It’s all about the culture and the money

mark b.

The NBA has spent 20 years and probably millions of dollars promoting and creating their current hip/hop gangsta image. This is no accident. The NBA and its willing accomplices [advertising companies] are making millions of dollars promoting this crap. They target black and wannabe blacks[white kids]. How many commercials do you see or have seen in the last 30 years that feature white NBA stars. Almost none. Why?, because whites are considered BORING by the media and the general public. Hell, even most white kids love the black players over the white players. Most white kids don't even know who Larry Bird is [the best player to ever lace up a pair of sneakers]. The media buys into this garbage because they don't want to be perceived as racist[probably the most incorrectly used term in the world]. The constant promoting of the black athlete, whether it be the NBA,NFL, or any other sport is all about whites trying to make themselves feel better for past injustices. It seems to make them feel better to gush on and on about how great the black athlete is,and to be seen as buddies with them almost makes them orgasmic. last but not least, it's all about the money

guest301

Hall of Famer
Great post. Totally agree with you. I guess whites are boring because a jump shot is as good as a dunk to us. I guess whites are boring because when we score a touchdown, we act like we have been there before. We do alot of things with grace, humility and class. What does it get us? Disrespected and tossed aside.

mark b.

You are exactly right. We do things with class for the most part,and I hope we never stop. I'm not sure it gets us disrespected [at least by anyone who matters] but it does get us tossed aside. Sports is a reflection of society in general. People who act like a bunch of idiots are treated like kings. People who do things with humility, grace and class are made fun of. Isn't that the way society works these days? As for me I'll take the moral high ground and take my chances.

white tornado

Mentor
I don't think David Stern has promoted Gangster culture. He has tryed to limit gangster culture with the euro invasion and dress code. If you look at comercials that are made by the N.B.A. they feature many whites, and the league just this year had a Larry Bird extraviganze. The Caste system came from the corporations and through high school, college, then individual N.B.A. teams. The corporations like Nike, ect. ect are the culprets.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Stern may be trying to limit the excesses of it because it's reached the point of diminishing returns, which is a bottom line, profit-and-lossreaction, but the NBA's "hip hop culture" began and has thrived under Stern's watch. Same with the NFL -- those in charge know that a significant number of fans are finally becomingfed-up withthe epidemic of off-field criminality and on-field selfishness, but the adherence of both leagues to the Caste System and all the baggage that goes with it is as strong as ever.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I would refer to Maple Leafs post on sports players unions to explain why the NFL and YoBA have gotten to be as black and gangster as they are. Its the same reason why rap-is-crap music is pushed on the youth of today. The powers-that-be (in this case the owners) know that the fewer educated white men they have running their players unions, the easier those unions are to control. Black gangsters don't have the intelligence to form strong unions, therefore the YoBA and NFL have much weaker unions than their other much whiter counterparts, the NHL and MLB.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lance Alworth said:
I would refer to Maple Leafs post on sports players unions to explain why the NFL and YoBA have gotten to be as black and gangster as they are. Its the same reason why rap-is-crap music is pushed on the youth of today. The powers-that-be (in this case the owners) know that the fewer educated white men they have running their players unions, the easier those unions are to control. Black gangsters don't have the intelligence to form strong unions, therefore the YoBA and NFL have much weaker unions than their other much whiter counterparts, the NHL and MLB.

I disagree. As of 3 years ago, the average NBA player made an average salary of nearly $5 million. Three years ago the average MLB player made just under $3 million, the average NHL player $1.83 million, and the average NFL player made $1.33 million. The NFL's lower average is because of the large rosters each franchise carries.

The four sports (even the NHL) are organized pretty much the same, namely as a partnership between players and owners. All four divide total revenues between the two groups, and the only real sticking point in bargaining any more is the exact percentage of the revenue which is to go to player salaries. The owners and playersare partners divvying up lucrative profits.

The Caste System is an ideological construct that servesvery important purposes in transforming society. So-called "weak" player unionsplay a minor factor if any.

hedgehog

Mentor
I think it has alot to do with jerseys and sneakers. Blacks spend like there is no tomorrow on that kind of stuff. They also only wear jerseys of black athletes.
Every once in a blue moon you will see a black guy in a Bird jersey, but thats it. Whites will wear whatever. If the NFL is pumping Michael Vick then its a two for one with them for consumers.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I've seen blacks wear jerseys of white players such as Bird, Rick Barry, and Jerry West mainly due to the whole "throwback" trend started in (c)rap/hip-crock music

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Lance Alworth said:

I disagree. As of 3 years ago, the average NBA player made an average salary of nearly $5 million. Three years ago the average MLB player made just under $3 million, the average NHL player $1.83 million, and the average NFL player made $1.33 million. The NFL's lower average is because of the large rosters each franchise carries.

