Matthew Boling 9.98, 19.92, 45.17 and 8.25 LJ

white is right

Hall of Famer
Think about it though guys. Boling is about a second slower than the winner and even more to the world and olympic champions
in this event. Call me crazy but I don't see Boling ever running in the high 43 second range which is about what is needed currently.

The truth is Boling has a better chance to catch guys in the 100 & 200 meters with improvement. He is better at the 100 & 200 meters
despite getting improper training. A year ago he ran 19.92 into a negative wind. He ran 9..98 over 100 the week before. These are the
events he was made for. He will just be an average 400 guy. Happy he is on the team but it does little in the big picture for his career.
He made the relay squad as an alternate. I think he is capable of great things wtih the right coaching but not over the 400 meters. Yes
he can go high 44's. Maybe mid 44's with alot of traiining, lose weight and races but that won't win you medals.

I know I've come off as being harsh but I just dread him becoming only the a 400 meter sprinter. Hope he at the very least does
the 200 and 400 meters next year. If he ran all 3 great but that is doubtful. He will have to choose.
The video mentioned they take 8 spots would the 100m relay take 8 too and would that put Mia Brahe-Pedersen in the relay pool too?

freedom1

Mentor
The 100 and the 200m is definitely where Boling's future lies, but making a team regardless of event will help him. He physically could have run 44.5 at some point this season (maybe the beginning), but yeah if he wanted to be an elite 400m runner, then he needed to be building towards that in college. At 23 he's a little late to be going up in sprint distance to the 400m permanently.

The Championships have extended his season. I still see a PR in the 200meters possible this season.
He is not a 400 meter runner. He is a 100/200 meter runner who got f'cked over by his racist coach.

I would imagine the conversation went something like this. "A looky here Matt, I iz a fittin to haves you run da Fo-hundred from nowz on."

mastermulti

Master
He is not a 400 meter runner. He is a 100/200 meter runner who got f'cked over by his racist coach.

I would imagine the conversation went something like this. "A looky here Matt, I iz a fittin to haves you run da Fo-hundred from nowz on."
wow! you must know something from the inner circle there

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The kid is very well rounded. He might not be absolutely elite in any of those three events but he is close in all. This the coaching doesn’t have to be strictly racist to make what we view as a bad decision, he’s just almost there in three or four events.

In and of itself that’s worth celebrating but we all want to see him be a white Bolt, and it’s unlikely, I think.

Still his accomplishments alongside his academic performance speak very highly of him.

I’m sure his parents are proud as hell of him and they have a right to be.

Texas Flash

wow! you must know something from the inner circle there
Exactly! The coaching or just the coach/athlete connection may not have been ideal for Boling at the University of Georgia, but unless someone here can truly claim to know the heart and mind of Caryl Smith Gilbert, or can at least point to some verifiable racist statement that she has made, then to jump to that kind of racist claim is uncalled for and unfair. And it reflects really poorly on this chat group - shameful. I hope that most people come here to support white athletes knowing that there is a great deal of racial prejudices working against them, and not to simply spread hateful and counter racists statements.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
From a non racial view point Boling ran 10.11 in high school. In 4 long years he only improved to 9.98 one time with a good legal wind
at his back. I'm sorry but she is not a 100/200 meter coach. She is better at coaching other events in my honest opinion. Too many things
to question. Don't even get me started here. The kid is loyal and he still stays with her. I admire his intelligence and his loyalty but sometimes
you have to move on to a new coach and it's not personal. It happens all the time. Put Boling with Steiners College Coach and we have a
completely different sprinter than what you see today. The kid was born to run but has been mismanaged and mishandled. Wouldn't matter
whether it'a a male or female coach and regardless of a white or black coach. You either improve the athlete or yo don't.

