Manti Te'o's Imaginary Beard

Phall

Master
One of college football's most inspiring narratives of the year has been found out as a hoax. Manti Te'o played his Heisman runner-up campaign mourning the death of an imaginary girlfriend. There are no records anywhere for the name reported by a multitude of mainstream media sources.

Deadspin (a contemptible site) broke the story here; ESPN has confirmed it and Notre Dame has issued its own statement. Presently, the university is going with the angle that Te'o was "deceived" into an imaginary relationship with a malicious impostor, who broke things off by faking her death over the phone. This tale is more queer than a three-dollar bill, and Te'o will be forced to account for the lies that have been published on his behalf.

The hoax came to light by happy accident rather than journalistic due diligence, as apparently a young woman recognized a slightly-altered photo of herself that had been reprinted in the news.

There is a small chance that Manti Te'o is so mentally incompetent that he was perfectly content to carry out a romance over the phone (allegedly) with a woman he had never met in person. Perhaps he did not cosign on the elaborate courtship process published in Sports Illustrated because he did not understand it. Maybe the impostor simply grew tired of going through the motions and let him down in dramatic fashion... then never told anyone.

Much more likely: Te'o is in on the ordeal, which provides a convenient cover for homosexuality.

There isn't much point of speculation, since the details will now be poured over by media sharks. The big questions are: what will the narrative be? An aggrieved homosexual's tragic facade, or something with a tone of a bit more accountability? Will he be drafted? Will he now be praised at all opportunities going forward, and has this "victim" essentially gamed the system into a path down Easy Street?

Kaptain

Master
Randolph Duke: Pay up, Mortimer. I've won the bet.
Mortimer Duke: Here, one dollar.
Randolph Duke: [chuckling] We took a perfectly brainless psychopathic average ability linebacker with some horrible island name - Manti Te'o, and nearly turned him into the Heisman Trophy winner! And during the same time, we turned an honest, hard-working, talented, former Heisman Trophy winner into a team pariah with no concievable ability to play! We fooled the entire nation! [laughs] Now, what are we going to do about taking Winthorpe back and returning Valentine to the ghetto?

Kaptain: This is way too strange to think that the media just coicidentally collectively whiffed on the story. I wondered myself why we heard over an over again about the death of his girlfriend he was supposedly engaged to while at the same time hearing little about her. No stories on who she was and just how she died. No stories on the night of the supposed death. Nothing but an empty headline with missing text. It just shows the power of the media and its incompetence at the same time.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Te'o hype job is a real hoax

dang! i posted about this in the college football stars forum, but you two gentlemen have made vastly superior posts to mine. i will delete my aforementioned post, and quote myself here:

Jimmy Chitwood said:
well, half the hype around Te'o was because of the "touching" story about how he'd lost his "beloved" girlfriend and grandmother ...

well, it turns out that his "girlfriend" story was actually a complete hoax. she didn't exist. he "was in a relationship" with a woman that he never even met. that's right, he had as much contact with his girlfriend as he did with any of the Alabama ball carriers in the National Championship game: zero.

what a joke.

you can find out the details all over the web, and it seems that Te'o is trying to distance himself from the fraud by saying he is a "victim" in an online hoax. uh huh. sure.

sometimes the reality of the weirdo world we're living in is stranger than any fiction. i mean, wow. just wow.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
dang! i posted about this in the college football stars forum, but you two gentlemen have made vastly superior posts to mine. i will delete my aforementioned post, and quote myself here:

Thanks for consolidating Jimmy, only the awesomeness of Tim Tebow can carry multiple threads at the same time.

Regarding the magical hawaiian: Notre Dame is in scramble mode trying to make him out the victim in this hoax. The actual victims are all of the poor idiots taken in by this fake.

Perhaps the kid was so stupid as to fall for some elaborate hoax. It might endear him to the NFL who likes their rookies as stupid as possible. Although he could have raised his draft stock more by abusing a girl friend then being abused by a fake one. Expect more ugliness to surface in the coming days.

I don't think this was necessarily a "beard" situation as a dead girl friend doesn't provide cover for a closet case and it's much easier to fake a live girlfriend anyway. But it does show extremely bad judgement at the best, and pathological lying at the worst.

