Jake Cimolino

Riddlewire

Master
jkcm.jpg

w.o.w.

This is Jake Cimolino. He's a junior at Fort Bragg high school in CA.
His junior stats:
223 carries, 2091 yards, 9.38avg, 26TD
(couldn't find his soph stats yet)

Pretty good numbers, sure. But lots of backs have good numbers.
Lots of RBs don't have these, however:
Sophomore Highlights
Junior Highlights

This guy is like a leaf in a hurricane. He might not be an elite sprinter, but the moves he shows off in these clips are second to none. Even in traffic the defense can't get a good hold on him. There's no need to cherry-pick some specific runs. Seemingly every snap is followed by his trademark dart and weave.
I can't find much information other than what is presented here. He runs track, but the only numbers I've been able to locate so far are from his Sophomore year (11.3-100m, 23.6-200m). He has no listing at Rivals or Scout. Shocking, huh? The thing is, he could be running around in a field by himself in his highlight clips. His moves are still worthy of attention. I've seen clips of highly rated runningbacks that aren't as impressive as Jake's. Watch his Soph video first. It's a good table-setter. And we could easily fill his comments section up, since his vids haven't attracted any attention yet.
If nothing else, I'm determined to get his name in the discussion for 2010 recruits. I don't care if I have to spam every D1A message board in America.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Great find Riddlewire! what this kid lacks in "ELITE" top-end speed he makes up for with elite vision and solid moves. He also fights for yards like a junk yard dog. He looks the making of a guy who could get pt for many of the schools in the FBS.

His 11.3 as a sophomore is already somewhere in the middle of the pack of RBs getting FBS offers and he can still hit the weight room and improve his top-end speed by graduation. The run at 7:18 really stood out in his JR highlight tape- he just has a knack for fighting out of traffic and finding daylight.

This kid has got enough tools for an FBS offer and the stats to go with them.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Riddlewire

Master
Early season (4 games) update on Jake:

Game 1: 126yds 4TD, 106yds receiving, 70yd Kick Return TD
(^^^^Couldn't find carries or receptions. Looked forever.)

Game 2: 16c 167yds 2TD, 80yd INT TD

Game 3: 8c 122yds 3TD, Returned fumble for TD

Game 4: 23c 322yds 4TD, 1 TD catch

Season to date: 737 yards rushing 13TDs, 4 other TDs.

There's bound to be game highlights available on the web somewhere. I'll have to keep looking.

Riddlewire

Master
/career

Jake had 1,102 yards and 22TD at the time of his injury. Unfortunately, he would've needed another 2,000 yards and 20TD on the season in order to get a football scholarship, due to the "white multiplier".

I hope he succeeds in whatever he does after high school.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
After watching Jake's film, he is a guy that the film wouldn't indicate how good he is to scouts. This kid has great vision and really runs the ball with power and appears to have unbelievable intangibles. He won't back down from anyone. His lateral agility and top-end speed don't stand out as elite, but there are many different ways to run the ball. This kid's X-Y agility and power is good enough to be used as a power back (if he can add weight) in RB by committee for many teams in the FBS. This kid also has enough production that he should be getting serious interest from scouts. Of course he is white and not a "freak" so he'll be lucky to play Div. II or Div. III.
smiley21.gif

Jake came back from injury to lead Fort Bragg to its first NCS championship in a decade. He finished up the season with 2,206 rushing yards and 34 total touchdowns.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I see this is your first post North Coast Football. Welcome to Caste Football.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hereis Jake Cimolino's ESPN recruiting profile. I wonder how long it has been since he was timed for the 40 and the shuttle, as he seems to be much faster, quicker, and have much more burst than the posted numbers would indicate.
Also, Welcome aboard North Coast Football!

Riddlewire

Master
North Coast Football said:
Jake came back from injury to lead Fort Bragg to its first NCS championship in a decade. He finished up the season with 2,206 rushing yards and 34 total touchdowns.
That's fantastic news. Thanks for posting.
An article I read said he was done for the season, so I assumed he wouldn't be returning. I wish he'd post some more footage on Youtube. His highlights are a showpiece of "escapeability".
Do you happen to know if he intends to continue playing football in college?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
he shows good power, too. and as for his speed ... i don't know the level of competition he's playing at, but no one catches him from behind.highlights ofthe first 5 games of his senior year.

the kid can tote the rock.
Fort Bragg HS is a Division 4 Northern California division, which is on-par with most Div. 4's around the nation, so it's not like he's on a dinky D-2 team. In Missouri, our Division 4 champion, the Kearney Bulldogs (ALL WHITE) could have easily beaten both the Division 5 and Division 6 champs in my estimation.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good point, FootballDad. here in Arkansas, the top overall team is also in 4A: Shiloh Christian. they are an all-White teamexcept for their mulatto quarterback ... who of course gets all the hype.

to put that in context, Arkansas' smallest classification is 2A and the largest is 7A.

Riddlewire

Master
Jake sent me a message the other day.
He said he has recruiting visits lined up for the rest of the month. Although not D1A schools (mostly FCS). I'm glad to hear that he will continue playing football in college, though.

StarWars

Mentor
If he tries to walk on I hope he's smart enough to go to U Montana, Villanova, BYU, Northwestern, Ivy League (Dartmouth), or Stanford.

If he wants to follow the scolarships he's probably got no chance to do anything after but at least he'll be playing good football and getting a free education.

JReb1

Mentor
Jake needs to go to a White friendly team if he wants to play RB. If he can't get a scholarship he should look into getting a grant. Many White kids don't go to college because they can't afford it and don't know that they're eligible for a grant. If you can't get a grant then there's always loans as a last resort.
Edited by: JReb1