Minnesota Vikings General Thread

Jerry Reb

Mentor
LOL. As if the Rooney Rule isn't enough. We'll soon have a Hillary Rule for female GMs, a Rainbow Rule for homosexuals, a Jenner Rule for trannies...Inclusion! Yay! Unless you're a straight White man, because "inclusion" doesn't include YOU.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is an ominous sign that the Vikings' days of being relatively White friendly are likely over post-Mike Zimmer. Grigson was quite the Caste Clown when he was with the Colts, but being a Caste Clown is an advantage in the NFL when it comes to hiring:

Vikings hired former Colts general manager Ryan Grigson for a senior role in the football personnel department. Grigson spent the last two seasons as an advisor for the Browns, overlapping with new Vikings general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. Grigson's stint as the Colts general manager was marked by poor draft selections and a lack of cohesion with coach Chuck Pagano. Grigson clearly has a better working relationship with Adofo-Mensah and is expected to have an important role within the Vikings' new front office.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Grigson was the one responsible for Andrew Luck retiring early due to his inability to build a team around him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Adam Thielen may be traded according to this article. I've also read various rumors that Harrison Smith may be traded or cut. The post-Zimmer era is likely to be considerably different than what we've been used to seeing in recent years. Looks like one less team to root for, and there weren't many left.

The Vikings Need to Be Aggressive Next Week

Jason La Canfora reported that Vikings were shopping Adam Thielen, Dalvin Cook, Michael Pierce, and Erik Kendricks. The purpose of moving on from these players is to dump salary. The Vikings appear to desire a roster reset and set themselves up for the future.

full article: https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/the-vikings-need-to-be-aggressive-next-week

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Adam Thielen may be traded according to this article. I've also read various rumors that Harrison Smith may be traded or cut. The post-Zimmer era is likely to be considerably different than what we've been used to seeing in recent years. Looks like one less team to root for, and there weren't many left.

Jason La Canfora reported that Vikings were shopping Adam Thielen, Dalvin Cook, Michael Pierce, and Erik Kendricks. The purpose of moving on from these players is to dump salary. The Vikings appear to desire a roster reset and set themselves up for the future.

full article: https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/the-vikings-need-to-be-aggressive-next-week

Some how and some way I hope this doesn't happen. I would like to see this great group of guys have one more chance to make a run at the playoffs and a potential
super bowl. Even Kirk Cousins will probably by shopped around soon with him being in his mid 30's. Let's see what happens but this makes me sad.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer

Disappointing but not surprising. They appear to be shopping him heavily and want to get out from under his salary. I get it.

Thielen is one of my favorite players over the years but if he lands with a "team to root for" then all the better. It looks like the Cousins to Thielen era has basically come to an end. They had some great plays and great stats but not so great success. I had the highest hopes for them this past season and was let down again and again by all the close games the team as a whole lost but could/should have won. Winning close games is a mark of what separates good teams from not so good ones. I understand bad breaks and bad luck, but it was happening too often this year.

I'm almost fully done with the NFL unless someone like Buffalo gets CMac and Gronk, making them worth really following. This whole league of woke, anti-White, Black worship, slap on the wrist to thugs like Watson yesterday has almost made me turn the corner permanently and move on. Please understand I have nothing but respect to you guys who want to stay following it and cheering our guys on. They need our support in the world of odds against them...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Vikings signed former Bills DT Harrison Phillips. It's too bad he left Buffalo.

Wow so the Vikings have three pale faces on dline (barring they cut one of them) James lynch and Phillips at dt. And Kenny wilikes at DE. I wonder if they stick with their 4-3 formation or switch to 3-4

I don't know how much has been posted on caste about Thomas Hennigan but I really like this kid. Last year not once but TWICE made ESPN's top ten plays of the day. He is very fast ( at least straight line ) and I truly think he runs better after than the catch than Jordy Nelson or Cooper Kupp. With Jefferson emerging and Thielen's career waning I don't doubt Thielen originally makes the practice squad and within 3 seasons will turn into a more dangerous receiver than Hennigan and that is saying a lot. This kid is really good.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Lol he's good but not better than Jordy or Kupp after the catch. C'mon man!