There are some 400 meters guys that are good 100/200 meters sprinters but overall it's a diffeent type training. All the 400 relays Boling ran and his 200 meters times were horrible all season. He needed more 60 meters over the winter and 100's & 200's to build his speed back up. In all of the 4 x 400 relays hurt his shot sprint speed but that is only part of it. The kid ran the 6th fastest indoor 200 meters in the history of the world and he could have been even better. Nothing personal against her but he needs a new coach. I've said it for 2 years now. They never
time his peak condition right either for the most part.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
Exactly! The coaching or just the coach/athlete connection may not have been ideal for Boling at the University of Georgia, but unless someone here can truly claim to know the heart and mind of Caryl Smith Gilbert, or can at least point to some verifiable racist statement that she has made, then to jump to that kind of racist claim is uncalled for and unfair. And it reflects really poorly on this chat group - shameful. I hope that most people come here to support white athletes knowing that there is a great deal of racial prejudices working against them, and not to simply spread hateful and counter racists statements.
it does reflect badly. Over the years I've seen people come into the forum, their main interests at heart not being TRACK.
I, like others I'm sure, came here to see the progress and achievements of white athletes because (with sprinters particularly) there turns up on occasion those really fine performances that aren't put out there for people to see. It's also good to hear of up and comers and watch their progress.
It was this forum that alerted me to Lemaitre, Guliyev, Gemili and many other youngsters who turned out truly world class and gave me much joy to follow - and I want to give this forum credit for that

NikoDuke

Mentor
I agree with the sentiment that the original post regarding his coach was inappropriate and not helpful but, respectfully to throw out the terms 'racist', 'hateful' and 'shameful' sounds like what Id expect to read on ESPN where everything is somehow racist and Whites should always be ashamed.
I'm disappointed to read any White calling another White racist and hateful. I think there are better terms to use to convey the message than those terms which just feed the narrative. Whites need to get over how we're perceived by others. Trust me, other ethnic groups aren't worried about how they're perceived by us..

mastermulti

Master
The kid is very well rounded. He might not be absolutely elite in any of those three events but he is close in all. This the coaching doesn’t have to be strictly racist to make what we view as a bad decision, he’s just almost there in three or four events.

In and of itself that’s worth celebrating but we all want to see him be a white Bolt, and it’s unlikely, I think.

Still his accomplishments alongside his academic performance speak very highly of him.

I’m sure his parents are proud as hell of him and they have a right to be.
He is a terrific sprinter who would be an Olympic sprinter, perhaps even long jumper, in nearly any other country on earth. But the U.S. with its large population and nurturing college system has a wealth of great sprinters - not everyone can be top 3 and selected for the World's or Olympics.
Imagine 6 sprinters in the 19 second bracket for a national title - with nil assisting wind? That doesn't happen in the Worlds or Olympics.
I just want to enjoy seeing where he heads to as he moves along in a sport in which he excels. No over the top expectations and with occasional jumps for joy at a great performance.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
With the right training he might be a terrific decathlete perhaps?

Just a thought. Seems like whites have always been strong all around athletes, I’d bet he’s do well.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I agree with the sentiment that the original post regarding his coach was inappropriate and not helpful but, respectfully to throw out the terms 'racist', 'hateful' and 'shameful' sounds like what Id expect to read on ESPN where everything is somehow racist and Whites should always be ashamed.
I'm disappointed to read any White calling another White racist and hateful. I think there are better terms to use to convey the message than those terms which just feed the narrative. Whites need to get over how we're perceived by others. Trust me, other ethnic groups aren't worried about how they're perceived by us..
I second that sentiment!

freedom1

Mentor
Don't know what to think about this in terms of his track performance. He'll take that 10K and start working on his MBA. I'd like to see him totally focus on pro track for a couple years, see what he could really do. It's a big advantage for low IQ people in that they have no other opportunities so they can totally focus on sport. A guy like Boling can do many other things.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Don't know what to think about this in terms of his track performance. He'll take that 10K and start working on his MBA. I'd like to see him totally focus on pro track for a couple years, see what he could really do. It's a big advantage for low IQ people in that they have no other opportunities so they can totally focus on sport. A guy like Boling can do many other things.

