Mayweather vs Marquez

Westside

Hall of Famer
Posting this match up becuase I am a hard boxing fan/follower and the fight is between two exceptional fighters. However, another reason I am posting this is of my intense dislike for Mayweather. Everything he represents save his boxing ablitiy I detest.

So I am hope the gentelman that is Marquez defeats him. Don mentioned eariler of Mayweather's Mercedes being repo'd. Doesn't surprise me. He owes the IRS close to 7 million dolars. All public record.

Marquez will have to fight the perfect fight to defeat him. I hope he does. More on this fight in the coming days. Saturday is the fight.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Everyone at work is talking about this fight.

I'll be watching the UFC PPV. After all, according to Mayweather MMA was started by whites. I might as well spend my money on that instead of adding to his bankroll.

Pollyanna

Guru
Looks like Mayworthless is fighting another smaller guy. Can't he get in the ring with someone his own size? What a punk. I hope he looses, but I'm sure the ref will allow him to hold the whole fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
"Chicken" Floyd Mayweather avoids boxers his own size like Berto, and Cotto. Instead he gets a boxer who fought at 126 until he was well into his 30s to move up to welterweight.

Floyd has avoided the best over the years, boxers like Tszyu and Mosley years ago, and Williams, Margarito and Cotto in recent years. He waited until Gatti was shot before fighting him, and has a long list of "B" level opponents: N'Dou, Corley, Bruseles, Baldomir, Augustus, Sosa, etc.

When he fought the smaller, reach-challenged Hatton, it had to be in Floyd's hometown, with his referee, and at preferred fighting weight of 147.

Amren.com

Mentor
Westside said:
Posting this match up becuase I am a hard boxing fan/follower and the fight is between two exceptional fighters. However, another reason I am posting this is of my intense dislike for Mayweather. Everything he represents save his boxing ablitiy I detest.

So I am hope the gentelman that is Marquez defeats him. Don mentioned eariler of Mayweather's Mercedes being repo'd. Doesn't surprise me. He owes the IRS close to 7 million dolars. All public record.

Marquez will have to fight the perfect fight to defeat him. I hope he does. More on this fight in the coming days. Saturday is the fight.

I hate Mayweather too and hope he LOSES for the same reasons. I sure as hell won't be buying the PPV, I'll download the fight the next day (this fight will probably start 11pm Saturday night and I probably won't want to stay up for it anyway). I'll avoid finding out the result to make it much more interesting to watch. If it is as one sided as I think it is, I'll fast forward and hope JMM scores a lucky shot that turns the fight.

I assume that Gayweather will win easily seeing he has a huge size advantage. This is really tune up fight for him as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps ring rust and Gayweather's financial problems the little retard continually brings upon himself might be enough to F him up enough to lose. It would certainly make my day to see Gayweather's cherry popped and hear the lamentations of all the hip hop wiggers on the other boxing boards. Is there another boxer more worthy of scorn and derision? Edited by: Amren.com

jcolec02

Mentor
let us not forget mayweather is coming off a 2 year layoff, and in my opinion he would not be taking this fight if he didnt need the money, I think that is a huge advantage for marquez

Blue Devils

Mentor
I'm rooting for Marquez but I think Mayweather will win...ugh I feel sick typing that
smiley55.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Wow, who the hell would order this fight? It's basically a midget bout. A 4th grade girl couldnt cut enough weight to fight a housefly like Mayweather or Marquez. Boring.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Mayflower said Klitisko's trainer Emanuel Steward is a UncleTom. I guess retard understands Wlad and Vitali are more important and make more money

Unfortunately Mayweather will win and it will be a boring 12 round decision. Marquez just won't have enough speed or size/power to keep up. Mayweather will just jab and clinch to a victory. I understand that is his style to jab, counterpunch, defense, hold. But other people who do that like Paulie Malignaggi, Bernard Hopkins even Chad Dawson at least try to make a fight out of it or go at it 100%. Floyd just does it for the paycheck not for the fans. The people who have the best chance of taking down Floyd are Pacquiao, Cotto, Mosley and Paul Williams. The question is will he fight any of them.

