty good ball. I'd like to see Trout in the post season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
After Trout hits two home runs in last night's game, he gets plunked again today in his first at bat. At this rate he'll never make it until the end of the season. That would be a shame as the Angels are playing pretty good ball. I'd like to see Trout in the post season

I was watching a movie last night called, "About Hope". It was your typical romance comedy but it the lead guy character was a huge Angels Mike Trout Fan. It was
kind of cool. He even had a picture of the amazing catch robbing someone of a homerun.

The umpires need to protect Trout more. Can you imagine if they hit Barry Bonds that many times. Everyone on cue would scream racism.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The umpires need to protect Trout more. Can you imagine if they hit Barry Bonds that many times. Everyone on cue would scream racism.
Interesting you mentioned this WL. I was thinking the same thing. Bonds was hit a total of 33 times during his first full ten seasons in MLB. Trout has been hit 84 times in his first ten years. Two of those years for Trout he only played a total of 99 games, so the number would probably be more around the 100 range. Three times as many as Bonds. Trout has been hit in the double digit range already 5 times in his career. Bonds only got hit in double digits twice in his 22 year career. Ten times twice, barely in double digits at that. Those two times was later in his career. Trout has already been hit a total of 80 times in only 8 full seasons. Trout was hit 16 TIMES in only 134 games in 2019!!
I was very surprised when he was hit Saturday, that there was no reaction from the umpires or even his teammates. At that point he had been hit twice in only 10 games. That's a pace of 30 HBP over the course of the season.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
There are good and bad places to being hit. Obviously the head is an ejection but wrists and forearms are dangerous as they can break or get a bad bruise which can limit limberness. The only good place to be hit is the middle of back if the player is muscular or fat.

Does anybody know where he was hit?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
New York Yankees 1B Anthony Rizzo having a monster game. Hitting his 6th, 7th and league leading 8th HR and six RBI. And added a single as well. So far he's 4-4, 3 HR's, 4 runs scored.
Mike Trout with his 5th HR is leading the league in OPS 1.132.
Rockies CF/DH Charlie Blackmon with his 3rd and 4th HR.

icsept

Master
Watching the Angels tonight. They’re a very White friendly team, plus Ohtani. Ohtani is a phenom, an impressive athlete for sure. I’m not sure if there are any better AL teams to follow.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Watching the Angels tonight. They’re a very White friendly team, plus Ohtani. Ohtani is a phenom, an impressive athlete for sure. I’m not sure if there are any better AL teams to follow.
Yes, I noticed the same the other day, which caught me by surprise as a few years ago it seemed to be Mike Trout and 7 or 8 brown guys. Now they have good young players like Jared Walsh, Brandon Marsh, Tyler Wade, Taylor Ward, David Fletcher, Jack Mayfield and Max Stassi. With this demographic improvement, they’re actually playing their best baseball in years. Hopefully they’ll finally get Trout into the playoffs!

One other funny thing to mention, is that their overhyped black prospect Jo Adell (ranked #1 by many “experts”), is off to another rough start. He stunk last year and this year he has 21 strikeouts in 57 at bats. Overall he has a negative WAR. Taylor Ward seems to be displacing him for playing time now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yes, I noticed the same the other day, which caught me by surprise as a few years ago it seemed to be Mike Trout and 7 or 8 brown guys. Now they have good young players like Jared Walsh, Brandon Marsh, Tyler Wade, Taylor Ward, David Fletcher, Jack Mayfield and Max Stassi. With this demographic improvement, they’re actually playing their best baseball in years. Hopefully they’ll finally get Trout into the playoffs!

One other funny thing to mention, is that their overhyped black prospect Jo Adell (ranked #1 by many “experts”), is off to another rough start. He stunk last year and this year he has 21 strikeouts in 57 at bats. Overall he has a negative WAR. Taylor Ward seems to be displacing him for playing time now.

Is Adell another Jason Heyward/Upton brothers type ? Even throw in Byron Buxton who gets hyped up every year but has only panned out to be average.

Joc Pederson was off to a great start, looks like he is out with an injury now. Let's hope it's not serious. Funny how he is still in the league and won back to back World Series with two different teams. His hyped up cuban teammate Yasiel Puig is off in Korea playing.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Is Adell another Jason Heyward/Upton brothers type ? Even throw in Byron Buxton who gets hyped up every year but has only panned out to be average.

Joc Pederson was off to a great start, looks like he is out with an injury now. Let's hope it's not serious. Funny how he is still in the league and won back to back World Series with two different teams. His hyped up cuban teammate Yasiel Puig is off in Korea playing.
I think he’ll be worse than Buxton, maybe more like Heyward if he reaches his “upside”. Buxton actually has 5 tools, though they aren’t great like he was hyped to be. Actually he has a 6th tool, getting injured every year. In his 8th season, I’d only say that he had one that was noteworthy. 16 homers, 51 RBI and 29 SBs back in 2017. Considering he was the consensus best prospect for years, his career has been a huge bust.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Same here Freethinker. Back in 2017 it was Trout, Kole Calhoun, and a young 1B prospect named CJ Cron. Cron, I believe, had to split time with the aging Albert Puljols. The Angels finally traded Cron and now Cron is leading the league for Colorado in HR's, 7 and RBI's, 18. A mistake on the Angels part.