When I was a teenager one thing I did wrong was to play so many different sports. That is ok for a while but to be the best you can be in
an individual sport you need to pick one sport that you love and make it your passion. Scholastics can also get in the way when your
talking about making an olymipic team, etc. If you focus on many different things you will be good at many but the master of none of
them. If you focus on one sport only and give it all you have then you will reach your ultimate potential in that. Be the master of one sport.
Wish I knew that when I was young. Hope Boling can put the schooling on a time out for a while and focus on track. A sprinters career goes
by in the blink of an eye. It's not like so sports where you can compete until your 40. Boling needs to focus 100 percent on athletics.

wile

Master
"Racist" is a stupid word, pure psychobabble. But it appears now the Right is itself dedicated to a sexless, raceless and sexually indeterminate global population to cure the people's sins of sexism, racism and homophobia. (It's all bunk folks)

Thanks for this part of the forum and the work you do providing the info. Track was the only sport I participated in I ran the 1600, poorly but I loved running it and they needed a body and it was what sports are supposed to do in part.

Texas Flash

I know we've all been disappointed with Bolin's overall performance here the last few years, but think his future is pretty bright.

Odds are he goes to Worlds and picks up one or two relay gold medals. Hopefully he does get to participate in the preliminary round of the men's 4x400m. He should. If this happens I imagine he'll stay in Europe and I'm gonna guess he races in two 400m races and one 200m race before the end of the season. He should be able to get into 44-second territory and this would make him only the 7th athlete to ever run under 10, 20 and 45. It probably also makes him the only athlete to ever run under 10, 20, 45 and jump 8.25m! If conditions are right I imagine he could set a PR in that 200m race. Hopefully something like this happens as it will give him confidence going into next year and gets him pre-season legitimacy. At this point I think he's going pro regardless but this would cement it.

If he gets a good coach and training group I see him running just a few indoor races and setting PRs in the 60m (white Lightning will be pleased). Start the outdoor season with a 400m and then some relays, and I'll bet he breaks 10 seconds in his first outdoor 100. He fixes his form and starts to relax, then I dont think there is anyway he doesnt make the Olympic Team. He could really have some big PRs next year. He's done all the work - he just hasnt capitalized yet and that can happen really quickly when the work has already been put in.

Everything is still on the table for this kid. He's got an incredible base to build off of - just needs to smooth some things out and get his swagger back.

mastermulti

Master
"Racist" is a stupid word, pure psychobabble. But it appears now the Right is itself dedicated to a sexless, raceless and sexually indeterminate global population to cure the people's sins of sexism, racism and homophobia. (It's all bunk folks)

Thanks for this part of the forum and the work you do providing the info. Track was the only sport I participated in I ran the 1600, poorly but I loved running it and they needed a body and it was what sports are supposed to do in part.
surely "race" is a misused word since humans are of one race, yes?
But "racist", although overused [like the childish taunt often said in a whining, nasal moan with drawn out ending .... HATERRR!] - describes adequately people who fear or hate other "tribes" to the extent it affects lives all around when allowed to run free, don't ya think?
It's just another word (sure, it's emotive) but we invent new words all the time that attain to common usage - that's a living language

mastermulti

Master
I know we've all been disappointed with Bolin's overall performance here the last few years, but think his future is pretty bright.

Odds are he goes to Worlds and picks up one or two relay gold medals. Hopefully he does get to participate in the preliminary round of the men's 4x400m. He should. If this happens I imagine he'll stay in Europe and I'm gonna guess he races in two 400m races and one 200m race before the end of the season. He should be able to get into 44-second territory and this would make him only the 7th athlete to ever run under 10, 20 and 45. It probably also makes him the only athlete to ever run under 10, 20, 45 and jump 8.25m! If conditions are right I imagine he could set a PR in that 200m race. Hopefully something like this happens as it will give him confidence going into next year and gets him pre-season legitimacy. At this point I think he's going pro regardless but this would cement it.

