LUCIAN BUTE

white is right

Hall of Famer
Miranda has looked spectacular against B/C grade opposition and mediocre to poor against A grade. He is what they used to call a tv fighter. I suspect he will win a belt at 168 because Calzaghe will vacate his 3 belts, but he will never unify any of the belts and will probably lose spectacularly against a star down the road.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
So it's good to see that Lucian Bute will be getting some exposure on Showtime this Friday. He's up against a very tough opponent in the iron-chinned Librado Andrade.

Sean

Mentor
What an incredible 12th round! Bute dominated the fight, but was then knocked down with 4 seconds left in the fight! The ref took a very long time to count, and when he picked it up Bute got up.

Sean

Mentor
Bute was up by 8 by the way. The knockdown at 2-3 seconds left, Bute gp by 8, was very wobbly, but the fight was over. I think the damage had accumulated by all the headbutts and elbows Andrade landed.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Scores 117-109 115-111 115-110

I'm a little disappointed in Bute's performance but this makes Kessler look really good going into his bout tomorrow.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
shawn1262231 said:
Scores 117-109 115-111 115-110

I'm a little disappointed in Bute's performance but this makes Kessler look really good going into his bout tomorrow.

I was a bit disappointed that Bute didn't stick to a gameplan that was working beautifully for him, and instead decided to take the risk of fighting Andrade's fight in the last round, and exchange punches at short range.

But the ending wasn't as controversial as Farhood was making it out to be, Bute was up at about 6 or 7 seconds and steady by about 9 or 10. There were only five seconds left in the fight when he went down. Back in the 70s, stoppages were not as quick, so this wouldn't have seemed unusual at all.

Looking forward to the Kessler fight tomorrow!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched the replay, and Bute was up at between 8 and 9. As long as he did that I don't see all the controversy being made that Andrade was robbed of a knockout.

Bute fought a great fight but just plain ran out of gas in the 12th. Andrade had excellent endurance. He came within a second or two of victory.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I also just watched the replay. This is why I love this sport. Man, what a finish! Bute fought a great fight and displayed great speed and ring generalship until the last round. He just ran out of gas.

Labrade got over anxious and started to walk toward Bute while the ref was giving the count. If he did not start to walk toward the ref and interupt him, he would have finished his count and would have given Labrade at least 4 seconds to finish Bute. Oh well.

What Farhood fails to state is that Labrade FAILED to stay in his corner as directed, after the knock down. His BAD. As the ref stated, Labrade cost himself the fight. The ref did a great job. Farhood is either being a prick or a jew, whats the difference.
smiley36.gif
And WTF is Farhood saying that this fight was 30 seconds too long for Labrade. I believe a championship fight is 12 rounds, not 11 1/2 rounds. Farhood just lost my respect.

Labrade has that lethal combination of a iron chin, heavy hands and superior endurance, like Antonio Margarito and that rugged light middleweight fighter, Angulo.

If I am Bute, I feel good. Just have to put in more road work and endurance drills, he looked great until the last 45 seconds of the fight. Don't forget, that Labrade is a real top contender and will be avoided after this fight. After Pavlik's poor showing last week, I am glad Bute was able to hang on. Now if only McCain can beat BO and those stupid esmasculated whites, the next two weeks will be great!
smiley2.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the misspelling of Andrade's name to him and caste members. One too many brewiski's
smiley36.gif

Like I said a great fight, where we saw excellence in Bute and courage, determination in Andrade who almost pulled it off.

Congrats to both of them.
smiley32.gif

Everyone here knows that I stop at nothing to support white brothers. Bute clearly got Ko'd. He got stopped. I hate to say it (although Andrade has always has always acted with class)but Bute was GONE. Absolutely, positively GONE. He looked like a dead man.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
JD1986 wrote:

"I was a bit disappointed that Bute didn't stick to a gameplan that was working beautifully for him, and instead decided to take the risk of fighting Andrade's fight in the last round, and exchange punches at short range."

I agree with this. You may add that the crowd in Montreal went wild after Andrade was knocked down in the 10th round and Bute let the crowd influence his game plan.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah Andrade was slightly robbed, but so what? He had 11 and a half rounds to take Bute out but Lucian dominated him. Besides, as Don says, by the rulebook it is a just decision.

How many of our fighters got screwed by worse decisions (Axel Schulz, Golota, Dale Brown ...etc).