And how in the hell does Floyd earn $15 million (give or take) for this fight when the ticket sales are very slow and this is going head to head with UFC? If Floyd can get that type of money, I can't knock it. But it just doesn't seem right that UFC fighters who put alot more on the line see nothing as close to that type of money. And I'm more of a boxing fan.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I disagree on some points of your evaluation johnnynofear. While I do think Mayweather is going to win I don't agree Hopkins tries to make a fight. He was holding Calzaghe the whole fight because he couldn't deal with his speed and then had the nerve to say he won.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Of course Marquez has a chance to win. Remember the first Mayflower v Luis Castillo fight. Most writers and fans believed Luis won that fight. He won by being in Mayflower's face and ripping body shots. Long story short, he applied constant pressure and never got tired. Hell, Hatton was winning his fight with Floyd after the 6th round, but ultimately got tired, then lazy and walked into a perfectly time left hook. And good night

For Marquez to win he has to apply timed pressure / counter shots and not get tired. He is a very smart fighter and if his stamina keeps up he has a great chance of winning. But to do it for 12 rounds is a huge mountian to climb. We'll see. Go Marquez! and die Mayflower.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I can't see Mayweather losing this fight. He is a natural size larger than Marquez. Guys that could badly KTFO, Floyd are Williams, Sergio Martinez and Margacheeto. Basically any long and tall fighter. Castillo and Oscar had success with Floyd because they had him outside eating their jabs in the fight. Bruising infighter types he has owned in the past. If Floyd is still the same guy he was a year and half ago he should easily beat Marquez. I hope I a wrong...
smiley17.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Mayweather should win a snoozer: taller, stronger, faster, younger, bigger. But I hope Marquez can pull it out.

One of our guys - Michael Katsidis is on the undercard of this dud of a card.

I'll be watching our guys fight in UFC and catch the replay next week on HBO before the Vitaly-Arreola fight. How dare they only put one of our fighters on the card and then expect us to pay $49.99 to support a known racist - Mayweather?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Funny thing is plenty of DWF's will put up the 50 dollars to watch this fight. They don't care that Mayweather is a racist.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Too true, whiteathlete. God, I wish Hatton could have beaten the buffoon. I do think Manny Pacquaio will beat Mayweather if/when they fight. I don't give Cotto much of a shot against Pac.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Funny thing is plenty of DWF's will put up the 50 dollars to watch this fight. They don't care that Mayweather is a racist.

Indeed.
smiley11.gif
I bet the gutless simps would give alot more than $50 to personally meet/bow down & grovel to ol' "Prettymouth Gayweather".I would pay $$ to see him get in the cage with Mike Brown, Clay Guida or Sean Sherk. It would be worth the dough to see him instantly taken to the mat & GnP'd into a bloody mess!
smiley4.gif

The Hock

Master
Tomorrow night I'll have a sombrero on my head and a Corona in my hand. Well, not really. I don't own a sombrero and I ain't gonna pony up no fifty bucks that's for sure.

Still, go Marquez (just watch out for the check hook).

Westside

Hall of Famer
At the weigh Floyd was 2 lbs over 144. He had to pay Marquez 300k for each pound. No wonder he owes the IRS over 6 million. Tmrw Floyd will enter the ring at 150 and Marquez at 145 lbs. At the weigh in they appeared to be the same height. If Marquez doesn't get too tired he has a great chance of winning

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey What are the streams for this fight? White Lighting 33 know of any?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey Whiteathlete33 I know you are the stream guru, do have any for this fight? Oh, Katidis is on the undercard. He is fighting this up and coming hispanic fighter. If Katsidis wins he is right in line, near the front for a title shot. His bout should be coming on at 630 pm pacific time.