MLB 2022 Season

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Lockout Ends! An agreement reached by MLB's club owners and its players union after months of negotiations will allow for a full season, with opening day scheduled for April 7.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm happy about this for many reasons. Especially to get to watch Mike Trout the best player ever. Also for many other great players and teams we like.

Flint

Mentor
How’s Trout doing? Hopefully he can back on track towards being one of the greatest players ever and not a “what could have been” story.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I hate some of the rules they came up with - adding DH to the NL and making a more balanced schedule to promote interleague play - getting rid of division games. Manfred and the owners are really screwing up the game.

I look forward to the season - there is nothing like early spring baseball.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I hate some of the rules they came up with - adding DH to the NL and making a more balanced schedule to promote interleague play - getting rid of division games. Manfred and the owners are really screwing up the game.

I look forward to the season - there is nothing like early spring baseball.
The homogenizing of the MLB leagues all but sealed my disinterest in MLB as the AL game is rather boring and quite robotic aside from helping aging fielders save their legs the game is closer to resembling beer league softball games.

Also I don't see the NL going back from this unless there is fan backlash as once something is changed it seems to be set in stone.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The homogenizing of the MLB leagues all but sealed my disinterest in MLB as the AL game is rather boring and quite robotic aside from helping aging fielders save their legs the game is closer to resembling beer league softball games.

Also I don't see the NL going back from this unless there is fan backlash as once something is changed it seems to be set in stone.

I agree. I was always a fan of the NL even going back to my childhood. They have really destroyed the little nuances of the game - the intricacies of small ball, fundamentals etc.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
How’s Trout doing? Hopefully he can back on track towards being one of the greatest players ever and not a “what could have been” story.
By all accounts I'm hearing he's healthy. He should be. He's had plenty of rest over the last two seasons.
I'm interested to see Bobby Witt Jr. make his debut. Royals SS is one of the most promising prospects since Trout and Harper. He was ready last season, but the Royals held him back. The Royal's organization has stated that they will give Witt every opportunity to make the opening day roster. We'll see.
Other promising prospects due to make their MLB debut are: Orioles C Adley Rutschman, Detroit 1B/3B Spencer Torkelson, and Texas RHP: Jack Leiter son of former AL All Star and World Series Champion Al Leiter.
Also, want to see Harper follow up his second MVP with another great season.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Former Atlanta MVP First Baseman Freddie Freeman to The LA Dodgers! What is the Braves organization thinking? The Braves best player and arguably one of the best in MLB could not reach a deal. It seems Atlanta talks with Freeman's agent barely moved. So, Freeman bolts to LA for six years and $162 million. Meanwhile, the Braves sign former Oakland Athletic and Georgia native Matt Olson. Olson's a good player, but he's not Freeman, not close! Olson signed for eight years and $168 million. I'm thinking Freeman would've signed a deal similar to that, but Atlanta for whatever reason had no interest. This kind of $#!t makes me not want to pull for Atlanta anymore. Freeman is a class act and Atlanta should have never let him go. Meanwhile, LA gets even whiter with the best first baseman in MLB. Good Luck Freddie!
In other news, former Colorado Rockies, SS Trevor Story to the Red Sox. $140 million over six years. Not sure what Boston's thinking either. They already have AS SS Xander Bogaerts. Who's going to move and where? Story has never played any other position. I'm they won't move Bogaerts. Instead, Story will probably have to move to second or third base.
Almost forgot, former LA SS Corey Seager to the Rangers. 10 year $325 million and no state tax?
Trea Turner should be the Dodgers opening day SS.

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Question for you baseball fans. Riley Green, Tigers prospect, honkey or not? I think the girl in the picture is his sister, I think she’s the best looking prospect in the family though.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...122&height=519&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...28&height=1792&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
I don't think he's a honkey. I know one thing if my son came out that dark, I have to question my wife about sleeping around with someone a lot darker than me. Thankfully, my sons and daughters all came out with blonde hair and blue eyes like me.
BTW, Royals Bobby Witt Jr. tearing up mlb pre season. Hitting .500 and a couple of HR's. However, they've had him at third base instead of his natural SS position.

Flint

Mentor
I don't think he's a honkey. I know one thing if my son came out that dark, I have to question my wife about sleeping around with someone a lot darker than me. Thankfully, my sons and daughters all came out with blonde hair and blue eyes like me.
BTW, Royals Bobby Witt Jr. tearing up mlb pre season. Hitting .500 and a couple of HR's. However, they've had him at third base instead of his natural SS position.

In think his mother is Hispanic, but Spanish Hispanic, his features are European although he is fairly “swarthy”. You don’t have to have blonde hair and blue eyes and pale skin to be white.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
In think his mother is Hispanic, but Spanish Hispanic, his features are European although he is fairly “swarthy”. You don’t have to have blonde hair and blue eyes and pale skin to be white.
Ohh man. Flint you burst my bubble. I thought all white people had blonde hair and blue eyes. Now what am I going to do?
Seriously, I looked up some other images of him and to me in some of those photos he could easily pass as black. His father looks as white as me, but you're correct his mother could be hispanic, but some of those other images of him he really looks black. So my point was that if there's no doubt as in what I am, Blonde and blue and even if my wife is a little darker, I would question if my son came out as black as he looks, IN SOME PHOTOS.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
There are many famous people of Southern European ancestry who you would think are partially Arab or Sub Saharan ancestry(they may be of ancient origins). Ricard Montalban was of full Spaniard ancestry but because he was from Mexico you would think he had some Amerindian or distant African ancestry but both of his parents were immigrants from Spain who settled in Mexico.

