Lou Dobbs 180 on Illegals!!!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
It appears Dobbs is bowing down to the pressure and serving the Globalist Elite by calling for the legalization of invaders!
smiley7.gif

What the ... ? Lou Dobbs wants to legalize illegals!!!

Ex-CNN anchor suddenly champions amnesty, ripped as 'pathetic sellout'

Posted: November 25, 2009
3:30 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs, the illegal immigration opponent with possible presidential aspirations, is stunning many today as he recasts himself as a champion of Hispanic immigrants, now looking to legalize millions of illegal workers in the United States.

Despite his long-held opposition to "amnesty," Dobbs now actually supports a plan to legalize undocumented workers.

"Whatever you have thought of me in the past, I can tell you right now that I am one of your greatest friends and I mean for us to work together," he told Maria Celeste of the Spanish-language network Telemundo. (Click here for video of full interview). "I hope that will begin with Maria and me and Telemundo and other media organizations and others in this national debate that we should turn into a solution rather than a continuing debate and factional contest."

"Many Hispanics consider you to be the No. 1 enemy of Latinos," Celeste told Dobbs. "Do you think that the community is somehow misjudging you?"

"Oh, not somehow. Definitively, absolutely," Dobbs responded. "By the way, I don't believe for a moment that the Latino, Hispanic community in the United States believes that of me at all. It has been the efforts of the far left to characterize me in their propaganda as such."

Twice during the interview, Dobbs mentioned plans to legalize millions of illegal aliens in America, saying "we need the ability to legalize illegal immigrants under certain conditions."

"What isn't working
is a penalty to those who are in this country illegally for whom we can both be building a bridge to the future in which there is legalization and at the same time constructing an environment
in which everyone is clear and unequivocal about the need for border security and a regulated flow of immigration," Dobbs told Telemundo.

Dobbs' spokesman Bob Dilenschneider told the Wall Street Journal the former broadcaster draws a distinction between illegal aliens who have committed crimes since arriving in the U.S. and those who are "living upright, positive and constructive lives" who should be "integrated" into society. He said Dobbs recognizes the political importance of Hispanics and is "smoothing the water and clearing the air."

Reaction from the public is already strong, including online comments such as:

* "Obviously, the old boy is losing his wits. Never trust a politician, which is what Dobbs now is."

* "Well at least his disingenuousness is in keeping with a politician. On CNN: 'I hate you dirty foreigners!' Preparing to run for office: 'I love you foreigners! And you're not that dirty!'"

* "Just another pathetic sellout. Lou, don't bother."

* "The only thing Dobbs had going for him was his anti-illegal stance. He just blew it. Otherwise he's just another pundit. He's suddenly Bill O'Reilly."

Dobbs, 64, of Wantage, N.J., has admitted an interest in politics, and the New York Times reports a run for the U.S. Senate is possible in 2012 before testing presidential waters.

The Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, or ALIPAC, was stunned by Dobbs' apparent reversal, especially after it set up a website urging him to run for the presidency or Senate, a site which to date collected more than $666,000 in donations.

"This news is going to break a lot of hearts in America.The American people are suffering so much and so many of us, myself included, believed in Lou Dobbs," said William Gheen, president of ALIPAC. "I am hurt, dismayed, angry, sad, exasperated, red faced, embarrassed, and more after seeing this video."

Gheen is now asking for feedback from the public on Dobbs' new remarks.

It was just last week that Dobbs abruptly left CNN after decades with the cable network. The anchor's refusal to drop "birther" stories about challenges to President Obama's constitutional eligibility to hold office was a major source of contention with CNN management, leading the unconventional journalist to walk away from the network and more than $9 million, according to the New York Post.

***Reference article...

Westside

Hall of Famer
He just blew a hole in the bottom of his ship. Now the slow sinking of the ship is all that is left. Lou Dobbs another white man who is selling out.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I guess some of us who were getting ready to order - Lou Dobbs For President - bumper stickers will be disappointed.

When will we ever learn? We've seen it over and over again. We think someone who speaks of the constitution, abolishing the Fed, or is agitated over ILLEGAL immigration or whatever will automatically champion our cause. Ha! It's racial plain and simple. If they backpeddle or distance themselves from that--forget about em.All the convoluted rhetoric and endless debating of ancillary issues means ziltch and leads to nowhere but the status quo.

Bronk

Mentor
Well, this is proof positive that Lou is going to run for some political office. Undoubtedly some dang advisor has suggested he get "cover" and "distance" himself from the only damn political stance that seperated him from the herd of political sheep.

Welcome to irrelevence, Lou Dobbs; you have only yourself to blame.Edited by: Bronk

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pathetic, it reads like something out of The Onion.

Westside

Hall of Famer
What do Lou Dobbs and Jacob Hester have in common? Giving into bad advice and thinking its better to be somewhere than nowhere. But all the while slowly but surely disparging and burying the white man!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This was the only guy I liked on CNN for years. Now he goes and betrays himself and all of the rest of us. The USA is going into shambles. What a shame. Ron Paul in 2012!

Europe

Mentor
Legal immigration must also stop and he was neve against that as far as I could tell.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Idiot move if he plans to run for office. He just lost his base.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Rule #1...never trust anyone who is permitted to speak under "mainstream" conditions. Dobbs and Ron Paul are now run-of-the-mill political lemmings. Turds who are completely apathetic towards all ethnopolitics. Bart is 100% correct, the debating of all other "issues" is quite meaningless in comparison.

Mr. Lutefisk

I read somewhere ANU? a month or so ago how Dobbs wanted to double the amount of legal immigration into this country.I was not surprised to see this article. This will just divide the third party vote even more.