Lynch... Again!

C Darwin

Mentor
Marshawn Lynch Arrested in California
Faces Gun Possession Charge
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/Marshawn_Lynch_Arrested_in_Ca lifornia_20090215

CULVER CITY, CA (WIVB) - Bills running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested earlier this week in California. He was charged with felony possession of a concealed firearm. The incident, first reported by profootballtalk.com, has been confirmed to News 4 by police in Culver City, CA.

Lynch was arrested Wednesday, February 11 in Culver City, which is located outside of Los Angeles. The arrest came three days after Lynch played at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

Here is the official news release from the Culver City, CA police:

On Wednesday Evening, February 11 2009, Culver City Police Officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they contacted three adult males seated in a 2006 Mercedes Benz. Upon contacting the occupants they learned one of the subjects was Buffalo Bills running back; Marshawn Lynch. A subsequent field investigation led to the discovery of a loaded firearm. The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for posession of a concealed firearm. Lynch was transported to CCPD booked and later released on bail. The case will be submitted to the District Attorney's Office for filing consideration.

Lynch was released on a $35,000 bond. The case now moves to the District Attorney.

This afternoon, the Buffalo Bills issued the following statement through VP of Communications Scott Berchtold:

"We can confirm that Marshawn was arrested in California and has retained an attorney. We are in the process of trying to gather the facts and will not offer a comment while that process is ongoing."

It is the second brush with the law for Lynch in the last year. He was involved in a hit and run incident in downtown Buffalo in May 2008.He pled guilty to failing to use sufficient care to avoid hitting a pedestrian and was fined $100 dollars.

Lynch was not suspended by the NFL for that incident, but could face suspension this time for both the charge and repeat offender status.

C Darwin

Mentor
On one hand, Lynch is a moron and deserves what he gets.

On the other hand, he truly is a victim of gun grabbers.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If I drove around in a Mercedes with lots of 'bling', I'd carry a gun, too, regardless.

Kinda cryptic police report, too. 'Contacted' three males 'sitting' in a Mercedes? lol WTF does that mean?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I want to know how the police got cause to search his car; was he swerving and looking under the influence of a drug? Or was it simply profiling.

Many times, from my experience, police officers just take the liberty to search a vehicle without cause because they have the badge and the court will find in their favor. They especially do this if the occupants of the vehicle aren't too polite or if it is black males in an expensive vehicle.

I had cop get real intimidating (accused me of looking stoned; don't know what gave him that impression.) and demand to search my car, for merely coming to a rolling stop here in Jersey; never had my car searched when I lived in Canada in my 10 years of driving there.

If I didn't give this cop permission he seemed like the type that would have searched my car anyway. I'm an upstanding citizen so nothing was found.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The article doesn't say the car was searched (it says field investigation), but how else would they have found a "concealed" firearm unless it was on his person.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Many times, from my experience, police officers just take the liberty to search a vehicle without cause because they have the badge and the court will find in their favor. They especially do this if the occupants of the vehicle aren't too polite or if it is black males in an expensive vehicle.

That's the same kind of whining so often heard from blacks and bleeding heart white liberals. Police often have good reason to be suspicious of black males in expensive vehicles. Even extremely well paid pro athletes can't seem to stay out of trouble when it comes to "vehicular activity."

Thanks to this type of incessant complaining by the NAACP and anti-white whites, along with accompanyinglawsuits, police are often restricted from properly pursuing investigations because the occupants of a suspicious vehicle are black. When 12 percent of the population is responsible for a large majority of serious crimes, the need for racial profiling should be understood and accepted as clearly as it is when it comes to Muslims boarding airplanes by those who accept the official version of 9/11. The problem is that there is not enough racial profiling rather than too much.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
You make some good points; especially about terrorists trying to attack the United States almost always being Muslim; Airports shouldn't feel they have to hassle or pat down old white women to keep the ACLU from going after them for racial profiling.

But my point was there seems to be a lot of cases with vehicles where there is no real probable cause and the officer just takes liberties to demand a search of the vehicle. Some will still do it without permission if he gets a no answer.

There is definitely a higher "chance" (don't know statistically how much higher) that a few black men in an expensive car in the city might have gotten the flashy car from dealing drugs or stealing it through gang affiliation; but I still think that too many cops automatically are trying to go to great lengths to prove guilt when there is no real smoking gun there.

This is just from my experience living here in Jersey. I know a few other people who had a similar experience that happened to me happen with a cop demanding to search their vehicle for a minor traffic violation (like coming to a rolling stop or going 43 MPH in a 35 MPH zone).

I'd rather have the government find it easy to listen into phone calls without much evidence to prevent major terrorist attacks; than small town police departments being less discriminatory with who they hire (seems to be a problem in my area) and just take liberties to search a vehicle. One guy I have hung out with before smokes weed sometimes and if he had dropped even one leaf I could have gotten arrested because of this overbearing officer. Sorry for the long post; just addressing what you posted.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:
There is definitely a higher "chance" (don't know statistically how much higher) that a few black men in an expensive car in the city might have gotten the flashy car from dealing drugs or stealing it through gang affiliation; but I still think that too many cops automatically are trying to go to great lengths to prove guilt when there is no real smoking gun there.

