Miscellaneous Boxing News

Truthman

Guru
ESPN are very anti white, and American biased

Their list is pathetic of ' Boxing's top 25 under 25; Meet the stars of the future
is vast majority american, vast majority Black or brown hispanic guys. They've only put 2 whites in there Lee Mcgregor and Terri Harper lol.

There's not one single fighter from a ex soviet union country on there!!

Sunny Edwards (GB) age 25, is a current world champion who just schooled the number 1 in his division, Unbelievable that he's not there, he should be right at the top.
Albert Batyrgaziev (Russia), age 23, Olympic Gold Medalist and one of the stand out performers of the whole Games is laughably not included.
Aaron Mckenna (Ireland) age 22, Dennis Mccann (GB) age 20, Paddy Donovan (Ireland) age 22, Sadriddin Akhmedov (Kazakhstan) age 23, Shakhabas Makhmudov (Russia) age 24, should also be included!

Last edited:
While that is the old one from last year the new one from ESPN is just as bad. With way more Hispanics and even a few asians. Daniel Dubois is still on it. And a new American heavyweight is also on it Jared Anderson. Who has a decent resume so far. I was very surprised they included Lee McGregor. Another Scottish phenomenon.

Truthman

Guru
While that is the old one from last year the new one from ESPN is just as bad. With way more Hispanics and even a few asians. Daniel Dubois is still on it. And a new American heavyweight is also on it Jared Anderson. Who has a decent resume so far. I was very surprised they included Lee McGregor. Another Scottish phenomenon.

oh thanks I got mixed up then. I saw the this years list in october, then just got up the wrong old link by mistake now.

They are so biased and ignorant it's ******* unreal lol, Definitely have an agenda.

With how much of an impact ex Soviet Union countries have had on the sport in recent years in the pros,..and they don't even include a single one! and how good white brits have been, yet only one!

Daniel Dubois LOL. and Edgar Berlanga looks awful. We'll see how good this Sebastien Fundora kid is when he faces Sergio Garcia of Spain in December and probably loses.
Keyshawn Davis being on the list after just 3 fights yet no Artur Batyrgaziev who won an Olympic Gold! Jared Anderson is the new Great Black Hope.

oh thanks I got mixed up then. I saw the this years list in october, then just got up the wrong old link by mistake now.

They are so biased and ignorant it's ******* unreal lol, Definitely have an agenda.

With how much of an impact ex Soviet Union countries have had on the sport in recent years in the pros,..and they don't even include a single one! and how good white brits have been, yet only one!

Daniel Dubois LOL. and Edgar Berlanga looks awful. We'll see how good this Sebastien Fundora kid is when he faces Sergio Garcia of Spain in December and probably loses.
Keyshawn Davis being on the list after just 3 fights yet no Artur Batyrgaziev who won an Olympic Gold! Jared Anderson is the new Great Black Hope.

You can go to the very bottom of the article to see who voted on who. The only names i recognized is Timothy Bradley jr, and Coppinger.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Upset special Kiko Martinez snagged the IBF featherweight belt with an explosive mid rounds knockout of heavily favored British fighter "Kid Galahad". Ghalad had problems making weight and looked drawn and gaunt at the weigh in and probably lost some punch resistance after draining himself.

Martinez really hasn't been much of a factor on the world scene since he lost his title to Carl Frampton 7 long years ago, he should at least get a lucrative rematch with Galahad but Galahad's team may think that making 126 isn't safe for their fighter anymore. There is also a possible rematch with Gary Russell Jr, who also beat Martinez a few years ago in a featherweight title bout.

Truthman

Guru
Upset special Kiko Martinez snagged the IBF featherweight belt with an explosive mid rounds knockout of heavily favored British fighter "Kid Galahad". Ghalad had problems making weight and looked drawn and gaunt at the weigh in and probably lost some punch resistance after draining himself.

Martinez really hasn't been much of a factor on the world scene since he lost his title to Carl Frampton 7 long years ago, he should at least get a lucrative rematch with Galahad but Galahad's team may think that making 126 isn't safe for their fighter anymore. There is also a possible rematch with Gary Russell Jr, who also beat Martinez a few years ago in a featherweight title bout.

hahaha

Ped cheat Galahad was always a mediocre fighter. No surprise he's packing glass as that's the norm for fighters of where he descends from. That's why his record has been so padded.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...ght-illunga-junior-makabu-cruiserweight-titleAlvarez is going to fight at cruiserweight in his next fight against a fairly obscure African champion. On the surface PEDnelo against a legitimate cruiserweight seems crazy but the WBC mandated that cruiserweight reduce the maximum weight to the old 190 pound limt and Alvarez probably entered the ring against Plant at 185+ pounds so if he has a maximum hydration clause hindering the paper champion Alvarez should be a healthy betting favorite.

