Jordy Nelson

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This kid is special. He had a 89 yard punt return for a touchdown today and also caught 8 passes for 105 yards against Texas to help Kan.St. pull off the upset. Kansas State is going to be very good this year. They are now 3-1 and Jordy could end up leading the nation in receiving. He was in the top 5 coming into this weekend as he had over 200 yards last week. Keep it up the rest of the year. We might have a new, and even faster version of Mike Hass!
smiley32.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I saw his punt return and the thing that impressed me was how big he was. Anyone have the measurables?He looked like a big strong fast receiver

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He is about 6'3 215. Hopefully his draft stock is rising as he is a big physical WR that the NFL loves. His lack of black is the only thing that is really keeping him down to be honest. If he runs in the 4.4s he will be a first day pick. I am hoping he gets 1000 yds rec and scores 15 tds. He could be in the running for the biletnikoff at the end of the season too.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
From his KState bio...
Won 3A track titles in the 100, 200, 400 and long jump at the 2003 state meet... Set division records in the 100 meters (10.63) and 200 meters (21.64).

SteveB

Mentor
jacknyc said:
From his KState bio...
Won 3A track titles in the 100, 200, 400 and long jump at the 2003 state meet... Set division records in the 100 meters (10.63) and 200 meters (21.64).

He was also a top prospect in high school as an Olympic caliber decathlete. You would think with that type of athletic ability that he would be able to get a football scholarship, but no, he had to walk-on.

backrow

Hall of Famer
from an article on kansascity.com, linked by draftdaddy:

"Player of the game: Nelson (left). What else can you say about him? He did it as a wide receiver and returner. There were at least six NFL scouts in the house and the guess here â€â€￾ actually, it's a no-brainer â€â€￾ is that he dramatically increased his draft status."

511-nelson_09-30-2007_VRURJQ5.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

jared

Mentor
That was excellent, Jordy just smoked Aqib Talib (widely regarded as one of the best CB's in college football) for a 68 yard TD.

backrow

Hall of Famer
jared said:
That was excellent, Jordy just smoked Aqib Talib (widely regarded as one of the best CB's in college football) for a 68 yard TD.

jared, you beat me to it!

i was watching Illinois - Wisconsin and they cut to Kansas - KSU game and showed a clip of Nelson's TD. they even used "smoked" or something like that describing how Nelson absolutely burned Talib
smiley32.gif

this guy is literally moving up in draft with every single game!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nelson has been the best story this year, its great to see what he can do when completely healthy. He just ran right past that "superior" afflete...i couldn't help but get up and jump up and down.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
i couldn't help but get up and jump up and down.

prove it!
smiley17.gif

he's having a great game, 4-96 and a TD early in second quarter.

Just saw the clip on ESPN, they were said something like "don't throw the ball anywhere near Aqib Talib... unless it's to Jordy Nelson" and the announcer did say "burned' Talib for the 68 yd TD. The funny thing is the very next clip they showed the Kansas white RB #1 Jake Sharp scoring on the 20 yd TD run!

Edited by: Electric Slide

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Man do I wish I was watching this game. It sounds like it is very entertaining. Jordy Nelson is the next Kevin Curtis type receiver. He is taller but almost as fast. Jordy is also very strong and hard to bring down. He has the capibility to be a number one receiver playing on Sundays. Go Kan.State.

I'm glad to see Sharp doing a great job as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I see Nelson has more of a McCaffrey type. Great size, very physical and fast

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
KSU's black QB threw the game away! 3 INTs in the 4th, horrible. At least Jordy ended up with 10 catches for 135 and a TD. That gives him 52 for 632 yards and 3 TDs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordy Nelson is the number 5 receiver in the nation. He is just too good to be overlooked at the next level. They will have to draft this kid relatively high but he needs to go to the right team. Look what has happened to John Standeford, Mike Hass, David Ball, Matt Jones and countless others. He needs to go to a team where he can play right away. Hopefully Kansas State can keep winning and Nelson will shine.

jared

Mentor
I see him having a legit shot to go sub 4.4 as Matt Jones did. His hands and acrobatics are on par with David Ball and he is about 6'2"-6'3" and extremely productive. I think he'll go first day. I don't know how anyone could reasonably knock his skillset.

whiteCB

Master
jared said:
I see him having a legit shot to go sub 4.4 as Matt Jones did. His hands and acrobatics are on par with David Ball and he is about 6'2"-6'3" and extremely productive. I think he'll go first day. I don't know how anyone could reasonably knock his skillset.

If Nelson were black he'd be a sure fire 1st Rd pick but since he's not he'll have to settle for the 2nd or 3rd RDs.
smiley18.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
good article linked by draftdaddy.

from the article:

"On Saturday, though, he might be the lesser of two NFL prospects at the position. Oklahoma State's Adarius Bowman is bigger, probably more physical and, as the NFL personnel will inevitably insist, faster than Nelson.
How they'd be certain of this is unknown.

"I don't know how fast he is," K-State coach Ron Prince said of Nelson following the UT drubbing. "No one ever catches him, though."

Which is more or less what Nelson also told the Austin American-Statesman: "I'm fast enough that I don't get caught."

Meanwhile, we know how fast Bowman is.

According to ESPN's Scouts Inc., the 6-foot-3 ½, 225-pound wide receiver covers 40 yards in 4.48 seconds.

Nelson is listed as an inch shorter and about 12 pounds lighter, but he has to run a 4.5, doesn't he?

Granted, this was four years ago, but Nelson set Kansas Class 3A track records in the 100 meters (10.63 seconds) and the 200 (21.64). Just as a gauge, and this is in no way a direct comparison between Nelson and arguably the most electric player in the NFL, but Chicago's Devin Hester ran a wind-aided 10.42 in the preliminaries of the 100 at the Big East outdoor championships as a freshman at Miami in 2004."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boy oh boy can this kid flat out play his ass off! Jordy Nelson had 12 catches for 174 yards and 3 touchdowns! What else can you say. Kansas State lost
another heart breaker however by a last second field goal. This kid is a beast and will be a future pro bowler. There is just no stopping him. Defenses try everything but to no avail. Way to go Nelson! In my honest opinion, he is the best receiver in the nation!

G

white lightning said:
In my honest opinion, he is the best receiver in the nation!

He's a great wideout, but he'd be 3rd best receiver on Texas Tech. He only had 3 touchdowns coming into today's game. I like Amendola better, and Michael Crabtree'sa 17 touchdownfreak who's in awhole other galaxy than the rest of the wide receivers in the NCAA. He wrapped up the Biletnikoff award by week 6.