Miscellaneous Mixed Martial Arts News

Arerequired

Mentor
Aaron Bronsteter on Twitter: "Per Dana White, Francis Ngannou vs. Derrick Lewis is being targeted for this summer. Earlier today, he gave me an update on where the promotion stood with Jon Jones. Full interview: https://t.co/7HQ2SihfW9 https://t.co/JfEZsef7hx" / Twitter

Derrick Lewis Vs. Ngannou rematch for the summer, shows you how weak HW is, the first fight was a boring stare-fest which is often the case with these exciting-on-paper matchups.

---

Anyways, Stipe is planning to put on 15 or 20 pounds to get to around 250 lbs for the Ngannou rematch, hopefully he doesn't make the mistake of accepting a small octagon either. I think Ngannou's strength/size/mass was too much of a problem since he was cutting down to HW while Stipe was a "mere" 234/5 lbs, not allowing Stipe to hold him down efficiently even with superior wrestling skill. Stipe is getting long in the tooth and taken a lot of damage so I don't know how much longer he can hang.

Stipe Miocic: I’m going to gain 20 pounds for Francis Ngannou rematch

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
Alana McLaughlin: “I want to pick up the mantle that Fallon put down”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...ntle-that-fallon-put-down-e2-80-9d/ar-AAMKNn8

I am not sure if I should put this in the "We are Living in a Cartoon" thread or here, either works I guess.

The sequel to the Fallon Fox catastrophe that caused Joe Rogan to come under fire for calling him "a f-cking man", I doubt Joe Rogan would say something like this again as that was back in 2013, in an interview during the same year one of the best Welterweights ever Matt Hughes called Fallon Fox "it".

How things have changed in 8 years, I can pin it all changing during the summer of 2015 when Bruce Jenner changed his name to Caitlyn Jenner.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Amazing to see The Last Emperor still knocking guys out! Johnson was on a tear through Bellator before this.

sprintstar

Mentor
Actually I am quite interested to see how Holm fights, she is nearing the end of her career at age 40 and needs to surge now to get another title shot. Parker Porter has been doing well since his loss to Daukhaus a few years ago, he is in against a much lighter opponent who has a 3+ inch reach advantage, Porter is not a real KO threat but is strong on the ground which bodes well for a submission or a decision win.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Actually I am quite interested to see how Holm fights, she is nearing the end of her career at age 40 and needs to surge now to get another title shot. Parker Porter has been doing well since his loss to Daukhaus a few years ago, he is in against a much lighter opponent who has a 3+ inch reach advantage, Porter is not a real KO threat but is strong on the ground which bodes well for a submission or a decision win.
She's been angling for probably a cash out fight in boxing against I presume Taylor. Either way she's on her last legs as a professional fighter, even with the less depth in women's combat sports.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Came across this Russian Sergei Pavlovich. He fights tomorrow - very impressive fighter

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ran across this today:

Arerequired

Mentor
Mike Perry Vs. Luke Rockhold BKFC match coming up tomorrow, a lot of publicity for it unexpectedly, probably ends in a violent knockout either way.

sprintstar

Mentor
Rockhold should retire from any type of fighting as his chin is weak and if he gets touched he will drop.....plus he appears to be quite a scumbag with women....