The four sports (even the NHL) are organized pretty much the same, namely as a partnership between players and owners. All four divide total revenues between the two groups, and the only real sticking point in bargaining any more is the exact percentage of the revenue which is to go to player salaries. The owners and players are partners divvying up lucrative profits.

The Caste System is an ideological construct that serves very important purposes in transforming society. So-called "weak" player unions play a minor factor if any.

The reason YoBA players make more money is simply because it takes less of them to fill out a roster. How many players fill up a typical YoBA roster, 15 maybe (Im just guessing because i really dont know) where as an NFL roster comprises of about 40-50 players, therefore the payrolls have to be split more among the higher number of roster spots

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lance Alworth said:
The reason YoBA players make more money is simply because it takes less of them to fill out a roster. How many players fill up a typical YoBA roster, 15 maybe (Im just guessing because i really dont know) where as an NFL roster comprises of about 40-50 players, therefore the payrolls have to be split more among the higher number of roster spots

Right, that's the point I was making. It has nothing to do with the NBAand NFL having "weak" unions; baseball, basketball and football players each make roughly the same amount of money when roster size is factored in, and hockey players not much less. Labor-management issues have been worked out in all four sports to the point where stability has been reached and any strikes and lockouts are now unlikely for the near future at least and probably longer. Fine-tuning the percentage of revenue that the players get is the only major issue now come negotiation time. This is the casewith both "black" unions and "white" unions.

whiteCB

Master
Lance Alworth said:
I've seen blacks wear jerseys of white players such as Bird, Rick Barry, and Jerry West mainly due to the whole "throwback" trend started in (c)rap/hip-crock music

Blacks will only wear white players jersey's if they're throwback. To them throwback are just the ultimate "cool" jersey to wear. It's not that these guys are color blind its just they have no idea who the hell Rick Berry, Lance Alworth, are let alone that they're white.
smiley36.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Awesome post/dialog gentlemen! BTW, Larry Bird was indeed the best of all time (hands down). The YoBA loves to perpetuate the caste system & the rap-is-crap "culture". However, the "mainstream" media copitulates in this because they too are controlled by the Globalist Elite (as part of the Government/Media complex). On the surface, this all about money, but at the core this gradual melting down of the culture is indeed by design and implemented through various avenues...sports, Sheeplevision, advertising, etc. Make no mistake, it's all about the destruction of traditional values, morals & norms by the Globalist puppeteers behind the scenes!

P.S. - Once again, I strongly recommend the following awakening book to everyone....

[url]http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=6&SUBDEPART MENT_ID=20&ITEM_ID=1679[/url]

Perhaps I've missed something, but since when did the NBA become known as YoBA?

A joke, I'm sure, but after reading it 20 times it gets to be a bit old.Edited by: Sark6354201

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Sark, you're missing the point...bottom line, they've turned the NBA into hiphop cesspool!

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

JoeV

Guru
whiteCB said:
Lance Alworth said:

Blacks will only wear white players jersey's if they're throwback. To them throwback are just the ultimate "cool" jersey to wear. It's not that these guys are color blind its just they have no idea who the hell Rick Berry, Lance Alworth, are let alone that they're white.
smiley36.gif

A lot of people wear jerseys just because of the color of the jersey itself, or the style/team it was on. Or they just follow like lemmings to whatever throwback was in the latest music video. I would say its only the hardcore 20% of fans who could really tell you every player on every jersey. The rest simply don't care. I have seen black kids with Alstott jerseys, Elway (RIP) jerseys, even Pau Gasol jerseys.Edited by: JoeV

Lance Alworth said:

This is true. And I don't know if anyone remembers this trend from years back, but during the time I was in junior high, rappers at the time were notorious for wearing hockey jerseys. As a hockey player, this pissed me off incredibly, even at 12 years old. Nothing is more of a downer than watching Craig Mack bouncing around in a rap video, wearing a Tampa Bay Lightning jersey. Very irritating. If I can find the video on youtube, I'll post it.

