Mac Jones

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Quarterback Mac Jones, taken by New England with the 15th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, is already looking like a star. He's a candidate for Rookie of the Year. The Patriots are heading to the playoffs in his first year as their starter.

Looks like another great White quarterback has entered the league. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the years to come.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
His detractors claim that Jones can't throw deep. Here's a video refuting that claim.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The most NFL ready QB in that Draft Class!

Yes the New England Patriots made an excellent pick. There is still nothing better than a traditional drop back qb with a strong arm and accuracy. Even
the living legend Tom Brady still proves this in him mid 40's. Mac Jones is a genius and his arm strength is alot better than the lieing media reports. He
also has the accuracy that very few have. Jones can put a ball on a rope all over the field.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mac Jones has been really good this year. He's proof positive of how the draft and supposed "experts" overthink things (or perhaps over simplify them by using race as the #1 determining factor when it comes to drafting players). Jones has been the best rookie QB this season. Lawrence has shown some flashes for sure and I feel he will get better with time - no worries with him. The way Jones was treated/viewed leading up to the draft should certainly cause a sea change in the way players are evaluated but as we all know Jones success will be attributed to the "Patriot way" and the offensive system.

Jones should be a conversation as to what "upside" really is. Jones will certainly hit some bumps in the road as teams get more film/tape on him but his intelligence, accuracy and anticipation should all improve with experience. I've certainly soured on the Patriots in recent years as Belichick's teambuilding methods have fallen in line with the rest of the league but he certainly played the 2021 1st round right - getting Mac Jones.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
His detractors claim that Jones can't throw deep. Here's a video refuting that claim.

I love that video! Mac Jones is turning some heads and getting the job done even though it's an uphill climb there at New England. His accuracy is good, and yes he can throw the ball deep and stretch the field and his judgment is improving every game! I hope they make the playoffs.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
And I should add that I thought at the beginning of the season the Bills would run away with that division. I like the Bills and I kind of prefer them to win the division but they have been disappointing for the last 3 weeks and even more in some areas of their game. I know a lot of you have soured on Bilichek the last couple of years but I actually wouldn't mind if the Patriots win the division and the Bills just get in with the wild card or either way.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
After being wrong about Mac Jones before the draft, the MSM is now giving credit for New England's success to everybody and everything other than Mac Jones. It's the scheme, it's the defense, it's the offensive coordinator - it's anything other than Mac Jones. Their criticism was and is rooted in anti-white male bigotry.

They still won't admit they're wrong. They still won't give credit to a White man who is a classic drop back passer and who wins because he excels at the mental aspect of playing quarterback.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's a pre-draft scouting report by maverick scout Daniel Kelly. He rateed Jones as the second best prospect in the draft, behind Justin Fields.

He also said he wouldn't draft Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson or Trey Lance in any round of the draft, which I thought was pretty stupid.

Anyway , he has a different take on Jones.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/mac-jones-2/

Quiet Speed

Mentor
After being wrong about Mac Jones before the draft, the MSM is now giving credit for New England's success to everybody and everything other than Mac Jones. It's the scheme, it's the defense, it's the offensive coordinator - it's anything other than Mac Jones. Their criticism was and is rooted in anti-white male bigotry.

They still won't admit they're wrong. They still won't give credit to a White man who is a classic drop back passer and who wins because he excels at the mental aspect of playing quarterback.

I saw a black commentor explain Jones' success was due to the team's collective and every player's effort to build his confidence. He made it sound like Jones was incapable of performing unless he had 24/7 positive feedback. I guess he would be ready to fall apart without this gracious behavior. White QB's have to be perfect in today's environment or else. And when they're pretty close to perfect, still the hammer falls.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Colin Cowherd made a ridiculous broadcast saying the Patriots should trade Mac Jones. He doesn't say who they should replace him with.

Th MSM continues it's false narrative that traditional, white dropback passers are antiquated.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here's a retrospective of pre-draft takes on Mac Jones.

Thanks Extra Point. Mac Jones is way more athletic than the sports media and DWF's want to give him credit for.. Same story different day of course. His measurables were very favorable to Mahomes and his pro day #'s in 40 (4.72 & 4.68) , vertical (32") and agility were actually better than Mahomes. Mahomes does have elite arm talent though. I don't think Jones is quite there on that but he can make all the necessary throws. I came across this comparison the other day. Worth taking a look if interested. You can FF to last couple of minutes to see actual measurables but also good game play breakdowns in video.