A rematch is in order and Bute will outbox him for 12 rounds this time (rather than just 11 and a half).

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
What Farhood fails to state is that Labrade FAILED to stay in his corner as directed, after the knock down. His BAD. As the ref stated, Labrade cost himself the fight. The ref did a great job. Farhood is either being a prick or a jew, whats the difference.
smiley36.gif
And WTF is Farhood saying that this fight was 30 seconds too long for Labrade. I believe a championship fight is 12 rounds, not 11 1/2 rounds. Farhood just lost my respect.

Steve Farhood is Jewish. He's a typically anti-white Jewish commentator, like Max Kellerman.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone watch the fight before Bute's? Thomas Hearns' son vs. a white kid from Montreal. The Caste-speak from the announcer doing the call was unbearable the entire fight. Non-stop putdowns of Clavette and non-stop glorification of Hearns and his "athleticism."

Sean

Mentor
aussieaussie31 said:
Everyone here knows that I stop at nothing to support white brothers. Bute clearly got Ko'd. He got stopped. I hate to say it (although Andrade has always has always acted with class)but Bute was GONE. Absolutely, positively GONE. He looked like a dead man.

The thing you have to remember is that it's the final round. 3 seconds left as Bute goes down. That means all he has to do isstand up before ten, and he's ok. He doesn't need to be able to continue, only stand. Despite all the "controversy" Bute was clearly up around 7 or 8 seconds. It would be exactly the same if the final punch of the fight opened the worst cut in boxing history. The ref wouldn't call it because of the situation. I really hope Bute gives Andrade a rematch, because he dominated him and had him down. Next time he'll be able to finish him convincingly.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Did anyone watch the fight before Bute's? Thomas Hearns' son vs. a white kid from Montreal. The Caste-speak from the announcer doing the call was unbearable the entire fight. Non-stop putdowns of Clavette and non-stop glorification of Hearns and his "athleticism."
Well they certainly weren't talking about his boxing ability which is marginal at best. If he wasn't Tommy's son would anybody think he was a good prospect? He doesn't have the speed or the power of his old man. I'm not sure he could beat his pops now.....
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hearns was much taller and his reach advantage looked to be about a foot, which is why Clavette never had much of a chance, but that wasn't mentioned during the fight.

Hearns is 29 and hasn't really fought anyone yet. Even the otherwise Caste announcer was saying his defensive skills leave a lot to be desired.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
There has been alot of positive media coverage of white boxers lately though. I'm watching a fight of Bute against Sakio Bika right now on youtube. He moves real well and could be champ for a while. I also notice Teddy Atlas's score card is extremely biased in favor of Bika even though Bute dominated this fight. Surprise, Surprise.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey Don and members, there is talk of Hearns fighting Duddy. That fight will be a good match up and tell us where these fighters stand. You take about a Caste match up, this is one and I can't wait for it. Duddy however, has to win his next fight. Go Duddy.

JD074

Master
Sean said:
The thing you have to remember is that it's the final round. 3 seconds left as Bute goes down. That means all he has to do isstand up before ten, and he's ok. He doesn't need to be able to continue, only stand. Despite all the "controversy" Bute was clearly up around 7 or 8 seconds.

Exactly. There was NO robbery. Period. By my count, Bute's knees touched the canvas with two seconds left, and he was up at around 8 seconds. (Using a stopwatch, my counts were between 7.7 and 8.8.) And that was without the ref being in his face and counting to ten. If he had done so, instead of yelling to Andrade, he might've gotten up even sooner.

If anything, the ref screwed over Bute, not Andrade. This so-called "robbery" will follow Bute around for years. Bute should be applauded for his heart and toughness, not derided as a recipient of a "gift" win. It was amazing how long he stayed on his feet! All the ref had to do was give a normal ten count and Bute would've beat it, and there would have been no time for Andrade to land any more blows. But this mistake wasn't enough for the moronic ref. Then he had to screw Bute again by saying that Bute wouldn't have beaten a normal ten count! WTF!!!
smiley7.gif

And I agree with JD1986 and Maple Leaf that Bute shouldn't have traded him with him in the 12th. It sounded like his corner was urging him to finish strong. Stupid. Obviously we don't want fighters getting on their bikes all the time, but against someone like Andrade, you gotta do what you gotta do.