After a couple of hours of trying to really get a handle on this story, it's still one of the stranger things I've seen in a very long time. Manti as innocent victim is just too much to take. The perpetrator would have needed to spend endless hours on this hoax, and for what? Somebody told the media about the couple meeting, the trips to Hawaii, etc... If any reporter reveals Manti as the source (and I cannot see any other possible source), then he was blatantly lying. A perp would have no motivation in this scenario, aside from general cruelty, and I doubt that's enough to keep something like this going. Manti had a Heisman as his incentive. Without the story and Notre Dame, he would never have been in contention, and probably wouldn't have even been a consensus AA.

The "victim of a hoax" narrative isn't going to cut it. Manti as moron might work, but I have trouble believing anyone is that stupid.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
After a couple of hours of trying to really get a handle on this story, it's still one of the stranger things I've seen in a very long time. Manti as innocent victim is just too much to take. The perpetrator would have needed to spend endless hours on this hoax, and for what? Somebody told the media about the couple meeting, the trips to Hawaii, etc... If any reporter reveals Manti as the source (and I cannot see any other possible source), then he was blatantly lying. A perp would have no motivation in this scenario, aside from general cruelty, and I doubt that's enough to keep something like this going. Manti had a Heisman as his incentive. Without the story and Notre Dame, he would never have been in contention, and probably wouldn't have even been a consensus AA.

The "victim of a hoax" narrative isn't going to cut it. Manti as moron might work, but I have trouble believing anyone is that stupid.

They're going hard on Manti as victim for now, but thats just another way to say Manti as moron. I heard someone say that he may have been blackmailed into sticking with the ruse or be exposed as being naive--which ended up happening anyway.

They're going hard on Manti as victim for now, but thats just another way to say Manti as moron. I heard someone say that he may have been blackmailed into sticking with the ruse or be exposed as being naive--which ended up happening anyway.

Any chance that the entire staff at ESPN will put on grass skirts and do a traditional Hawaiian dance to show their solidarity with Manti? Meanwhile, I now know more about Manti's fake girlfriend than I know about the President of the United States (who allegedly attended the same prep school as Manti).

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Any chance that the entire staff at ESPN will put on grass skirts and do a traditional Hawaiian dance to show their solidarity with Manti? Meanwhile, I now know more about Manti's fake girlfriend than I know about the President of the United States (who allegedly attended the same prep school as Manti).

Funny! and sadly-- true.

Phall

Master
I started this thread in the "happy hour" subforum because I anticipated the eventual snowball (no homo) into a discussion of homosexual behavior.

In light of this story, and completely separate from his on-field accomplishments, Te'o is at best a superlative emotional retard. That is the best case scenario on his behalf. I have difficulty latching on to the angle that he was playing it up for Heisman hype. Jaxvid illuminated the necessity of a media "meme" for the drunks and whores to latch onto. That said, this Woman Behind The Curtain was already in play a couple of years ago.

I have sincere respect for any man or woman who honors a Christian faith under an intense public lens. Tim Tebow, for example, repeatedly declared his virginity without wavering eye contact in the face of that diminutive inquiry. Tebow picked UF, hardly a bastion of piety. So, perhaps, we might leave a tiny shred of the pie chart percentage to Te'o's hypothetically profound Mormon faith. A faith so strong as to resist all temptation, yet not so specific as to leap across processional tenets and contradict the LDS-to-papacy crossover.

I can't really envision any mindset where a 5-star starting linebacker from Hawaii would invent an imaginary girlfriend in public, other than the obvious.

Unintentionally, this is the breaking point in sports within society. Had the Samoan-American played well in the championship, he'd have been a surefire top 10 pick and spearheaded DWF jersey sales for the next three years. Instead, Teo is a HUGE asterisk - down to perhaps #30 or #40... but perhaps a surefire top 5 seller in popularity.

After this episode fleshes out, Te'o is probably going to be revealed as a closeted homosexual who succeeded within his self-knit cocoon.

I don't resent anyone who deals with mental illness; in fact, I empathize with them. What rubs me the wrong way is when homosexuals are encouraged for their indiscretions, lashings-out, and general leeching of the communal largesse.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
I started this thread in the "happy hour" subforum because I anticipated the eventual snowball (no homo) into a discussion of homosexual behavior.

In light of this story, and completely separate from his on-field accomplishments, Te'o is at best a superlative emotional retard. That is the best case scenario on his behalf. I have difficulty latching on to the angle that he was playing it up for Heisman hype. Jaxvid illuminated the necessity of a media "meme" for the drunks and whores to latch onto. That said, this Woman Behind The Curtain was already in play a couple of years ago.

