Hunter Luepke

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I figured it was time to start a thread for the "majestic beast" Hunter Luepke. I'm hoping he can make some noise at training camp and
gain the trust of the coach and the team. Hunter Luepke is so much better than just a blocking ram or a special teams guy. Let's hope they
treat him with some fairness as we all know how talented he is!

Warhawk_46

Master
I figured it was time to start a thread for the "majestic beast" Hunter Luepke. I'm hoping he can make some noise at training camp and
gain the trust of the coach and the team. Hunter Luepke is so much better than just a blocking ram or a special teams guy. Let's hope they
treat him with some fairness as we all know how talented he is!

It is a crime a man that big, strong, fast and with his vision goes undrafted. The only reason he is listed as a fullback and went undrafted is because he is white. Literally no other reason is possible.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Luepke is one of the "3 biggest winners from the Cowboys' mini-camp" according to this article:

3. RB/FB Hunter Luepke​

Everyone overlooked the FCS star during the NFL Draft. But since the moment the Cowboys signed him as a UDFA after that, he's become a player to watch. He fits what Mike McCarthy would want in an H-back player as he can block and catch at a high level.

But don't overlook Luepke's prospects as a running back, as well. Cowboys Executive VP Stephen Jones mentioned Luepke before anyone else when asked about adding a bigger back.

Perhaps the Cowboys have plans to involve the rookie right away in short-yardage situations.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Luepke is one of the "3 biggest winners from the Cowboys' mini-camp" according to this article:

3. RB/FB Hunter Luepke​

Everyone overlooked the FCS star during the NFL Draft. But since the moment the Cowboys signed him as a UDFA after that, he's become a player to watch. He fits what Mike McCarthy would want in an H-back player as he can block and catch at a high level.

But don't overlook Luepke's prospects as a running back, as well. Cowboys Executive VP Stephen Jones mentioned Luepke before anyone else when asked about adding a bigger back.

Perhaps the Cowboys have plans to involve the rookie right away in short-yardage situations.

This is exciting but for once let an nfl team think outside the box. These guys are good for more than blocking and only goaline touches. How many times in games to we see 3rd and 1 or 4th & 1? A big back gives you more confidence in picking up those first downs plus he can be
used in a variety of ways. Teams should emulate what the Saints did with Taysom Hill.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Would be refreshing for a team to do the right thing and use Luepke as a pure power back. You know the way he should be used! He’d be a TD terror in goal line packages at the VERY least!

chris371

Mentor
I watched a few late 90s tampa bay games on Youtube recently. Alstott was definitely a magnificent beast!

El Gringo

Mentor
I know it’s only 10 seconds, but it looks like Hunter is getting a little time at running back.

Ihttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ol-bdUrFpSMIf

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I feel like they have already decided what they are going to do! Hope I'm wrong. Hopefully he can have a big game this weekend. I never
get my hopes up too much though after we saw Ryan Nall lead all rubbing backs in the NFL Preseason yet was never given a chance after
that. The Caste System is so strong and it's all based on lies and false steretypes. Nall could have been a very good running back. Luepke
could too but it will take alot of luck for him to ever get a legitimate chance sadly in todays nfl.

El Gringo

Mentor
Man I hope Hunter excels in this last game! They gave him a guaranteed $200,000 contract so one would assume he would make the team.

El Gringo

Mentor
Apparently the Cowboys had a Hunter heavily involved early but he was benched after a a fumble on the goal line that was attributed to Prescott. What a way to screw with the guys confidence by benching him for another man’s mistake. https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pla...nter-luepke-brandon-aubrey-mazi-smith-tj-bass

If the Cowboys would’ve had another tight end /Fullback instead of the tiny guy on the right blocking VanGinkel Hunter would’ve took this one of the house. So close!!!!

Warhawk_46

Master
Like Horvath the year before (and Nall before that), an absolute specimen of a running back is not given an opportunity to shine.

These are guys roughly the same size and speed as Derrick Henry. Given how Henry has dominated defenses over his career you would think teams would say “hey - I have a 6’2”, 230-240 lb running back that can wear down a defense quickly that also has the speed to bust big runs… I should play him” but alas our guys lack the requisite melanin.

jphoss

Mentor
Apparently the Cowboys had a Hunter heavily involved early but he was benched after a a fumble on the goal line that was attributed to Prescott. What a way to screw with the guys confidence by benching him for another man’s mistake. https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pla...nter-luepke-brandon-aubrey-mazi-smith-tj-bass

If the Cowboys would’ve had another tight end /Fullback instead of the tiny guy on the right blocking VanGinkel Hunter would’ve took this one of the house. So close!!!!

It’s so tiresome every time a black player makes a killer mistake they always go back to him immediately! But when a white player does it he’s benched