If he gets a good coach and training group I see him running just a few indoor races and setting PRs in the 60m (white Lightning will be pleased). Start the outdoor season with a 400m and then some relays, and I'll bet he breaks 10 seconds in his first outdoor 100. He fixes his form and starts to relax, then I dont think there is anyway he doesnt make the Olympic Team. He could really have some big PRs next year. He's done all the work - he just hasnt capitalized yet and that can happen really quickly when the work has already been put in.

Everything is still on the table for this kid. He's got an incredible base to build off of - just needs to smooth some things out and get his swagger back.
hasn't USAT&F picked their relay squads yet? Or are you saying he is in the squads and you believe he'll get a run? cheers!

Texas Flash

In the US if you finish in the top 6 of the 100 or the 400 you're on the relay team. The video was taken right after the final. Officially though I dont think the US has announced their World Team.

His odds are greatly improved to actually run given that they have now added the mixed 1600m relay. At the same time, Michael Norman had an automatic by so they actually have 7 athletes. Plus they have Rai Benjamin who will likely want to run the 4x400m if given a spot. Often times college athletes that dont have agents yet get picked over for Relay spots. It does get very political.

freedom1

Mentor
Who cares about the stupid 4x400 meter relay. He is 100/200 meter sprinter who should forget about all this US team BS. He should go pro and run individual 100s and 200s in carefully selected meets where he wears the logo of some shoe company, make some money, set some PBs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Who cares about the stupid 4x400 meter relay. He is 100/200 meter sprinter who should forget about all this US team BS. He should go pro and run individual 100s and 200s in carefully selected meets where he wears the logo of some shoe company, make some money, set some PBs.

I'm glad some people here just get it when it comes to track. The kid was born to run the 100 & 200 meters. He will never run low 44's or high
43 seconds in the 400 meters therefor he is wasting his time for the most part. His build is not traditional for most 400 guys. He is built for the short sprints (100 & 200) but he has been trained in the opposite fashion. Jack of all trades and a master of none. His college career could
have been so much better with the right coaching. I pick on white coach's and black coachs' and men & women coaching staffs. This comes
down to the fact that she has not fixed his form or preparred him for the events he was born to run in. You don't run legal 9.98 and 19.92
by accident. That is natural talent which has been wasted for the most part of the last 4 years with the exception of a few amazing indoor
races at the right time. It's a tragedy from a track perspective. She is better at coaching other events than she is at the short sprints.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
the good side is ... if he run a blazing 400 leg he'll get at least a little world wide exposure. It'd be nice for people to see a white American in a World Champs relay (a la Wariner) so I'm going to (as you say W/L) think positive an see what he can do.
I'm betting he'll hold his own against any member of the other countries in the race

Texas Flash

the good side is ... if he run a blazing 400 leg he'll get at least a little world wide exposure. It'd be nice for people to see a white American in a World Champs relay (a la Wariner) so I'm going to (as you say W/L) think positive an see what he can do.
I'm betting he'll hold his own against any member of the other countries in the race
He'll split 43 in the relays. He's already done that on several occasions. What he's trying to learn right now is how to run an open 400m and that is quite different. If he breaks 45 in the open this summer it will help his brand. That doesnt mean that I'm saying the 400m is what he should be running. I'm just saying that given where he is right now putting that feather in his cap will help him as he enters the pro ranks. HIs agent will be able to say things like "Boling is only one of 7 athletes to ever hit these marks...". If Fred Kerley had never run the 400m he'd be just another good short sprinter. The fact that he has gone under 44 seconds multiple times gives him a certain mystique and added respect that definitely has helped his brand. This doesnt mean I'm saying that Boling needs to start concentrating on the 400m to match the likes of Kerley. But he did get stuck in second gear this year and by the time Nationals rolled around he had no chance of making the team other than to pivot and try to make the 1600m relay pool which he did. For the rest of the season he should try and capitalize off that.

Texas Flash

Boling is running the open 400m on Friday in the Ed Murphy Classic. Looks like he will have some good competition - his teammate Elija Godwin will be running along with Jacory Patterson and Trevor Bassitt. Evan Miller will be running as well. It would be nice to see all three, Boling, Bassitt and Miller, join the sub-45 club on the same day!