I have sincere respect for any man or woman who honors a Christian faith under an intense public lens. Tim Tebow, for example, repeatedly declared his virginity without wavering eye contact in the face of that diminutive inquiry. Tebow picked UF, hardly a bastion of piety. So, perhaps, we might leave a tiny shred of the pie chart percentage to Te'o's hypothetically profound Mormon faith. A faith so strong as to resist all temptation, yet not so specific as to leap across processional tenets and contradict the LDS-to-papacy crossover.

I can't really envision any mindset where a 5-star starting linebacker from Hawaii would invent an imaginary girlfriend in public, other than the obvious.

Unintentionally, this is the breaking point in sports within society. Had the Samoan-American played well in the championship, he'd have been a surefire top 10 pick and spearheaded DWF jersey sales for the next three years. Instead, Teo is a HUGE asterisk - down to perhaps #30 or #40... but perhaps a surefire top 5 seller in popularity.

After this episode fleshes out, Te'o is probably going to be revealed as a closeted homosexual who succeeded within his self-knit cocoon.

I don't resent anyone who deals with mental illness; in fact, I empathize with them. What rubs me the wrong way is when homosexuals are encouraged for their indiscretions, lashings-out, and general leeching of the communal largesse.
It's one of two theories, either it was a Heisman push, or it's a beard situation. What I don't get if it's beard situation why bother since he is "religious". Also I wonder if he played this song when the pr department for Notre Dame was pushing "Super" Mantihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLfzYkM6Lo....

it's probably what it looks like.. two guys publicly (yet covertly) flirting with one another (?)
& the guy is an amateur athlete, so I generally dont care about his personal life, for better or worse, as long as he's not engaged in violently illegal behavior..

The longer range issue, in my opinion, is how Brown & Black guys continuously embarass these schools. It's one thing after another. & of course White guys have also brought shame to their schools.. but so many dopes from the 'hood/barrio etc (who don't belong in college), bring the stupidity & drama of their home environment into otherwise serious institutions of learning.
Im tired of watching White athletic directors having to explain, defend, & literally cry over the behavior of these morons.. for once, just say u don't stand by their stupidity.. and refine your recruiting paradigm.

Last edited:
B

Bruce Pierce II

I am wondering if Manti Teo's draft stock will plummet aftert his. He could go from the first until the third but not much lower as the NFl never has any knuckleheads on any of their teams! Right.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Some good comments on this trivial nonsense that the controlled zio-media likes to make a huge deal out of while carefully ignoring the really important lies.

"Why are the Manti Te’o lies so "shocking"?
Hell, the Bush/Cheney crime syndicate lied us into two wars. Those are REAL ****ING LIES!!!!!!!!
I swear to God sometimes I think I am living the movie "Idiocracy"."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022211559#post1

Last edited:

wile

Master
Few years ago Michael Savage was describing the white/jewish liberals in Hawaii and their grooming of minorities, always looking for the "noble savage" to front for them, hence Obama.

I wouldn't doubt his entire career has been scripted, I have seen him play once at that was a week ago and frankly he was invisible. The only guy playing defense was the muscular white safety, god knows where he goes in the draft if at all. My guess his 5star rating was completely rigged and his college career enhanced by the media friends of the Hawaiin leftwing mafia.

PS my WAG is that the white fullbacks in the NFL use him for blocking practice

icsept

Master
Somehow I managed to watch a whole season of football without ever hearing anything about Manti Te'o's alleged girlfriend. I have a particular aversion to any "human interest" garbage spewed by the female sideline reporters and idiots like Mike Tirico. Therefore, I instinctually change the channel or mute the TV as soon as anyone begins to talk about anything other than the game.

davidholly

Mentor
Somehow I managed to watch a whole season of football without ever hearing anything about Manti Te'o's alleged girlfriend. I have a particular aversion to any "human interest" garbage spewed by the female sideline reporters and idiots like Mike Tirico. Therefore, I instinctually change the channel or mute the TV as soon as anyone begins to talk about anything other than the game.

I heard about it a single time during the season. I immediately dismissed it as BS, nonwhite football player remains faithful to his girlfriend 2,000 miles away? Granted I never thought she wouldn't be real but I doubted the strength of their "relationship".

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

I hear you brother. This is more of the pussification of sports and society in general. For example my local sports squawk radio is going on 72 hours straight of this ridiculous story. I have to admit it is so bizzarre that some following of it is inevitable.

What gets me about it is how the MSM sports media missed on this one. I don't believe it for a minute. Some guy from ESPN was trying to deflect criticism of the way his station got duped by making lame excuses about how it was a great story and no expected this and blah blah blah, but then you hear that ESPN has a camp of reporters at Teo's buddy's house in California, a full camera crew in Hawaii trying to track down his dad, etc.