This is just from my experience living here in Jersey. I know a few other people who had a similar experience that happened to me happen with a cop demanding to search their vehicle for a minor traffic violation (like coming to a rolling stop or going 43 MPH in a 35 MPH zone).

Unless you and your friends are black, this goes against your previous, unsubstantiated, "gut feeling"claim that this happens primarily to blacks due to racial profiling.

It never fails to amaze me how white liberalslike to thinkthe government (and by extension the police) are still somehow "white supremacist" as if nothing has changed since the Civil War and blacks are always in danger of being lynched by the Klan.There's been endless instances postedjust on this sitewhere black athleteshave "miraculously" had criminal charges against them dropped, only to be arrested again on different charges.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think you have to give a police officer permission to search your car. If you don't, anything he finds is inadmissable. Now I'm sure the finer points of that law have been whittled down but I think it is still your right to tell them no. Unfortunately people don't know this and are intimidated into letting them search.

I had a cop ask me to open my trunk once and I said "no", he was pissed and wrote me the maximum ticket that he could for the offense he had stopped me for, but he didn't get to look in my trunk. I probably should have let him look because there was nothing in there and it cost me an additional $100 in fines but what the hell, sometimes standing on principle is expensive.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
There is definitely a higher "chance" (don't know statistically how much higher) that a few black men in an expensive car in the city might have gotten the flashy car from dealing drugs or stealing it through gang affiliation; but I still think that too many cops automatically are trying to go to great lengths to prove guilt when there is no real smoking gun there. This is just from my experience living here in Jersey. I know a few other people who had a similar experience that happened to me happen with a cop demanding to search their vehicle for a minor traffic violation (like coming to a rolling stop or going 43 MPH in a 35 MPH zone).

Unless you and your friends are black, this goes against your previous, unsubstantiated, "gut feeling" claim that this happens primarily to blacks due to racial profiling. 

It never fails to amaze me how white liberals like to think the government (and by extension the police) are still somehow "white supremacist" as if nothing has changed since the Civil War and blacks are always in danger of being lynched by the Klan. There's been endless instances posted just on this site where black athletes have "miraculously" had criminal charges against them dropped, only to be arrested again on different charges.

I have heard 3 different stories about cops demanding a car search from people in conversation when I told some people what happened to me.

But 3 out of 4 incidents including mine were in this one particular town near where I live that is NOTORIOUS for power obsessed police.

One of the three guys I also heard about this happening to is a black guy who's friends with my cousin.

My main point wasn't to make an issue of profiling (there are certainly areas where cops have to be suspicious of blacks and gang activity).

I just have heard many times of cops abusing people's civil liberties here in Jersey. Just because the cop is suspicious of black guys in a bling bling car doesn't mean he should be able to just search the car with nothing suspicious in view with no permission.

The cop that pulled me over was a huge a-hole, the kind that I am amazed could become a cop, he broke a few things in my car looking for drugs and left me standing in the rain for 20 minutes for no reason; then a second cop came; they of course found nothing and I should have filed a complaint; he was a very intimidating guy. I try not to drive through that town if I don't have to.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Also when I said profiling I should have indicated I meant all types not just racial. Police will profile people with Anxiety disorders or in my case Bi-Polar. For some reason this cop was completely convinced I was on drugs which doesn't make any sense to me. I wasn't real nervous until I sensed what an a-hole and hot head this cop was; never had an issue with a cop before. The cops in this one town need serious training on identifying criminals. Believe me everyone talks about this particular town.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I can certainly commiserate with you having to go through that kind of nonsense. Cops need to have common sense and empathy. If there's no probable cause they should not be allowed to go on a fishing expedition to see if they can find something. Police have alarge amount of power and the ones who misuse it give all of them a bad rep.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Also when I said profiling I should have indicated I meant all types not just racial. Police will profile people with Anxiety disorders or in my case Bi-Polar.

How does a cop know if someone has an anxiety disorder or is bi-polar?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I told this cop after he was continuously accussing me of being on drugs for a while (and I started to get real nervous) that I was on meds for anxiety and Bi-polar. After that he got even nastier (which is hard to do) and more suspicious. I shouldn't have told this cop anything personal, but I thought it might explain to him why I seemed anxious (when he wanted me to walk a straight line and then follow his light pen with my eyes for the second time) even though it was really this cops very intimidating demeanor. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Riggins, your post doesn't answer jaxvid's question: How can the cop profile you for being bi-polar or for an anxiety disorder unless you tell him? It isn't like that's something he can see driving by and pull you over 'for' it.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I did tell this cop. I mean he was already harassing me at that point making me play 20 questions and asked why I seem abnormally nervous. I told him and the cops demeanor got even worse afterward. I guess he just thought I was making up a lie for why I seemed nervous. It was really this particular cop that made me nervous though.

