Mitchell Trubisky

I've followed the Bears since '85 , and even though i havn't been big on the nfl for a long time, i still check in on bears news and fan sites now and then. The basic consensus is that the fans are pissed about the trade up to #2 to get Trubisky when they could have drafted Mahomes or Watson.

What they fail to recognize is that the Bears havn't had a decent OL since about 1990. And Very few offensive weapons in that time, plus a history of terrible QB play. Point being, is i don't think ANY QB could prosper in chicago. They've got to fix that OL before any QB can hope to be successful.

As for Mahomes, it seems liek he's a product of the chiefs system and beneficiary of a great OL and great offensive weapons. If the Bears had drafted him, i'd bet he'd have worse numbers than Trubisky.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Trubisky played well in the playoffs. He played better in his 2 playoff appearances than Mahomes did in his 2 Super Bowl appearances.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I'd rather have Trubisky on my team than the racist, black supremacist, sex offending pervert Deshaun Watson.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I'd rather have Trubisky on my team than the racist, black supremacist, sex offending pervert Deshaun Watson.

LOL.. Trubisky still might get the best of this situation in the long run. Watson is having a very public meltdown right now. Couldn't keep it in his pants and now he's paying for it.

NEP01

Guru
It is hilarious that Watson is now without any question a worse draft pick than Trubisky. The Texans are stuck with a 160 million dolllar contract for a clumsy pervert who is also refusing to play for them or even return their calls. Trubisky didn't work out in Chicago for whatever reason, but the Bears were able to easily move on after four years. This reality will never be mentioned by the media, aside from bashing the Bears for taking Trubisky over Mahomes, and letting Watson go down the memory hole.

sprintstar

Mentor
Trubisky is going to rot in Buffalo, he will never become starter there as Allen is far too good.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Trubisky is going to rot in Buffalo, he will never become starter there as Allen is far too good.

It's unlikely Trubisky will beat out Allen. Not because Trubisky was so bad but because Allen is so good. Allen is now an elite quarterback.

Trubisky only signed for one year. A smart team would pick him up after one year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

A year out of the spotlight and being able to develop under competent coaching along with training alongside Josh Allen may be a good thing. Perhaps he can have a Tannehill like resurgence on another team after a year in Buffalo.

Rocky B

Master
A year out of the spotlight and being able to develop under competent coaching along with training alongside Josh Allen may be a good thing. Perhaps he can have a Tannehill like resurgence on another team after a year in Buffalo.

Spot on LF....

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I read an article in the Sun Times that called Trubisky a bust. He's not a bust any more than Mike Mamula was a bust.

Trubisky is one of the 25 best quarterbacks in the league, has decent statistics, 1 pro bowl appearance and made the playoffs 2 out of his four years in the league. He still has upside.

Yet the anti-white media continues the false narrative that he's a bust.

The Hock

Master

Yeah the Tannehill comeback should be an inspiration for any QB who's had a rough start to their career. I wouldn't have be on him to come back the way he has.

Rocky B

Master
I’d take him for Pittsburgh....
Ben will be gone....
We could get Mitch for a few perogies, half a Premanti Bros sandwich and wedding table full of cookies........

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I’d take him for Pittsburgh....
Ben will be gone....
We could get Mitch for a few perogies, half a Premanti Bros sandwich and wedding table full of cookies........

Kolachkes - mmm.

But you're right. a starting caliber quarterback with upside is there for the taking. If not in a trade then as a free agent next year.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
He made an excellent decision heading to Buffalo as a backup. Chicago is imploding, as usual. Their Ohio State black quarterback, is inconsistent and now hurt. Nagy should be fired any day now as well.

Mitch should be able to bounce back in '22 as a QB for somebody! Pittsburgh, Miami, New Orleans(not sure WTF they are doing with Hill. Payton doesn't know either), Denver, Detroit, all possible destinations.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some good news out of the combine - Trubisky is being viewed as a commodity and will probably have a solid market in free agency. Perhaps after seeing Rodent Nagy fail in Chicago this season the rest of the league caught up to what we knew already.

Trubisky is still young, chose a great spot in Buffalo to just be able to continue his development. Lets hope for a Tannehill like resurgence.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Surprisingly, Trubisky is being talked up by some Pittsburgh pundits as an affordable signing to replace Big Ben. Surprising because Pittsburgh ranks with any city when it comes to dislike of White QBs. But then again there's been a large number of other names bandied about as potential Big Ben replacements, like Jimmy G, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Jameis Winston and some others. As it stands, Mason Rudolph remains the current favorite to at least begin the '22 season as the starter.

