Matt Giordano

G

Dungy is one of the only coaches who will even admit the caste system exists. I'm sure the Colts are aware of how good this guy can be.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Quiet Speed said:
Shoot, nevermind, ESPN's Trey Wingo just said Matt is not fast. My bad.
smiley5.gif

That's beyond pathetic. QS, do you remember his quote and the context in which it came up (probably on NFL Live)?

Trey Wingo's quote was "Matt Giordano. he's not fast... but he's fast enough. takes it in for the score." it was all said with disparaging laughter. but at least Sean Salisbury responded with, "he looks pretty fast to me."

it was blatantly demeaning to the obvious speed and athleticism that Matt displayed on his return.
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Don Wassall said:
Quiet Speed said:
Shoot, nevermind, ESPN's Trey Wingo just said Matt is not fast. My bad.
smiley5.gif

That's beyond pathetic.  QS, do you remember his quote and the context in which it came up (probably on NFL Live)?

Trey Wingo's quote was "Matt Giordano. he's not fast... but he's fast enough. takes it in for the score." it was all said with disparaging laughter. but at least Sean Salisbury responded with, "he looks pretty fast to me."

it was blatantly demeaning to the obvious speed and athleticism that Matt displayed on his return.
smiley7.gif

hey, at least they¡re desperate enough to make themselves look stupid. i mean even drunken white fans saw just how fast Matt is. there's no denying it. he might as well be saying white is black and noone would have listened, since it was so painfully (for all the Saints and caste system) obvious. Wingo can go f**k himself.

devans

Mentor
I didn't know who Trey Wingo was so I googled it and found nothing good about him. Here are three examples...

Trey Wingo Apologizes For Accidentally Calling Champion Lady Vols 'Pat Summitt's Marauding Army Of Monstrous Lesbians'

In Monday night's Arena Football game, Philly at Columbus, the first quarter was scoreless in a defensive battle; ESPN2 cut to commercial just a little late, as a result, we heard Trey Wingo ask Mark Shlereth, thinking they were off the air, "What the heck was that?"

"This guy is such a damn hack. I put him up there with Stephen A. Smith. He exaggerates everything to the point of absurdity and half the time has no clue what he is talking about. In the long list of idiots at ESPN he is my least favorite. I was listening to ESPN Radio the other day, listening to the Herd and they had Wingo and Schlereth on. Every time Schlereth tried to answer one of Herds questions Wingo jumps in and just screams over him. Seriously like 20 times in 2 minutes. I thought it was a joke at first but it wasn't. This idiot just keeps talking over both guys till they finally went to commercial and I changed the channel."

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:

smiley7.gif

Jimmy, thanks for setting those quotations straight.

Backrow makes a good point that even the most caste-happy fanatics can't have one put over on them in this case.

backrow

Hall of Famer
cool article linked by dratdaddy: Who is the fastest Colts, Sanders or Giordano?

"For all their woofing about 40 times, the players are like Dungy: They believe what they see, game speed. So the Colts' consensus holds for Sanders and Giordano.

The latter might surprise some, but Giordano ran away from the crowd while returning an interception 83 yards against New Orleans. He also closed hard on Chicago's Devin Hester on Hester's 92-yard touchdown return of the opening kickoff in Super Bowl XLI.

"Ten more yards, Matt would have caught him," cornerback Marlin Jackson said. "Everybody always asks me: 'Who is that No. 43? Man, he's fast.' "

majority of the players think that Matt is either the fastest or second fastest guy on the team.
smiley1.gif

backrow said:
cool article linked by dratdaddy: Who is the fastest Colts, Sanders or Giordano?

"For all their woofing about 40 times, the players are like Dungy: They believe what they see, game speed. So the Colts' consensus holds for Sanders and Giordano.

The latter might surprise some, but Giordano ran away from the crowd while returning an interception 83 yards against New Orleans. He also closed hard on Chicago's Devin Hester on Hester's 92-yard touchdown return of the opening kickoff in Super Bowl XLI.

"Ten more yards, Matt would have caught him," cornerback Marlin Jackson said. "Everybody always asks me: 'Who is that No. 43? Man, he's fast.' "

majority of the players think that Matt is either the fastest or second fastest guy on the team.
smiley1.gif
It's funny that people are always so surprised when a white guy is faster than blacks.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it's very possible, at least according to that article, that the two fastest men on the Colts roster are white.

<DIV =text>So is (Hunter) Smith. He has wheels, and not just for a punter. He ran 4.53 at Notre Dame, but at 30 he is leaner, better trained, more explosive and, he believes, faster. He has tackled return man extraordinaire Dante Hall. He has run down Desmond Howard. He has run down Deion Sanders. He and Sanders, now an NFL Network analyst, still laugh about it.
<DIV =text>
<DIV =text>Matt Giordano we all talk about, but punter Hunter Smith apparently belongs in the mix, too. awesome!
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Matt will get his chance vs Bucs, now that Bob Sanders is officially out for next week. expect him to be tested by Garcia and Bucs' veteran receivers, Gallowa and Hilliard. i think he will do just fine!

Matt is sporting new look:

2007_0916_ten062_macht.jpg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Giordano will be starting in place of the injured Bob Sanders tomorrow.

From the October 15, 2007 issue of Sporting News:

"Giordano might be the fastest player on a team replete with speed--and he's instinctive and a big hitter. At this point, he's more effective in run support than coverage . . ." (p. 45)

A white player the fastest player on a team with lots of speed!

I've noticed that Sporting News gives credit when credit is due and does refer to white players as fast, athletic, explosive, etc., something that I have not noticed Sports Illustrated to do.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
While The Sporting News will sometimes describe a white player accurately, it is also filled with Caste System stereotypes. I read it every week and have cited many dozens of typical examples here on the board.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Its funny all the times whites are considered "slow." I remember many times while watching NFL games in the past where the announcer stated a white guy was the fastest on the team. This was said about Travis Jervey when he played with the Packers. This was also said about Tim Dwight, but much earlier in his career. I also remember a announcer saying this about Bill Schroeder who was an absolute speed demon. Ohh lets not forget Don Beebe.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, SN is better than most, but just like the Caste System NFL itself, that ain't saying much.

StarWars

Mentor
Does anybody know if Giordano will get much playing time in 2009 or ever? Contract?

If he starts for the Colts they would become my favorite team because of Gonzalez. Austin Collie!!!!, Dallas Clark, and Peyton (very funny on SNL).