I don't technically have an anxiety disorder, but have Bi-Polar and an auditory processing disorder too which is why I always re-read my posts once or twice after I post it and often edit them. When this cop was asking me all sorts of questions that weren't the typical stop questions my response might have been a little slow.

This cop asked me just about every question in the book, and then when I told him about being on Meds for anxiety and Bi-polar he got worse, he did repeated sobriety tests which I passed and then demanded a car search and broke some things in it searching places. It just got worse and worse with this guy and I have never encountered a cop like this before.

My point is basically that there are all types of profiling (sometimes they're legit, sometimes not) and lots of cops in my area anyway don't use the best judgment or demeanor with dealing with people to make the right assessment of a situation. I mean IMO I was fine at first with this cop (hadn't been swerving, my eyes were fine and answered his early questions fine, but the guy was a hound and just kept asking more and more questions and got EXTREMELY accusatory.)

With Lynch I don't know the full story so I shouldn't have made assumptions, but it is very possible the cop took liberties without any cause and demanded to search the car; that stuff seems to happen a lot these days. The report said a field investigation, but didn't say anything about a weird object showing or weird behavior of the suspects.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Riggs, the definition of profiling means the cop pulls you over without other probable cause, and BEFORE HE TALKS TO YOU.

The point is he did not and could not have 'targeted' you for a traffic stop because of your disorder because he had no way of knowing BEFORE HE SPOKE TO YOU.

He has no way of knowing if your bi-polar, schizo, diabetic, or anything else just from watching you drive by on the road. Therefore, he cannot profile or 'target' you for a traffic stop for that specific reasons.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I guess that is true if you mean for pulling over. I wasn't trying to make an overly Pro-black post. What I basically was trying to say is how did they know to search Lynch's car? It seems that is how they found the gun. I assume it wasn't visible or the media report would have said. Pulling him over likely wasn't profiling. He most likely made a traffic violation. This is just my experience with officers in my area searching vehicles without just cause. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Well, in Lynch's case it wouldn't surprise me if the cop pulled them over because they're three black males in an expensive car, not sure where they were at but he might have expected to find guns or drugs - which he did.

Profiling blacks is obviously possible because you can see that they're, well, black, as opposed to seeing someone with a disorder that has no obvious physical manifestations at a glance.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Unless you and your friends are black, this goes against your previous, unsubstantiated, "gut feeling"claim that this happens primarily to blacks due to racial profiling.

It never fails to amaze me how white liberals like to think the government (and by extension the police) are still somehow "white supremacist" as if nothing has changed since the Civil War and blacks are always in danger of being lynched by the Klan.There's been endless instances posted just on this site where black athleteshave "miraculously" had criminal charges against them dropped, only to be arrested again on different charges.

The idea that blacks are treated worse than whites by the criminal justice system is not just a myth it's an outright lie, perpetrated by black supremacists and anti-white racists.

Blacks are treated better than whites across the board by the criminal justice system. They're less likely to be stopped, arrested or prosecuted for the same activity as whites. Studies have proven it. The New Jersey Turnpike Racial Profiling Study is one such study.

The truth is directly opposite to what the black supremacists and anti-whites claim. The liberal propaganda machine heavily promotes the lie that blacks are treated worse in the criminal justice system. As a result, this false belief is so firmly entrenched in the minds of some people that they can't even question it, let alone accept the truth.

davidholly

Mentor
Liberals like to rag on about how the death penalty disproportionately effect blacks, completely oblivious to the fact that blacks are far more like to commit capital crimes than whites. They also never bother to look up the fact that even though blacks are disproportionately sentenced to death the government is less likely to follow through with their punishment than with whites.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Liberals like to rag on about how the death penalty disproportionately effect blacks, completely oblivious to the fact that blacks are far more like to commit capital crimes than whites. They also never bother to look up the fact that even though blacks are disproportionately sentenced to death the government is less likely to follow through with their punishment than with whites.

Remember Tookie Williams? The scum killed those Taiwanese immigrants and the blacks were trying to get his death sentence overturned. Talking him up on how he "changed" for the better. Glad The Terminator didn't give in to the nonsense.

O

Obama420

"We can confirm that Marshawn was arrested in California and has retained an attorney. We are in the process of trying to gather the facts and will not offer a comment while that process is ongoing.":exclamation:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"We can confirm that Marshawn was arrested in California and has retained an attorney. We are in the process of trying to gather the facts and will not offer a comment while that process is ongoing.":exclamation:

The last time Lynch was arrested was for DUI back in 2012. The exact quote posted above can be found in an ESPN article about Lynch being arrested as a member of the Bills some 6 years ago...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3909366

This poster is a spammer.