Jacob Hester, RB

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thrashen/White Is Right,

I remember this game vividly too. I was 18 at the time - I remember actually watching with my older brother and we were both talking about if their were any white running backs in the NFL and to our amazement we both witnessed Hoover's great performance. I remember being somewhat proud and happy to see a white guy perform so well at RB on Monday Night Football. This was a few years before I really opened up my eyes to the caste system.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Thrashen/White Is Right,

I remember this game vividly too. I was 18 at the time - I remember actually watching with my older brother and we were both talking about if their were any white running backs in the NFL and to our amazement we both witnessed Hoover's great performance. I remember being somewhat proud and happy to see a white guy perform so well at RB on Monday Night Football. This was a few years before I really opened up my eyes to the caste system.

Hoover also had a 99yd. game in 2004 when they allowed him to play for an injured RB for the Panthers and had 16yd run. Also, that same year Hoover had an 11 carry 63 yd. game.

Ah... yes gentlemen, Brad Hoover. A native North Carolinian, Ledford High School, Wallburg, N.C., who led the state his senior year with 2,662 yards rushing. Was voted All-State and played in the prestegious Shrine Bowl only to garner a scholarship to Western Carolina where he set the single-season rushing record of 1,600 yards!

My fault guys, Hoover should probably have his own thread dedicated to another great white RB forced to become blocking FB!

I really hope one day there will be some change. I remain positive with the mild success of Hillis, Gerhardt, and Woodhead and Burkhead, Line and others coming into the NFL next year.

Last edited:

bigunreal

Mentor
You got me excited saying Hester was running the ball. 2 carries for 5 yards. I didn't think Norv Turner was about to utilize his best runner. Not when you have incredible affletes like Jackie Battle, Leron McClain and Curtis Brinkley competing with you.

I think a very strong case can be made that Norv Turner is the worst head coach in NFL history, even ignoring his unfair treatment of white players.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Hester is now a Denver Bronco. I have not seen him play with the Broncos yet, but was told that Jacob is getting carries, and did score at least one TD.

Peyton Manning is gentrifying the Broncos offense!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Hester is now a Denver Bronco. I have not seen him play with the Broncos yet, but was told that Jacob is getting carries, and did score at least one TD.

Peyton Manning is gentrifying the Broncos offense!

two rushing touchdowns, which is double what he had for his career with the Chargers, although he had 3 receiving touchdowns.

10 carries, 2 of them resulting in first downs and of course 2 in touchdowns, which shows that he is being used as a short yardage/goal line back, which is better than nothing. Its ridiculous how when these White runningbacks come into the league, not only do they get converted to fullback, but there is always talks of them being the "new breed" of fullback, ones that catch out of the backfield frequently ( Darryl Johnston did often) and run occasionally (Rathman ran quite a bit averaging 95 attempts/receptions a year) ,although that is more similar to the old fullbacks that ran often in the split back sets. Yet the Whites put at fullback are rarely used this way. Instead we have lesser talents like Jason Snelling put into this role.

Personally, I believe its because these Whites would show too much talent if they got the ball frequently, and maybe some dwfs would question why they were only fullbacks and didn't get the ball more. I mean look at Peyton Hillis who had a 100 yard receiving game in his limited time as a fullback. Many were suggesting putting him at tailback for some carries before all 6 backs went down.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Personally, I believe its because these Whites would show too much talent if they got the ball frequently, and maybe some dwfs would question why they were only fullbacks and didn't get the ball more.

You hit the nail right on the head! Of course thats the reason. The satan worshiping puppet masters cant let a white man get the ball too much, because its almost certain to make people start to think a little bit. Hillis, and Woodhead are proof positive. Especially Hillis, because of his two great seasons, and making the cover of Madden 12. The DWFs were starting to wake up, and smell the coffee. Something had to be done about this.

I actually think this is why the Patriots only use Woodhead in the extremely predictable way he is used this season. Its basically YPC sabotage, and thats not at all too extreme. Every white running back thats proves to be legit is promptly sabotaged by whoever is behind this crap.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Hester released by the Broncos today. 'Hope he is picked up soon by a team that will utilize his skill set.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It doesn't seem like Hester is going to get signed by the Saints. He is better than Mark Ingram as a runner.