Mayweather vs Marquez

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sopcast is working well for me tonight. The Michael Katsidis fight is on now, third round...

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Michael Katsidis deserves a UD, but wins a SD.

Scores are 116-112 for Escobeda
smiley5.gif
and 115-113, 118-110 for Katsidis.
smiley32.gif

I thought it was about 118-110 for Katsidis.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Marquez fought courageously but simply did not have the power to disuede Mayflower. Mayflower has a good racket going. Coming off in the media as a royal a..hole and fighting men who have little chance of winning. Either too small, old or never were any good for premium dolloar. I give him credit. He does have skill. But I don't think he has the firepower to beat Mosely, Martinez or Williams.

On a brighter note. Mike Katsidis looked great beating up and now beaten Escobedo. His displayed improved defense and incrediable stamina in grinding down a good fighter. Looks like Marquez has another bad dream to look forward to when he goes back down to 135 lbs.

On a side note, it is annoying when CF posters disparge fighters at the lower weights. When Ricky Hatton was going to fight Mayflower back in 12/07 I did not hear crap like "they are migets or my girlfriend weighs more", nonsense. When we do this it discredits our cause. Just something to think about.

The Hock

Master
I agree Westside. I have never understood some poster's prejudice against lighter weight fighters. They are just as tough and their knockouts can be as concussive and conclusive as the higher weight fighters.

To me, the people who dismiss the smaller fighters are just Joe sixpack types and not knowledgeable boxing fans.