Miscellaneous Boxing News

Arerequired

Mentor
Sunny Edwards Fights Moruti Mthalane today.

Big day for boxing tomorrow, Chisora Vs. Parker and Ruiz Vs. Arreola this Saturday in boxing if anyone is interested since there is nothing relevant to us from a CF perspective.

Bivol fights also tomorrow, forgot to mention.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Sunny Edwards Fights Moruti Mthalane today.

Big day for boxing tomorrow, Chisora Vs. Parker and Ruiz Vs. Arreola this Saturday in boxing if anyone is interested since there is nothing relevant to us from a CF perspective.

Bivol fights also tomorrow, forgot to mention.
You also have Lara vs Lamanna on the free side of Fox before the Mexican fiesta PPV. Cornflake Lamanna is a very long shot of 23 to 1 so he should get out boxed.

A few posters regard Ruiz as White with a small amount of Native ancestry(I tend to fall into this camp).

Katie Taylor also fights tomorrow on the Parker vs Chisora fight.

PS Parker is only around a 8 to 5 favorite to beat Chisora who hasn't won a big fight in years. Chisora gives a good fight and comes close but in the end he has been found wanting against top 10 fighters.

Arerequired

Mentor
You also have Lara vs Lamanna on the free side of Fox before the Mexican fiesta PPV. Cornflake Lamanna is a very long shot of 23 to 1 so he should get out boxed.

A few posters regard Ruiz as White with a small amount of Native ancestry(I tend to fall into this camp).

Katie Taylor also fights tomorrow on the Parker vs Chisora fight.

PS Parker is only around a 8 to 5 favorite to beat Chisora who hasn't won a big fight in years. Chisora gives a good fight and comes close but in the end he has been found wanting against top 10 fighters.

You could very well be correct with Ruiz, though he looks somewhat Mestizo facially (being chubby may exaggerate it) and isn't typically perceived as white even by non-Mexicans so I classified him as nonwhite.

I haven't heard of LaManna, but he seems to be a white American, Erislandy was last seen fighting a very tough but green Greg Vendetti who was not on his level.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Andy Ruiz will destroy Arreola tomorrow night. He is down to 255 lbs from the fat slob condition he showed up on the second Joshua fight. If wins in devastation fashion, he will in the top 3 heavyweights in the World. BTW, he appears to look more Spaniard than native Mexican. I can not see this fight going more that 7 rounds without the towel being thrown in to save Chris.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Crackstreams.com has been working like a champ for me over the past six months in watching PPV fights BTW.

Arerequired

Mentor
Crackstreams.com has been working like a champ for me over the past six months in watching PPV fights BTW.

Yeah that's my site of choice as well, they have many different domains under different TLDs so if one doesn't work well you can use another.

Especially if you have objections to supporting certain companies such as the UFC and it's
favoristic treatment/fetishism of blacks, ill-treatment of many European fighters, selective recruitment etc...

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Andy Ruiz will destroy Arreola tomorrow night. He is down to 255 lbs from the fat slob condition he showed up on the second Joshua fight. If wins in devastation fashion, he will in the top 3 heavyweights in the World. BTW, he appears to look more Spaniard than native Mexican. I can not see this fight going more that 7 rounds without the towel being thrown in to save Chris.
I see the fight similarly, I'm not even sure the prime Arreola of around 08' to 09' would do much with Ruiz, but Chris should get beaten to a pulp, similar to the Wilder loss.

PS, Sunny Edwards is the new IBF flyweight champion, he joins his brother as flyweight champion, he clearly dominated but poor referee Ian John Lewis had it 115-113. The South African was as old as dirt at 38 going on 39 which is the equivalent of 48 going on 49 at heavyweight.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Bivol had to fight a black "English" fighter who did not come to lay down. It was competitive. But there are levels at the elite level. Bivol two levels ahead. He is small Lightheavy weight. He would be a terror at 168 lbs IMO. Unfortunately the cash cow Canelo will not take the risk and rightfully so.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ruiz had a little wake-up call in the 2nd with Chris dropping him. But he adjusted and won the majority of the rounds. I think if he comes in at 245 lbs that will be his ideal weight, in terms of footwork and explosiveness. Chris did give a great effort. Father time knocking at his door.