And what do you know? I DID find it. lol. Notice the T.B. Lightning jersey on him. Yeah, I bet he's a hockey fan. Or maybe he's just copying the White mans style, is more what it looks like to me. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-MLp3l2fkA

Actually, if you look closely at the :16 mark, you can see another idiot in this video wearing a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey in the background. lol. Hockey in da hizzouse!!!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Ground Fighter

JoeV said:
A lot of people wear jerseys just because of the color of the jersey itself, or the style/team it was on. Or they just follow like lemmings to whatever throwback was in the latest music video.

Yeah, true. A good example of this is that rapper Lil Jon, who wears a throwback Atlanta Flames hockey jersey from the 70's. I've seen those all over the place now just because he wears it. Cause you know, he be reppin the ATL.
smiley36.gif

I don't know how they could take a sport as pure as hockey, and still find some way to tarnish it.
smiley36.gif

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Actually Lil Jon is a hockey fan, appears frequently at Thrashers games, and even went to Atlanta Flames games as a kid so I have to give him a little credit there. Goalie Kari Lehtonen has a picture of him painted on his mask. Even though I detest hip-crock music, I think Lil Jon is hilarious.

GF, I remember the Craig Mack video you were talking about. It was when Sad-Boy, err... I mean Bad-Boy records was just getting off the ground. I also remember another one with Snoop Dogg wearing a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey. I hated seeing those idiots wearing our jerseys while knowing nothing about the sport

Lance Alworth said:
Actually Lil Jon is a hockey fan, appears frequently at Thrashers games, and even went to Atlanta Flames games as a kid so I have to give him a little credit there. Goalie Kari Lehtonen has a picture of him painted on his mask. Even though I detest hip-crock music, I think Lil Jon is hilarious.

GF, I remember the Craig Mack video you were talking about. It was when Sad-Boy, err... I mean Bad-Boy records was just getting off the ground. I also remember another one with Snoop Dogg wearing a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey. I hated seeing those idiots wearing our jerseys while knowing nothing about the sport

The Snoop Dogg video where he wore the Penguins jersey was "Gin and Juice". There was also another scene in that video, where he a wore a Springfield Indians jersey (an AHL minor-league hockey team). So, technically, he pissed me off twice in one shot.
smiley36.gif

Geee, for a race of people who hate Whitey so much, they sure seem to love our clothing (hockey jerseys, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, North Face, etc.)
smiley36.gif

And, yes, I read that ESPN article with Lil Jon about him being a Thrashers fan. Great. Thats all we need now, is for his homies to start following him to hockey games, and soon the NHL will look like Las Vegas during the NBA All-Star Weekend.A Ghetto circus.
smiley7.gif
Edited by: Ground Fighter

GWTJ

Mentor
I saw a young black guy wearing a Patriots throwback jersey with Hannah on the back. It really surprised me.

C Darwin

Mentor
There was a Calgary Flames jersey in Will Smith's "Parents Just Don't
Understand" Video

Flavor Flav wore a Buffalo Sabres jersey when he was arrested for
assault.

It was common for the members of NWA to wear Los Angeles Kings
gear.

Rapper Nelly wore a St. Louis Blues jersey in his "Country Grammar"
video.

They must be Tony McKegney fans.
TONY.JPG

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Ground Fighter said:
Lance Alworth said:

And, yes, I read that ESPN article with Lil Jon about him being a Thrashers fan. Great. Thats all we need now, is for his homies to start following him to hockey games, and soon the NHL will look like Las Vegas during the NBA All-Star Weekend.A Ghetto circus.
smiley7.gif

Well lets just hope for our sake that the Thrashers dont ever win the Stanley Cup, as Lil Jon will probably use it to drink some of his patented "crunk juice" out of, LOL
smiley36.gif

C Darwin said:
There was a Calgary Flames jersey in Will Smith's "Parents Just Don't
Understand" Video

Flavor Flav wore a Buffalo Sabres jersey when he was arrested for
assault.

It was common for the members of NWA to wear Los Angeles Kings
gear.

Rapper Nelly wore a St. Louis Blues jersey in his "Country Grammar"
video.

They must be Tony McKegney fans.
TONY.JPG

All very true points CDarwin. Nice job. I would have mentioned them myself, but I didn't want anyone here to think that I watch any of these videos for my own viewing pleasure.
smiley36.gif
I just happen to remember them from my childhood.

And yeah, I remember Tony McKegney. He played for the Nordiques at about the time I was in early grade school. He wasn't a horrible player, but he was no Joe Sakic. Since we're on the topic of black players, does anyone remember Claude Vilgrain who was on the Devils in the late 80's/early 90's? His family was from Haiti (via Canada) of all places.
smiley36.gif
For some reason I find that amusing.