Julian Edelman

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

bigunreal

Mentor
If he makes the roster (no sure thing), Edelman looks like he will be restricted to special teams, possibly returning kicks. I don't think we'll see him on defense.

The cuts for the Patriots will be a litmus test for the Caste System. They have more white players presently than any NFL team in a very long time. If they are even a little bit fair, the number of whites on the opening day roster will rise above the magical number of 24 that seems to be the tipping point for the league.

I expect them to be receiving phone calls and emails from the league on this subject.

Great game for Edelman today. Two catches for 64 yards and a TD, plus a special teams TD on a freak play.

...and then knocked out of the game in the second half with a head injury. No word yet how serious.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The very talented but injury prone Edelman was placed on IR today with a broken foot.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The very talented but injury prone Edelman was placed on IR today with a broken foot.

That’s some rotten luck. He was making impact plays, lately, on a consistent basis. Well, Danny Woodhead will just have to take over were Edelman left off. hehe

backrow

Hall of Famer
rotoworld:

Patriots activated WR Julian Edelman (foot) from the active/PUP list.

Edelman, recovering from foot surgery and a May setback, missed all of OTAs and minicamp, so this is his first action since Week 13 of last season. He'll compete for the No. 2 receiver spot, but rookies Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, and Kenbrell Thompkins have had strong starts to camp. Edelman remains an intriguing sleeper because OC Josh McDaniels loves him, going so far as to play him ahead of Wes Welker last year before Edelman got hurt.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Edelman has 76 receptions in 13 games this year. He also has 5 TDs.

He's on pace for over 90 receptions and has a chance at 1000 yards.

Edelman is one of the reasons for the Patriots' success this year.

TwentyTwo

Master
Julian Edelman ended up with 105 receptions in the regular season & 10 more in the AFC Championship vs the Broncos. Interestingly enough he played 51% of the snaps on the outside...now looking to renegotiate his contract...hard to imagine he was on roster bubble before pre-season? Maybe bec of injuries...not due to ability!

Patriots' Julian Edelman: There's a short window in NFL

Edelman said that he had yet to sit down with his agents and come up with a plan. When asked if slot receivers are undervalued around the league, Edelman had a stat at the ready.

"I played 51 percent of the snaps outside, though," Edelman said. "But you can go ahead and call me a slot as well."

Translation: I want to get paid as an outside receiver. It would not be a surprise if Edelman got his best deal outside of New England.

*rest of article*
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...s-julian-edelman-theres-a-short-window-in-nfl

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Julian Edelman ended up with 105 receptions in the regular season & 10 more in the AFC Championship vs the Broncos. Interestingly enough he played 51% of the snaps on the outside...now looking to renegotiate his contract...hard to imagine he was on roster bubble before pre-season? Maybe bec of injuries...not due to ability!

Patriots' Julian Edelman: There's a short window in NFL

Edelman said that he had yet to sit down with his agents and come up with a plan. When asked if slot receivers are undervalued around the league, Edelman had a stat at the ready.

"I played 51 percent of the snaps outside, though," Edelman said. "But you can go ahead and call me a slot as well."

Translation: I want to get paid as an outside receiver. It would not be a surprise if Edelman got his best deal outside of New England.

*rest of article*
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...s-julian-edelman-theres-a-short-window-in-nfl

I went to the gym early yesterday morning and they had ESPN on. Black Panther Jemele Hill were on some show discussing the Patriots for a few minutes so I decided to watch. Both of these idiots were basically stating that the Patriots didn't get Brady a deep threat and that's why they lost. Obviously a shot at Edelman, Amendola, and Collie.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I went to the gym early yesterday morning and they had ESPN on. Black Panther Jemele Hill were on some show discussing the Patriots for a few minutes so I decided to watch. Both of these idiots were basically stating that the Patriots didn't get Brady a deep threat and that's why they lost. Obviously a shot at Edelman, Amendola, and Collie.
Yeah, that's the media theme on the Patriots this offseason. I saw somewhere that Randy Moss was blubbering about how he felt badly that Brady didn't have anyone to throw to this year. Nevermind that the Brady and the Patriots had a pretty good year, making it to the AFC Championship game before losing to an excellent Broncos team with some guy named Manning at the helm.

icsept

Master
The media consensus is that the Patriots need an elite (black) receiver - they apparently forgot that the Patriots already spent a 2nd round pick on Dobson last year. The Patriots only problem was red zone receiving without Gronk.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Edelman could be moving on from New England for a better salary. Could he be reunited with former coach, Bill O' Brien?

Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots: We’ll finish things up in New England today by taking a look at Edelman. He’s set to become a free agent this off-season and word is that he’s unlikely to stay with the Pats due to their reluctance to pay him an inflated salary.

One reported landing spot for Edelman could be Houston, who already have a couple of nice WRs to their credit in Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins. A few extra tweaks on offense could lead to a nice season in 2014, and Edelman could be a big part of those plans.

Read more at http://sportschatplace.com/nfl-pick...ayer-news-and-updates-for#8GBE7urktojAURv6.99

davidholly

Mentor
Oh look another receiver that Brady wants to keep that New England will just let go of.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Just like the situation with Welker its UNBELIEVABLE to me that they wouldnt just pay the man what hes asking for. Its hard for me to root for a team like this. YES they are a light in the darkness, but they keep purging their main WR. Two years in a row now.

scroat

Guru
Just like the situation with Welker its UNBELIEVABLE to me that they wouldnt just pay the man what hes asking for. Its hard for me to root for a team like this. YES they are a light in the darkness, but they keep purging their main WR. Two years in a row now.

I think its better like this. This'll be the third white star that they've "discovered" that has a chance to start. Welker and Woodhead wouldn't be household names without NE. I think this will create an opportunity for McGuffie who can hopefully make the best of it and be contributing on another team in a few years.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Following the release of headcase receiver, Devon Bess, Caste Cuckhold, Peter King, seems the Browns will be in contention to sign Edelman (or Eric Decker)…

The Cleveland Browns have been looking to get their roster improved as much as possible this offseason and given the fact that first-year head coach Rob Chudzinski was fired after a single season, there is incentive for Mike Pettine to get things right straight away.

One way the Browns could get better right now is to add a versatile receiver to their offense. Peter King from the MMQB believes that the Browns will have interest in Julian Edelman as well as Eric Decker this offseason: "In my mind, a great fit for Edelman would be Cleveland, which has money to spend and a hole at slot receiver. Cleveland could be in the mix for Eric Decker, who needs suitors."

Decker will want big money and he may decide to go to a team like Cleveland if they pay him enough. Edelman will likely return all offers he gets to the Patriots so that can attempt to match it but both receivers seem to be in play for Cleveland this upcoming free agency.

I've now seen Edelman's name connected to the Texans, Chiefs, Giants, Browns, and even the Broncos.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Interesting how guys like Jordy,Riley,Eric, and Julian have become household names yet were nearly shunned from the league. If not for their persistence,hard work and determination they would have never had a chance to showcase their natural talents in the NFL. So will gms and coaches in this copy cat league be brave enough to try and develop the next crop of white wideouts or will they face inevitable racial apprenticeship?

Wes Woodhead

Mentor

chris371

Mentor
Edelman rocked in the superbowl. He made awesome cuts in that game. He is almost impossible to cover when he makes cuts like on his td reception. On that red zone int by the seahawks he missed the tackle, got up again and made the hit, injuring the db. Edelman is a solidly built guy too. He can sure pack a hit when he wants too. Anyway that tackle on the int showed that he wasnt intimidated by the "legion of boom". In fact, if you pick off brady, watch out because Edelman is comin to clock you.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Edelman rocked in the superbowl. He made awesome cuts in that game. He is almost impossible to cover when he makes cuts like on his td reception. On that red zone int by the seahawks he missed the tackle, got up again and made the hit, injuring the db. Edelman is a solidly built guy too. He can sure pack a hit when he wants too. Anyway that tackle on the int showed that he wasnt intimidated by the "legion of boom". In fact, if you pick off brady, watch out because Edelman is comin to clock you.

He dominated in the Super Bowl. Despite his size he is a complete receiver. He reminds me of the white version of Steve Smith. Scrappy but very talented!!