If they are so interested now, what happened when this "girl" died? She was this guys girlfriend, a big story, was in a car accident, got lukemia, got mentioned by Teo many times. So she dies in southern Cal and no network, not even ESPN sends a reporter and camera to the funereal to snap some pics or talk to the bereaved family? That doesn't sound like the ghoul media of today which never passes up on a chance to intrude in a families suffering for some "human interest" drama.

My thinking is that they knew. Didn't say anything because they didn't want to spoil the story of a non-white magical samoan or hawaiian or whatever mongrel breed he claims to be. And they knew that when it exploded in the poor idiots face they would reap the benefit of non-stop interest in the sordid details.

If I was this Teo guy I wouldn't say a thing to the media. What business is it of theirs? If he feels he was hoaxed then he shouldn't have to talk about it. He should stay out of the media circus and wait for it all to fade. Anything he says is only going to feed the fire. He should go into no comment mode and treat the affair like it was his own private business. Which it should have been from the start. I don't know why his Grandmother dying was such a big story? Hell a lot of guys his age playing sports have elderly loved ones die from cancer. Of course it hurts. Why is it supposed to be such big news? It was a media created story and he punked them by adding an additional piece of bullcrap that they could feed to the wimps that love this kind of soap opera stuff. They got what they wanted. Why give them more?

white is right

Hall of Famer
I hear you brother. This is more of the pussification of sports and society in general. For example my local sports squawk radio is going on 72 hours straight of this ridiculous story. I have to admit it is so bizzarre that some following of it is inevitable.

What gets me about it is how the MSM sports media missed on this one. I don't believe it for a minute. Some guy from ESPN was trying to deflect criticism of the way his station got duped by making lame excuses about how it was a great story and no expected this and blah blah blah, but then you hear that ESPN has a camp of reporters at Teo's buddy's house in California, a full camera crew in Hawaii trying to track down his dad, etc.

If they are so interested now, what happened when this "girl" died? She was this guys girlfriend, a big story, was in a car accident, got lukemia, got mentioned by Teo many times. So she dies in southern Cal and no network, not even ESPN sends a reporter and camera to the funereal to snap some pics or talk to the bereaved family? That doesn't sound like the ghoul media of today which never passes up on a chance to intrude in a families suffering for some "human interest" drama.

My thinking is that they knew. Didn't say anything because they didn't want to spoil the story of a non-white magical samoan or hawaiian or whatever mongrel breed he claims to be. And they knew that when it exploded in the poor idiots face they would reap the benefit of non-stop interest in the sordid details.

If I was this Teo guy I wouldn't say a thing to the media. What business is it of theirs? If he feels he was hoaxed then he shouldn't have to talk about it. He should stay out of the media circus and wait for it all to fade. Anything he says is only going to feed the fire. He should go into no comment mode and treat the affair like it was his own private business. Which it should have been from the start. I don't know why his Grandmother dying was such a big story? Hell a lot of guys his age playing sports have elderly loved ones die from cancer. Of course it hurts. Why is it supposed to be such big news? It was a media created story and he punked them by adding an additional piece of bullcrap that they could feed to the wimps that love this kind of soap opera stuff. They got what they wanted. Why give them more?
The latest story is that he made up "her" death because drug dealers were looking to kill her. If you want a fantastical tale he might as well say a bunch of wild Samoans who had never seen civilization wanted to cook her for a sacrifice like on Gilligan's Island.....:icon_mrgreen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzIrObe3IbQ

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
The latest story is that he made up "her" death because drug dealers were looking to kill her. If you want a fantastical tale he might as well say a bunch of wild Samoans who had never seen civilization wanted to cook her for a sacrifice like on Gilligan's Island.....:icon_mrgreen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzIrObe3IbQ
I think Manti is going to have a beard like Rasputin soon...:biggrin:http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/363076?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Just to get an idea of how the MSM protects their favorite pets notice that not one place (that I have seen) has floated the idea of some kind of possible football related issue with this strange tale. For example many pundits have gone on about how this clown was "hoaxed" but never delves into why. Even Manti Te'o himself has insinuated he is the "victim" of a massive hoax. One place even floated the idea that he was black mailed. Blackmail? For what? He's a poor minority college student going to ND on a gift scholorship.