I respect your opinion sir but he is really Todd Kinchenesque. Growing up every white wr was referred as a possession receiver. It was guys like Todd Kinchen and Joe Jurvicious that started to break the stereotype for me. I know Jordy and Kupp are great but this kid if he gets a chance is going to be special. Hennigan had to wait 5 years for coaches to " recognize " his talent. :(

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I hope you're right! Big fan of Hennigan. Vikes have kept White WRs around in recent years but injury bug has been keeping them down, minus Thielen.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Dean Lowry defensive tackle has signed 2 year 8.5 million to the Vikings
Assuming Rodgers is gone, will the Packers have any White players left?

The Vikings seem to be maintaining a relatively White friendly squad despite their non-White GM and new HC.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Assuming Rodgers is gone, will the Packers have any White players left?

The Vikings seem to be maintaining a relatively White friendly squad despite their non-White GM and new HC.

Packers will be down to the new era caste system team composition - interior OL and TEs. I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted a black quarterback as well.

Warhawk_46

Master
As a lifelong Packer fan who also has liked the Vikings, I’m throwing my hat squarely in their corner.

Packers have gone full-on caste.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As a lifelong Packer fan who also has liked the Vikings, I’m throwing my hat squarely in their corner.

Packers have gone full-on caste.
Smart move Warhawk 46: I'm still a little bummed as I thought they were a lock to make the Super Bowl last year. They just seem to
play far better during the regular season than the playoffs. They have not been able to make the adjustment similar to the Bills. The other
team I had making it last year. Both teams failed like they have for many years now. Both fan bases are as loyal as they come.

Sad to see Thielen move on but it was time. Hope they can find another stud white receiver in the near future. I really like Kirk Cousins and
he was anti covid too. Maybe that's another reason why he is so hated and doesn't seem to get alot of calls he should. Hope next fall they
can rebound and make another playoff and hopefully super bowl run.

Phall

Master
The Vikings waived Dalvin Cook today. Obviously not one of our guys, but this seems like an clear downgrade to one of the league's top offenses. It doesn't strike me as boding well for Kirk Cousins and his Super Bowl aspirations. What can they possibly do with the cap room at this point in time?

By my eye, the Vikings will start Cousins, Hockenson, and ~3 linemen on offensive. They have DE Dean Lowry, DT Harrison Phillips, and the timeless Harrison Smith on defense. They will probably roster at least two more defensive backups (Troy Reeder, James Lynch, and maybe UDFA Wilson Huber). They always keep an unused white WR deep on the depth chart: at this point, it's Blake Proehl and UDFA Thayer Thomas.

It seems incredulous to me that this makes a team "relatively White-friendly." Somehow, most teams are much worse.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Cook move was mainly to help the team's salary cap situation. What it illustrates is how little value running backs currently have in the NFL as they are easily replaceable. Running back success depends a lot on the effectiveness of a team's offensive line and a back's ability to anticipate and find holes to run through. Teams whose lines can't open holes have bad running games. Tennessee last year was a good example even with the great Derrick Henry, go back a few years before that and Toby Gerhart never had a chance when he was signed to be Jax's starting running back, a move that sadly ended up speeding Gerhart's removal from the league.

James Robinson was a great find as an undrafted free agent for Jacksonville in 2020. Now in 2023, he's unwanted, fighting to be the Patriot's third RB and likely out of the league this year or next. Look at tight end and the way Whites can play and usually instantly produce. Same with Whites at linebacker as there's a large pool of them at that position also. That's how I see running back these days. Blacks are routinely signed "off the street" and often do well. But Whites can do just as well at running back and there's a similar large but unexploited pool of them, for obvious and long-standing Caste reasons. Dalvin Cook has been one of the best running backs in recent years, but he's also injury prone and is getting up there in age, another reason there is a constant merry-go-round at the position as few excel past the age of 28 or so. No need to pay Cook big bucks when they can go with Alexander Mattison this season at 20 percent of Cook's price and easily replace Mattison next year if they want to.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Borghi or Nall is available for a bag of peanuts.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It makes you wonder if salary caps didn’t exist, and teams could compete just on undervalued talent what the league would be like. Borghi might slide right in.

I assume the league’s structure doesn’t favor that outcome now though