This guy could be that but most likely he has some Amerindian blood or some African ancestry. Also tons of baseball players have much darker skin during the season than in the off season as they are in the sun similar to construction laborers. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2009/jan/16/ricardo-montalban-obituary

Flint

Mentor
Ohh man. Flint you burst my bubble. I thought all white people had blonde hair and blue eyes. Now what am I going to do?
Seriously, I looked up some other images of him and to me in some of those photos he could easily pass as black. His father looks as white as me, but you're correct his mother could be hispanic, but some of those other images of him he really looks black. So my point was that if there's no doubt as in what I am, Blonde and blue and even if my wife is a little darker, I would question if my son came out as black as he looks, IN SOME PHOTOS.

What does your wife look like? She could have cheated with another blonde hair blue eyed guy, how would you know then? It’s like what Mike Tiricco’s dad said when he was born: what the hell kinda dago is this?

Jerry Reb

Mentor
To be brutally honest, I've seen fresh-off-the-boat Dominicans who looked whiter than Riley Brown...er, Green. Sorry, that kid ain't one of us. Good news is there are plenty of great young baseball players who are clearly White.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Let’s just move on from this debate. No need to take personal jabs. Carolina Speed is one of the best, well respected, upstanding members on the site. No need to make comments like that.

Flint

Mentor
I’m just kidding around.
Mr. Carolina Speed, I do not mean any disrespect.

I was just hoping for some White bros. on my hometown team which always leans “south of the border”

Another note on Riley Green, his dad is a hitting instructor, how about that for good fortune!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I’m just kidding around.
Mr. Carolina Speed, I do not mean any disrespect.

I was just hoping for some White bros. on my hometown team which always leans “south of the border”

Another note on Riley Green, his dad is a hitting instructor, how about that for good fortune!

No disrespect taken. I meant to post yesterday. I had looked up Green a few weeks ago and I was hoping he was white too. As I said, his father is as white looking as they come. The dark complexion is coming from his mother's side who as you said, looks Hispanic. Also, remember some people are adopting outside their race. I think Aar0n Judges parents are white and he was adopted. I don't think this is the case here, but it happens.

icsept

Master
The Philadelphia Phillies look like a team to watch this year. The Phillies added LF Nick Castellanos and RF/DH Kyle Schwarber. They have an all-White outfield including Mickey Moniak/Matt Vierling in CF and Harper in RF. Matt Bohm 3B and Rhys Hoskins 1B on the corners. And, All-star catcher JT Realmuto. Zach Wheeler and Aaron Nola should be their top two starters.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Philadelphia Phillies look like a team to watch this year. The Phillies added LF Nick Castellanos and RF/DH Kyle Schwarber. They have an all-White outfield including Mickey Moniak/Matt Vierling in CF and Harper in RF. Matt Bohm 3B and Rhys Hoskins 1B on the corners. And, All-star catcher JT Realmuto. Zach Wheeler and Aaron Nola should be their top two starters.

Good stuff @icsept

I didn't realize opening day was today, I thought it was tomorrow. The lockout made me lose interest in doing any sort of preview. Let's try to get a list going!

Also @Carolina Speed was the first person here to mention Bobby Witt Jr last year. Tip of the cap to you sir! Let's hope he wins OROY. It's pure caste BS that he is being moved to 3B though.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Good stuff @icsept

I didn't realize opening day was today, I thought it was tomorrow. The lockout made me lose interest in doing any sort of preview. Let's try to get a list going!

Also @Carolina Speed was the first person here to mention Bobby Witt Jr last year. Tip of the cap to you sir! Let's hope he wins OROY. It's pure caste BS that he is being moved to 3B though.
Thanks Leonardfan.
Speaking of Witt Jr., he made the opening day roster and started at third base, not his natural position, but they had make room for the light hitting SS Mondesi who hit a red hot .230 last season. Witt Jr. the best SS prospect to come along since Trea Turner went 1-4 with a double and an RBI and made contact on every at bat. No strikeouts. Meanwhile Mondesi went 0-3 and two strikeouts. Witt Jr. should be the SS and The Royals should have picked up Story from Colorado. Oh well. Looking forward to following Witt all season.
Thanks icsept for the info. on Philadelphia. Will be following them closely as well. BTW, St Louis looks to be white friendly this year as well with 7-8 whiteys in the starting line
up. They opened up the season by crushing the Pirates today 9-0.
Mike Trout update: he walked in his first AB. Not surprised.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trout with his first HR of the season last night. A 450 ft. blast to CF. He's started a little slow. Hopefully he picks up a soon. Witt jr. also off to a slow start after a great pre-season. He did have a walk off run scoring double in the first game.
Philadelphia looking like the real deal this year.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mets Pete Alonso having a monster day. Hit his second HR and already has 10 RBI.
Tigers rookie 1B Torkelson with his first MLB HR
Austin Meadows hitting .471 for Detroit early.
Dodgers Kershaw with the win today
Muncy, Barnes, and Bellinger with HR's
Cleveland's Miller 2 HR's and hitting .524
Miles Straw leading off for Cleveland batting .360 had 4 hits today. 4 SB's
Royal's heralded rookie Bobby Witt Jr. struggling a bit early after a fantastic pre season.

Flint

Mentor
Can anyone tell me how the Tigers were able to acquire Austin Meadows from Tampa for a back up infielder? The guy has put up a couple of very solid seasons and is young and under contract for a few more years. Why would Tampa give away such young talent?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Can anyone tell me how the Tigers were able to acquire Austin Meadows from Tampa for a back up infielder? The guy has put up a couple of very solid seasons and is young and under contract for a few more years. Why would Tampa give away such young talent?
Afraid he’d walk in a few years, once he wanted to get paid, and they figured they get something in return??? They also have highly regarded Josh Lowe (White) stepping into that spot.

I do however agree they sold way low and Tigers got a steal.