Isn't it just the tiniest bit possible he was black mailed into playing poorly? Look at his woeful effort in the Championship game where he was about as visable as his imaginary girlfriend. Shouldn't there be some talk of this scam being related to blackmailing him as a player and effecting the outcome of a game? Wouldn't the poor play of their superstar ND linebacker insure that Alabama would win? If you were a gambler with big bucks on the Crimson Tide wouldn't it be nice to know that the others teams key defensive player was compromised?

I'm not saying that it happened, just that it is a possibility, and the sports media, who didn't look into his strange story of his girlfriend when it was going on is also not bringing up any talk of how this possibly could have effected his play, and thus the big game.

Just to get an idea of how the MSM protects their favorite pets notice that not one place (that I have seen) has floated the idea of some kind of possible football related issue with this strange tale. For example many pundits have gone on about how this clown was "hoaxed" but never delves into why. Even Manti Te'o himself has insinuated he is the "victim" of a massive hoax. One place even floated the idea that he was black mailed. Blackmail? For what? He's a poor minority college student going to ND on a gift scholorship.

Isn't it just the tiniest bit possible he was black mailed into playing poorly? Look at his woeful effort in the Championship game where he was about as visable as his imaginary girlfriend. Shouldn't there be some talk of this scam being related to blackmailing him as a player and effecting the outcome of a game? Wouldn't the poor play of their superstar ND linebacker insure that Alabama would win? If you were a gambler with big bucks on the Crimson Tide wouldn't it be nice to know that the others teams key defensive player was compromised?

I'm not saying that it happened, just that it is a possibility, and the sports media, who didn't look into his strange story of his girlfriend when it was going on is also not bringing up any talk of how this possibly could have effected his play, and thus the big game.

That's an interesting angle, and the first time I have seen it suggested. There's enough money at stake to make anything possible. My only problem with the theory is the apparent long-term nature of the scam. That said, once in place, it becomes a matter of the scam being made public. Of course, a linebacker facing a very good OL makes it a tough fix. Even if he had played really well, Alabama is still better than Notre Dame. I think you need several players or a QB to really shave points in football. I'm going with Manti is gay and/or retarded, at least until I see something that will knock me off of that. If blackmail is the reason, it's because he's a poof. The first openly gay football player will be white. I'm sure the search is extensive.

Hawaiian/polynesian=black, for caste purposes. It's a weird system, and one that actually hurts its progenitors in a way, because Jew=white is another messaging outcome. It cracks me up a little that their few good athletes actually work against their perverse world view, but I digress. For that reason (Manti=black) I think the media bought the story. Also, they love Notre Dame. The sportswriters of the northeast and midwest are legion, and they love them some "Irish". If he played for any other team, he might be 1st team all-conference. Non-white, playing for Notre Dame? He could have said his girlfriend was from Alpha Centari, and ESPN would have run with it. My only surprise is that the supposed girlfriend wasn't a blond.

i was just havin' a good laugh about the tail-end of this story.. (that has gone lightly reported).
Did you guys hear about the Islander Arizona Cardinal who chimed in after, AFTER it was established Teo's girl was imaginary (?)
Homeboy is still tryin to say she's real, and he met & corresponded with her during and after some charity stuff they did together.

I love it
:rockon:

white is right

Hall of Famer
i was just havin' a good laugh about the tail-end of this story.. (that has gone lightly reported).
Did you guys hear about the Islander Arizona Cardinal who chimed in after, AFTER it was established Teo's girl was imaginary (?)
Homeboy is still tryin to say she's real, and he met & corresponded with her during and after some charity stuff they did together.

I love it
:rockon:
The latest on this comedy is that the Pacific islander that was his "friend" wanted to be his lover and has come out of the closet to "Dr." Phil. If you hear this guy talk you know he's as queer as 3 dollar bill. I guess we have a remake of Roxanne the 2000's era version..:scared:http://espn.go.com/college-football...asosopo-dr-phil-mcgraw-voice-manti-teo-not-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUgPNU_mRLQ

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The media coverage of Teo has been so over the top, even after he addressed the media, that it seems more and more likely that he is indeed homosexual and the system is hoping he'll make a public announcement of it after he's drafted, thus becoming the long cherished active homo player in the NFL that the queer-dominated power structure has dreamed about for so long.

The team that drafts him likely knows what's coming. If he does "come out" it'll be an endless media circus on a par with the warped "Tebowmania" coverage, except all of it will be positive.

When will he be drafted? He ran a slow 40 and didn't look good in the field drills from what little I saw. San Francisco seems like an ideal destination but they're very strong at inside LB.