But Trubisky certainly deserves another shot at starting, or at the least to be the backup with a solid organization with the hope of eventually starting. He'll never start in Buffalo unless Josh Allen is injured.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think Denver would be a great landing spot. He is a little like John Elway with him being a dual threat and it would be a good fit. No on Washington
but Pittsburgh wouldn't be bad if they are patient and let him learn the offense. I have no doubt that Trubisky is a starting quarterback if given a fair
chance. The Bears are just a horrible team and horrible organization. They could ruin almost anyones career.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sounds like the Giants are making a run at him -
Not a good sign for Daniel Jones.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The token fair analyst at Weenieworld must be working today as this blurb acknowledges why Trubisky and Jones have struggled rather than just ritually slamming them as busts. Both can blossom like Ryan Tannehill and Jared Goff did after they were traded and got a capable head coach respectively:

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports that if the Giants sign Mitchell Trubisky it would likely lead to an outright quarterback competition.
Ranaan reports that if the Giants sign Trubisky, "it would be with the intention of pushing incumbent Daniel Jones," and a plan of letting "the best quarterback throughout the spring and summer win." Trubisky played under Brian Daboll in 2021, backing up Josh Allen, and would have a leg up on Jones in terms of his knowledge of the offense. It's also plausible Trubisky is the more talented of the two, although that is a genuinely murky question given how sub-optimal the situations were for both quarterbacks to start their careers. Trubisky still has to decide on his landing spot in free agency, but it seems crystal clear that signing with the Giants will give him the best path to becoming a starter again.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The token fair analyst at Weenieworld must be working today as this blurb acknowledges why Trubisky and Jones have struggled rather than just ritually slamming them as busts. Both can blossom like Ryan Tannehill and Jared Goff did after they were traded and got a capable head coach respectively:

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports that if the Giants sign Mitchell Trubisky it would likely lead to an outright quarterback competition.
Ranaan reports that if the Giants sign Trubisky, "it would be with the intention of pushing incumbent Daniel Jones," and a plan of letting "the best quarterback throughout the spring and summer win." Trubisky played under Brian Daboll in 2021, backing up Josh Allen, and would have a leg up on Jones in terms of his knowledge of the offense. It's also plausible Trubisky is the more talented of the two, although that is a genuinely murky question given how sub-optimal the situations were for both quarterbacks to start their careers. Trubisky still has to decide on his landing spot in free agency, but it seems crystal clear that signing with the Giants will give him the best path to becoming a starter again.

I don't want this to happen. Daniel Jones in my opinion has the skills to be similar to Josh Allen. I'm not saying he will ever be that good but he has similar tools. After
Josh Allen and L.Jacksopn I would say Jones is in the same category as a runner. The guy is so athletic. He needs the Giants to believe in him. Have the right quarterback
coach and O. Coordinator. After that just get some playmakers around him. I don't wnat Trubisky to go there as again it's white on white crime. We need our guys more
spread out throughout the NFL. Especially our most athletic dual threat quarterbacks. I'm hoping both of these guys end up being starters for different teams!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want this to happen. Daniel Jones in my opinion has the skills to be similar to Josh Allen. I'm not saying he will ever be that good but he has similar tools. After
Josh Allen and L.Jacksopn I would say Jones is in the same category as a runner. The guy is so athletic. He needs the Giants to believe in him. Have the right quarterback
coach and O. Coordinator. After that just get some playmakers around him. I don't wnat Trubisky to go there as again it's white on white crime. We need our guys more
spread out throughout the NFL. Especially our most athletic dual threat quarterbacks. I'm hoping both of these guys end up being starters for different teams!

I agree but both are still young enough to eventually be starters on different teams. If the Giants sign Trubisky and he wins the starting job, Jones should be able to leave after the '22 season as his rookie deal will be up and the Giants will be unlikely to resign him. This may be Trubisky's last chance to be a starter, while Jones still has time even if it isn't with the Giants. Trubisky is 27 while Jones is still just 24.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a piece today advocating that the Steelers go after Trubisky, while acknowledging the Giants as the front-runners. If Pitt signs him it eliminates the Trubisky-Jones competition, but would work against Mason Rudolph.

Rudolph has mostly had spot duty in his first three seasons, usually under disadvantageous circumstances and most of it in his rookie season, so it's hard to know if he can be an adequate starter or not. The Steelers DWFs mostly despise him but that's par for the course when it comes to White QBs in Pittsburgh. I'd rather see Rudolph be the odd man out between the three of them if it comes to that, which may be unfair to Rudolph, who for a while was projected to be a first round pick before falling all the way to the third round.