At this point if Alvarez says jump an obscure paper champion says how high as they will have a personal record purse to fight Alvarez. I wonder what crazy regiment PEDnelo will be on to face Makabu. Obviously Alvarez won't face any long and tall cruiserweight who can weigh in at 200 pounds and blow up to 215 pounds or so ie a pro Felix Savon type or even Wilder in a catch weight bout at 200 who could easily cut to that weight on a tight diet.

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...ght-illunga-junior-makabu-cruiserweight-titleAlvarez is going to fight at cruiserweight in his next fight against a fairly obscure African champion. On the surface PEDnelo against a legitimate cruiserweight seems crazy but the WBC mandated that cruiserweight reduce the maximum weight to the old 190 pound limt and Alvarez probably entered the ring against Plant at 185+ pounds so if he has a maximum hydration clause hindering the paper champion Alvarez should be a healthy betting favorite.

At this point if Alvarez says jump obscure paper champions say how high as they will have a personal record purse to fight Alvarez. I wonder what crazy regiment PEDnelo will be on to face Makabu. Obviously Alvarez won't face any long and tall cruiserweight who can weigh in at 200 pounds and blow up to 215 pounds or so ie a pro Felix Savon type or even Wilder in a catch weight bout at 200 who could easily cut to that weight on a tight diet.

I could imagine it looking like the Kovalev fight, the hard puncher suddenly won't punch and will get walked down. But Makabu is no Kovalev and is short for a CW so Canelo should beat him no matter what.

Truthman

Guru
Mourad Aliev makes his pro debut tonight. Represents France, was born in Russia. A good heavyweight who was harshly DQ'd in the Olympics quarter finals .

white is right

Hall of Famer
Demsey McKean is an Aussie boxing prospect who looks like he has potential. Unlike Lucas Browne he has decent amateur background and has time to rebound from a build up loss. He blew out a fat weeble wobble on the undercard of Andrade vs Quigley. Here's the fight courtesy of DAZN...

PS Andrade vs Quigley was a blowout as Quigley was never in the fight and didn't have the fire power to go to war with "Boo Boo". Andrade has been talked about as an opponent for Golovkin and has begged Alvarez for a fight. I know prime Golovkin would probably blow out Boo Boo or at least beat him similar to Jacobs but a 40 year old GGG might struggle with a good fighter a decade younger than him.

Arerequired

Mentor
I bet all the anti-whites who were talking trash when Teo got a decision over Loma will slink away now, Kambosos SD.
Teo was also basically the only dominant Mexican fighter aside from the suspiciously pale Canelo.

This grants credence to the theory that something was off with Loma in that fight.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
And the NEWWWW unified lightweight champion.... George Kambosos Jr. just won a hard fought split decision over the ill prepared Lopez who looked to blow out the unknown Greek-Australian fighter. Kambosos dropped an arrogant Lopez in the first and then out boxed him in the early rounds. Lopez seemed to fight his way back in the second half of the fight and even violently dropped Kambosos Jr in the 10th . Kambosos then swept the next 2 rounds.https://fightnews.com/upset-kambosos-takes-down-the-takeover/124816

white is right

Hall of Famer
I bet all the anti-whites who were talking trash when Teo got a decision over Loma will slink away now, Kambosos SD.
Teo was also basically the only dominant Mexican fighter aside from the suspiciously pale Canelo.

This puts creedence to the theory that something was off with Loma in that fight.
Lopez isn't ethnic Mexican he is of Honduran origins but really that's simplistic as his father's father was a Spaniard.

Arerequired

Mentor
Oh yeah, forgot, white/European hostile black/Mexican contingent were behind him though.

Yes he was incredibly overconfident. Punched himself out twice in the fight.

Father was also telling sweet lies and making him complacent. Someone just threw a wrench into the "4 kings" hype.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Oh yeah, forgot, white/European hostile black/Mexican contingent were behind him though.

Yes he was incredibly overconfident. Punched himself out twice in the fight.

Father was also telling sweet lies and making him complacent. Someone just threw a wrench into the "4 kings" hype.
At the end of the day how you handle a loss tells more about you than class and comportment when you win. Lopez was delusional when he stated he won 10 rounds at best it was a draw, but the Kambosos tight victory cards make the most sense to me.