Arerequired

Mentor
Didn't get to catch the Ruiz fight as it overlapped with the UFC's main event, but it's an expected outcome. Parker apparently only won a controversial split decision against Chisora which increases the stock of Usyk's UD win, would still be worried about his power and punch resistance against very big or powerful HWs, Usyk seemed to hurt Chisora a few times in that fight.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ruiz had a little wake-up call in the 2nd with Chris dropping him. But he adjusted and won the majority of the rounds. I think if he comes in at 245 lbs that will be his ideal weight, in terms of footwork and explosiveness. Chris did give a great effort. Father time knocking at his door.
I thought it was a tough night at the office for Ruiz as he got dropped and rocked repeatedly in the first 3 rounds but after that he slowly took control as Chris couldn't really trade with Ruiz as he had the slower hands but he was disciplined counter punching between Ruiz bursts. After the wing injury from a punch the fight was all but over as Arreola couldn't gauge distance with his right to land on Ruiz with the maximum force.

As for the other fights Corn flake fought like the soggy corn flake at the bottom of your breakfast cereal bowl and was ko'd badly in the first round.

Katie Taylor pounded out a hard fought decision over a British Mulatto amateur rival and I saw the Parker vs Chisora fight and Parker looks like he peaked out years ago and is what he is but he won't be a serious challenger against whomever is the lineal champion after the dust clears with the Fury vs Joshua showdowns.

white is right

Hall of Famer
On the under card of the Haney vs Linares title fight Jason Quigley earned a tight unanimous decision over Shane Mosley jr. Quigley has been talked about as a potential opponent for WBO champion Andrade. Mosley Jr. needs to retire as he just can't win against even fringe contenders. For the money he is making it's not worth chasing the elusive dream.

Jorge Linares lost a narrow decision to the hyped Haney and had him wobbling back to his corner at the end of the 10th round but didn't pounce on him in the 11th round and the moment was lost. After this fight you saw why Haney's team never pressed for their mandatory shot against Loma.

PS Nonito Donaire won the WBA bantamweight belt at 38 and the broadcasters brought up Brady and Lefty, Donaire talked about the power of positive thinking and clean living allowing his aging like a fine wine. He talked about looking for a rematch against Monster Inoue.

I guess after that win he can dream of slaying monsters...

Westside

Hall of Famer
On the under card of the Haney vs Linares title fight Jason Quigley earned a tight unanimous decision over Shane Mosley jr. Quigley has been talked about as a potential opponent for WBO champion Andrade. Mosley Jr. needs to retire as he just can't win against even fringe contenders. For the money he is making it's not worth chasing the elusive dream.

Jorge Linares lost a narrow decision to the hyped Haney and had him wobbling back to his corner at the end of the 10th round but didn't pounce on him in the 11th round and the moment was lost. After this fight you saw why Haney's team never pressed for their mandatory shot against Loma.

PS Nonito Donaire won the WBA bantamweight belt at 38 and the broadcasters brought up Brady and Lefty, Donaire talked about the power of positive thinking and clean living allowing his aging like a fine wine. He talked about looking for a rematch against Monster Inoue.

I guess after that win he can dream of slaying monsters...
Linares had a chance to end the fight against Haney in the 11th, but allowed Haney to hold on for dear life without punching or putting distance so that he could land the "kill shot." Maybe Linares was tired, but oh so close to ridding us of another black hype job. Congrats to Donaire, that was an epic stoppage by him against a good fighter. Sets up a
"monster payday" in a rematch with the Monster Inoue. That first fight between them was a life-and-death struggle. I think it took a lot out of Inoue who got the deserved win but at a cost.

Westside

Hall of Famer
This Logan vs Mayweather exhibition should be intriguing. With Logan's size and length, if he has basic boxing skills, which he does, it should be easy to keep an old Mayweather at bay, and just launch short shots as he comes in. Crackstreams.com is where I will watch it for free.

DWF Upside

Mentor
This Logan vs Mayweather exhibition should be intriguing. With Logan's size and length, if he has basic boxing skills, which he does, it should be easy to keep an old Mayweather at bay, and just launch short shots as he comes in. Crackstreams.com is where I will watch it for free.

This might be rigged either way, but I think Paul gets knocked out later in the fight. The interesting part to me will be how long Mayweather has to run around and slapfight before this happens. The other brother would have a better chance but this one is damn near heavyweight size right now. Just an absolute huge size difference that Mayweather will clearly avoid at all cost. My hope is that its a tiny ring and Paul goes straight for the kill bull rush style, bodies him up and lands something big. This is at least a possibility. You take the greatest 155 LB wrestler on earth and throw him against a slightly less than garbage capable Average Joe competitor 55 Lbs heavier im taking the Average Joe everyday and twice on Sundays. People completely fail to understand the importance of size.

