how good is Peter, the great black hope?

referendum

Mentor
It looks like Nigerian Samuel Peter will be fighting Oleg Maskaev in October for Maskaev's share of the heavyweight title. Right now he is about a five to one favorite to beat Maskaev at one bookmaker I checked. I'm wondering how good he really is? Assuming he beats Maskaev, how would he do against Klitshko, Chagaev, Valuev or Ibragimov?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
He's strong and slow. He is a dirty fighter, always using rabbit punches against his opponents. If he can't win by fighting fairly, it means he really can't be all that good.

Maskaev is a better boxer. I'm afraid for Oleg however, because rabbit punches can cause permanent brain damage, and when he starts to dominate Peter, that's what the African will resort to.

I'd enjoy seeing Maskaev KO this overrated, overhyped tub of lard - it would be worth much more than the price of the PPV!Edited by: JD1986

Peter in very one dimensional. He does have a iron chin though. (wlad hit him with numerous bombs that would have put away 99% of the heavies to sleep). Peter also has very heavy hands. Peter will always have a puncher's chance because of how hard he hits.
That being said, I believe Oleg can win. Oleg has to box though. Peter in my opinion is a terrible boxer with very bad fundamentals. Oleg better be careful though. My heart is with brother Oleg. My mind tells me Peter may just win this one though. I hope I am wrong.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Peter is a hard puncher but one dimensional. Like Ernie Shavers he can be out-boxed and out-jabbed. Wlad had him out on his feet in the last round in 2005. Peter-Maskaev is 50/50 but either man will be KO'd by Vitali (who has a guarantee to fight the winner).

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
This fight is dangerous because Peter takes a good punch and delivers a good punch. I hope Maskaev has something left in the tank. The good news is that if Peter wins, then Vitali gets to beat him!

G

Is Maskaev refusing to fight Peter?

Must be some legal wrangling going on.

I think that Oleg can beat Peter, the latest Great Black Dope.

ww

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Good to see your first post here at Caste Football, werewolf!

Werewolf and I have been regulars at the boxingscene.com "non-stop boxing" forum.Edited by: JD1986

G

JD1986 said:

Werewolf and I have been regulars at the boxingscene.com "non-stop boxing" forum.

I haven't been there too long, but I'm pretty disgusted with it already, as I am with most boxing forums. Heavy on the low-IQ wigger crowd. I think a lot of them are like prepubescent. Giant avatars of their scantily attired Black "superheroes" prevail. There seems to be a distinct homosexual element on these boxing forums. For one example the repeated reference to "nut huggers". What kind of imagery is that? Then I noticed that their software censors out "f a g" but not "f u c k". That tells you something too, I think.

Anyway, here's a thread I started there. What I specifically had in mind was the possibility that Lennox Lewis' gloves were "fixed" for the Vitali fight. I also referred to some inside info I once got about Louis-Schmeling 2 when I was briefly involved in the NYC boxing scene, in case anybody is interested.

Who is checking the boxing gloves to make sure they are not "fixed"?

Stickman wrote: "As for allegations of loaded gloves....it's virtually
impossible in boxing today. They keep to close watch on that sort of
thing."

How exactly do they do that? The ref sure doesn't check the gloves in
the ring. How do they prevent say a small sharp object from being
unobtrusively stuck in the lacing or something?

A few notorious glove-fixing cases that came to light were Panama Lewis
in 1983, Angelo Dundee fixing Clay's glove (and now the politically
corrected cover up of that incident in their attempt to rewrite history
and glorify Clay-Ali - I watched an ESPN film of Clay-Cooper fight
wherein they spliced together the rounds in which Dundee did his
criminal trick and made it look as though Clay had no additional time
between the rounds, and in fact they didn't even say a word about it -
and why hasn't Sir Henry Cooper been retroactively awarded the win in
that first fight?)

When I was in boxing in NY an old time trainer in NY - a relative of
Abe Simon who had fought Joe Louis - told me that it was common
knowledge amongst boxing insiders that Joe Louis' gloves were loaded
for his second fight with Schmeling.

So who checks the boxing gloves? And even if someone does check
them in the locker room, what stops something from being done to them -
like something sharp getting slipped in the lacing - between the locker
room and the ring? Didn't refs used to look at the gloves before the
fight started in the old days?

ww

Link:
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129339

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Glad to see you here too werewolf. The forum at boxing scene is so juvenile it's almost impossible for me to read. Boxing is truly doomed if that is the quality of fan that has enough interest in the sport to post on a forum.

The whole sport of boxing is stuck in some kind of time warp where they think it's still 1974. The fight game has changed with the "Russian Revolution" and they seem completely oblivious to it.