Contrast Lopez's classless complaining to Mannee's classy non complaints when he was robbed a few times and you can see the difference between the Brooklyn street hoodlum attitude of "the Takeover" and a true class act.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Trey Lippe Morrison has a do or die fight tomorrow against "former" NFL player against Mike Balogun. I never heard of Balogun before as either a football player or a boxer and his NFL career might be more distinguished than his boxing career and he only played 2 NFL games with the Bills close to a decade ago. Balogun is only about 6' and is pretty heavyset at 235 and change so he should be a guy Trey should be able to find easy and even box from the outside. It's the kind of fight Morrison needs to look good in so that he can step up to even a faded name opponent or a prospect battle like we saw on the under card of Fury vs Wilder III.

Note this card maybe hard to find as it's a Triller 2 dollar PPV on FITE. I have a pretty decent gray market internet cable deal and I don't think I will be able to find this fight card tomorrow. As far as I know Morrison is the only White prospect on this card. Arias I think is a journeyman White Brazilian...https://fightnews.com/trillerverz-iv-weights-from-nyc/124990

white is right

Hall of Famer
Trey Lippe Morrison has a do or die fight tomorrow against "former" NFL player against Mike Balogun. I never heard of Balogun before as either a football player or a boxer and his NFL career might be more distinguished than his boxing career and he only played 2 NFL games with the Bills close to a decade ago. Balogun is only about 6' and is pretty heavyset at 235 and change so he should be a guy Trey should be able to find easy and even box from the outside. It's the kind of fight Morrison needs to look good in so that he can step up to even a faded name opponent or a prospect battle like we saw on the under card of Fury vs Wilder III.

Note this card maybe hard to find as it's a Triller 2 dollar PPV on FITE. I have a pretty decent gray market internet cable deal and I don't think I will be able to find this fight card tomorrow. As far as I know Morrison is the only White prospect on this card. Arias I think is a journeyman White Brazilian...https://fightnews.com/trillerverz-iv-weights-from-nyc/124990
Lippe Morrison was exposed last night with a first round knockout against Balogun. Morrison reached for Balogun and badly missed. Balogun landed a straight right and dropped Morrison violently he rose with a glassy eyed look and then was trapped along the ropes similar to his father against Mercer in their WBO title fight in 91'. Morrison was given a count because the ropes held him up and then the referee rightfully stopped the fight as he was too glassy eyed to continue.

Where Morrison goes from here is anybody's guess as this was a winnable fight against a 38 year old semi novice fighter, While Balogun has pop in his punches a 6' heavyweight needs to be close to sensational to make it to the top of the division dominated by 6'4"+ giants and I don't see that from this performance.

Note Arias isn't the journeyman I remembered he is an Afro-Dominican prospect who is himself around 6' himself. Here's the fight...

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's some weak **** from Trey !

It's so weird how some people have a chin and others don't. This applies to all ethinicities. I've seen so many boxers of every
color that couldn't take a punch. So why get into boxing I've always thought. It doesn't matter how good you are on offense if
you have no defense and can't take a hit. Had hopes for Morrison but he will probably end up being a journeyman. With his name
he should still make a good amount of money as everyone loved Tommy "The Duke" Morrison!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was waiting for Area Required for mentioning last weekends fights of White prospects and contenders, but here goes. Filip Hrgovic was back in action on Saturday and beat an undefeated German based fellow Balkan. Aside from fighting heart his opponent didn't deserve to be fighting possible the most dangerous ranked contender that hasn't fought a universally ranked top 10 fighter. Hearn has complained that nobody will fight Hrgovic, but Lucas Browne won during the same week against an Australian based Samoan who was the former Australian champion. He was supposed to fight in England against Babic but he had vaccine or visa issues and the fight was cancelled.

This fight seems as a natural keep busy fight for Hrgovic in early 2022.

On Sunday perennial contender Sergiy Derevyanchenko seemed to get old over night as he lost to a decent junior middleweight in Adames but it seemed like the best of the "mechanic" should have been too much for Adames. It will be a tough road back for the Mechanic and he may drift down to a high end gatekeeper if he decides to fight on.

Also in a WBC 154 pound eliminator obscure top 10 Spaniard Sergio Garcia(not the golfer) fought circus freak Sebastian Fundora and had problems with the extremely long contender. At times he was able to get inside and work the body and head of the 6'6" contender but he mostly ate jabs and crosses and was frustrated most of the fight. Fundora will eventually crash similar to the Hindenburg as no man that tall can take much pounding to the head or the body with spindly legs and an underdeveloped neck like he has.

PS the Davis vs Cruz fight wasn't the mismatch like pundits figured and Davis labored to tight decision over him. Team Gayfeather claim Davis is the A side but Kambosos has the power by possessing the 4 legitimate belts while Davis is only a secondary belt holder who fights in the PBC bubble.