Minnesota Timberwolves 2011-2012

icsept

Master
No evidence that it was intentional. Not a "stomp", which would imply a heavy or violent step. Two games is bogus, ridiculous, and will likely cost the Timberwolves a lot of the momentum they had built.

JReb1

Mentor
It looked like Love pulled his foot up to avoid stomping his face because if he didn't the player would've had serious damage done. Ridiculous suspension!

white are blacks can both be thugs

i saw the replay and it was obvious that it was intentional. he looked down and stepped on him. if it was an accident we would have looked back or something maybe apologized after a stoppage. it was intentional. i dont see anyone calling him a thug however, which you obviously would do if he was black. somehow being black makes you a thug who should never play again, like when bynum and ndamukong suh did their thing. the people saying it was a ridiculous suspension are delusional and this is why no one respects your website. otherwise i do agree with you guys on some white players not getting the chance to play.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Even if it was intentional, it wasn't the same as Suh.
Suh STOMPED twice on that guy.
Love was running over this guy, and stepped on him - maybe intentionally, maybe not. But it wasn't a stomp.
And Suh has a history of bad behavior. He is a thug and has the record to prove it.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
i saw the replay and it was obvious that it was intentional. he looked down and stepped on him. if it was an accident we would have looked back or something maybe apologized after a stoppage. it was intentional. i dont see anyone calling him a thug however, which you obviously would do if he was black. somehow being black makes you a thug who should never play again, like when bynum and ndamukong suh did their thing. the people saying it was a ridiculous suspension are delusional and this is why no one respects your website. otherwise i do agree with you guys on some white players not getting the chance to play.

Get lost! The amount of white idiocy and misbehavior in professional sports is almost nonexistent to what blacks do. Last time I checked this is the standard for blacks and a rarity for whites. You might want to look into that, brightboy!

Also, if no one respects this website then why are you here? Do you really think your nonsense is needed?

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree. His constant berating of white athletes is getting old. It's pretty clear of what his agenda is. He is on life support as of this moment assuming that he cares.

Back to the Twolves. They won without Kevin Love last night. Everyone played pretty good but I'm most impressed with the play of Pekovic. The guy just brings it on both ends of the floor. I knew he could rebound good but I had no idea of how great a scorer he is. I think Darko has lost his starting job for good. Milicic can score but has always struggled as a rebounder. Love will need help on the boards if this team is to become a playoff contender. Only more game until Love returns. At the worst, the team will have a 500 record.

icsept

Master
Why would the Lakers give Gasol for Derrick Williams? Maybe to make room for acquiring Dwight Howard. That would be amazing for the Timberwolves.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
They don't really need Gasol.
Pekovic is playing pretty well.
They need a small forward to complement Love.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
While it would be a cool trade, I would rather have them go get a shooting guard like JJ Reddick. There are probably a few others out there that they could grab as well. Williams has struggled to fit into the Minnesota Offense so you never know.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The best way to keep the Timberwolves more white-friendly is held in the old Al Davis axiom, "Just Win Baby!" If the T-Wolves remain in their division cellar (even if it is the strongest division) and miss the playoffs, the howls will rain down from the media and DWF's to get rid of the stiff, unathletic, lead-footed, plodding honkies and bring in a bunch of real athletes.

I think that if the Timberwolves could get Gasol for Williams, it would be a terrific addition, and really help their depth, in addition to being a "positive acquisition" in the eyes of the above idiot groups mentioned. The Lakers would "benefit" by having the unbelievable "upside" of lottery-pick Williams.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Twolves win again. K Love and N. Pekovic both scored 30 points each. These guys are incredible together. They eat up the glass as they make up one of the best scoring/rebounding combos in the league. Rubios also had 18 points. What a game. What a team!!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
In regards to the trade rumor, I've heard that they Lakers want Love for Gasol. Love reminds me of Tom Gugliotta. Both are incredible power forwards.

Claimjumper

Mentor
the twolves reserve affletes ruined the lead the starters built. they were up 38-24 until tolliver beasley and webster came in. the nuggets went on a 19-2 run and the wolves are down 51-46 at the half:thumbdown:

Claimjumper

Mentor
Pekovic sprained his ankle in the 2nd:thumbdown:

Luckily they have only 1 more game until the all star game to give him time to rest it

Claimjumper

Mentor
Luke Ridnour hit a buzzer beater and finished with 17 points

Pekovic and Love both had double doubles and JJ Barea came off the bench for 22 points

The wolves are going into the break 17-17 just 1 1/2 games out of the 8th playoff spot

JReb1

Mentor
That was a nice shot from Luke! I think the Wolves can do some damage in the playoffs if they stay healthy.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm enjoying the Twolves vs the Suns. It's at the half with Minnesota winning. Love and Pekovic have 10 points each. Gortat has 12 points for Phoenix. This is the 3rd game in 3 nights for the Timberwolves so they must be exhausted. They are still playing really good. I hope they can pull out a win here.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
17 assists for Nash in the Suns win over the T'Wolves.
Amazing for an old guy.

Claimjumper

Mentor
Kevin Love with a huge game tonight 42 points 10 rebounds in a 122-110 win against the trailblazers

They are back to .500 at 19-19

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ok Sports Illustrated. You put Lin on the cover a week or two ago. It's time to put Kevin Love on there. He is a top 5 player in all of pro basketball. Not to mention a great role model for the nations youth. What an incredible game by Love. He is a superstar!:first:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Looking through this thread it states that Minnesota often starts 4 whites. Is that correct?

Also, how many whites on the whole roster?

Is the racial aspect of the Wolves ever mentioned/condemned on regular NBA discussion forums?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Liverlips, the Timberwolves have started four whites for most of the year. Their current starting whites are Ricky Rubio, Luke Ridnour, Kevin Love, and Nikola Pekovic. They have three white bench players in JJ Barea, Darko Milicic, and Brad Miller. So, the Timberwolves are 50% white with 7 out of 14 players! :D