Arerequired

Mentor
Dubois Vs. Dinu tommorrow, not sure if Dinu is on the same level since I have not watched him so it may be a pick me up for Dubois, its for the WBA interim Heavyweight title.

Lemieux returns today against Peruvian David Zegarra.

white is right

Hall of Famer
This might be rigged either way, but I think Paul gets knocked out later in the fight. The interesting part to me will be how long Mayweather has to run around and slapfight before this happens. The other brother would have a better chance but this one is damn near heavyweight size right now. Just an absolute huge size difference that Mayweather will clearly avoid at all cost. My hope is that its a tiny ring and Paul goes straight for the kill bull rush style, bodies him up and lands something big. This is at least a possibility. You take the greatest 155 LB wrestler on earth and throw him against a slightly less than garbage capable Average Joe competitor 55 Lbs heavier im taking the Average Joe everyday and twice on Sundays. People completely fail to understand the importance of size.
In theory the older Paul should be able to rough up Mayweather, but he is or at least was very mediocre the last time he fought a fellow novice boxer who was much smaller than him. Paul was able to tag and stun him but he had gas tank issues and was stunned himself when he faded after trying for the ko.

I can see Mayweather running like a chicken and attacking the fading Paul after the 2nd round and possibly stopping him or Paul's corner not letting him out for a beating after Mayweather did a heavy bag routine on him. Here's Paul's fight against KSI...

PS if Paul was allowed to lean on Mayweather and fight a dirty boxing style against Mayweather he would have a chance to win or even go the distance, but Mayweather and his team will have the referee strictly enforcing the rules.

DWF Upside

Mentor
Yep, that wasnt very impressive. He got bullied in the clinch by that guy several times, which should have been the other way around. He’s a good athlete with decent power, maybe if he committed to serious training there is at least potential there. But without that aggressive killer instinct this could be embarrassing. He didnt use his size to his advantage against a scrub he wont figure it out against an actual boxer.

chris371

Mentor
Ive been boxing a few years. When we spar, we dont weigh in. Im 6-5, 230 lbs and have sparred with lightweights, cos not every HW is there every Session. Ive lost sparring matches against crafty lightweights lots of times. Ive seen big newbies spar smaller guys and get cracked hard too.
One thing ive learned in boxing is respect. Non fighters are very quick to disrespect someone for their size.

Arerequired

Mentor
It's an uphill battle for Jake I'm afraid, and likely fixed. It would be comical if Jake managed to land something big and put his lights outs for one of the biggest upsets ever but I am not confident.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Logan looks to be in shape! As I said, a guy with basic boxing skills with size and length can keep a smaller older boxer at bay using a nice jab. But does he have the stamina to do it? We shall see.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Dubois Vs. Dinu tommorrow, not sure if Dinu is on the same level since I have not watched him so it may be a pick me up for Dubois, its for the WBA interim Heavyweight title.

Lemieux returns today against Peruvian David Zegarra.
You snooze you lose as Dubois mowed down the frozen Dinu. John Rawlings had a hint that the fight could be a mismatch when he referred to Dinu's high ranking with the WBA being too highly ranked by some people(Supposedly he was considered as a Wilder comeback opponent). This fight was over a few seconds into the 2nd round, lets hope that Logan Paul doesn't freeze like the more experienced Dinu did this afternoon...

Westside

Hall of Famer
WIS, I do not think Dinu froze. He just got caught hard. To Dubois's credit, he looked determined and not tentative.

Westside

Hall of Famer
David Lemieux got a nice TKO in the 2nd round on Friday. I believe he fought at 168 lbs. He did not look bloated. But if he thinks he can beat the elite at 168 lbs he is mistaken. He should stay at 160 lbs. where he would have a chance against the elite with his power. This nonsense about him no longer able to make 160 lbs is bunk. I suspect he has no discipline in his diet when not fighting.

Phil

Guru
It's an uphill battle for Jake I'm afraid, and likely fixed. It would be comical if Jake managed to land something big and put his lights outs for one of the biggest upsets ever but I am not confident.

There is no need to fix this fight. The skill and knowledge level is so vast. Mayweather is a PhD in boxing. Logan Paul is at elementary level in boxing. Barring some freak punch from Logan, it will be any easy win for Mayweather. How is a fight like this even allowed?

Mayweather has played in organized pickup basketball games. So imagine Mayweather as the starting guard in the NBA playoffs. It would get ugly real fast for Mayweather. It will be the same for Logan Paul when Paul fights a top level pro boxer.

And I'm rooting for Logan Paul.