Nature abhors a vacuum though so maybe we can fill the gap between their fantasy and the actual reality.

white is right

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
JD1986 said:

Werewolf and I have been regulars at the boxingscene.com "non-stop boxing" forum.
I haven't been there too long, but I'm pretty disgusted with it already, as I am with most boxing forums. Heavy on the low-IQ wigger crowd. I think a lot of them are like prepubescent. Giant avatars of their scantily attired Black "superheroes" prevail. There seems to be a distinct homosexual element on these boxing forums. For one example the repeated reference to "nut huggers".What kind of imagery is that? Then I noticed that their software censors out "f a g" but not "f u c k". That tells you something too, I think.Anyway, here's a thread I started there. What I specifically had in mind was the possibility that Lennox Lewis' gloves were "fixed" for the Vitali fight. I also referred to some inside info I once got about Louis-Schmeling 2 when I was briefly involved in the NYC boxing scene, in case anybody is interested. Who is checking the boxing gloves to make sure they are not "fixed"?Stickman wrote: "As for allegations of loaded gloves....it's virtually
impossible in boxing today. They keep to close watch on that sort of
thing."

How exactly do they do that? The ref sure doesn't check the gloves in
the ring. How do they prevent say a small sharp object from being
unobtrusively stuck in the lacing or something?

A few notorious glove-fixing cases that came to light were Panama Lewis
in 1983, Angelo Dundee fixing Clay's glove (and now the politically
corrected cover up of that incident in their attempt to rewrite history
and glorify Clay-Ali - I watched an ESPN film of Clay-Cooper fight
wherein they spliced together the rounds in which Dundee did his
criminal trick and made it look as though Clay had no additional time
between the rounds, and in fact they didn't even say a word about it -
and why hasn't Sir Henry Cooper been retroactively awarded the win in
that first fight?)

When I was in boxing in NY an old time trainer in NY - a relative of
Abe Simon who had fought Joe Louis - told me that it was common
knowledge amongst boxing insiders that Joe Louis' gloves were loaded
for his second fight with Schmeling.

So who checks the boxing gloves? And even if someone does check
them in the locker room, what stops something from being done to them -
like something sharp getting slipped in the lacing - between the locker
room and the ring? Didn't refs used to look at the gloves before the
fight started in the old days?
The Joe Louis loaded gloves assertation sounds plausible. He literally broke the ribs of Schmeling and ko'd a tough tough guy with ease. Also Joe had to win for propaganda reasons. That sounds like a fix is a possibility. Back in the old days of boxing the ability to get away with cheating was much easier because of a lack of drug testing and video taping of the change room.

ww
Link:http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129339

G

jaxvid said:
Glad to see you here too werewolf. The forum at boxing
scene is so juvenile it's almost impossible for me to read. Boxing is
truly doomed if that is the quality of fan that has enough interest in
the sport to post on a forum.

The whole sport of boxing is stuck in some kind of time warp where
they think it's still 1974. The fight game has changed with the
"Russian Revolution" and they seem completely oblivious to it.

Nature abhors a vacuum though so maybe we can fill the gap between their fantasy and the actual reality.

Jaxvid -

It irks me that such a low quality element dominates most of the online boxing
forums. Now take professional wrestling, it's a very silly affair. It's not
even a sport, but rather a bizarre show biz carny thing - and yet it's managed to draw in huge crowds.
And I see wrestling forums that are populated by interesting
and rational people, some of whom are in the business. Why can't
boxing have forums like that?

US Boxing, of course, has lots of problems, foremost being the in your face running of the sport by gangsters - Don King, brazenly strutting his stuff before the cameras, Don King's hired judges and referees, the eastern European Mafiyas, the alphabet gangs and their matchmakers, and the tv network media moguls, and all the other boxing parasites.

So boxers and boxing fans have to put up with all that crap, and idiotic infantile boxing forums besides!

ww

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
So boxers and boxing fans have to put up with all that crap, and idiotic infantile boxing forums besides!ww

How true! The "sweet science" indeed, populated by the dumbest scientists in history.

Wrestling is more entertaining then boxing right now. At least in wrestling the fighters fight (even if faked) they don't hang on each other for 10 rounds. Also wrestling is not afraid to have black guys get punished by white fighters, they understand there are fans that love to see that and so they play it up. Compare that to boxing which is loathe to allow any credit to good white fighters and is in collective denial that whites are dominating the game. It's all part of the "master plan" but refreshingly pro-wrestling has managed to avoid that. kudo's to Vince McMahon (even if he is a d!ck head) for avoiding the PC dogma.

G

"...collective denial that whites are dominating the game."

And in so doing overcoming the natural advantages that the Negro has in boxing - thicker skin, thicker skull, smaller and much more simply constructed brain, receeding jaw and forehead, and a flat muzzle. Man conquers beast once again!

ww

G

jared said:
Hey Werewolf, where can I find the info on that Clay-Cooper fight controversy?

That's a good question and I don't know of a good source, brother. They seem to have taken every extant video of that fight and spliced the rounds together. I don't know where you can find an original uncut video of the fight. There is a lot of controversy over how much time actually elapsed between the rounds while Dundee did his dirty work to save Clay from getting knocked out. As I mentioned, that deceitful ESPN film completely spliced the rounds together and there was not one single word that anything unusual happened between the rounds. They have politically corrected their bolshevik boxing history books!

I think that Clay had over four minutes to recover, but even if he had one extra second, the fight should retroactively be awarded to Henry Cooper, the rightful winner.

Dundee admitted to cutting Clay's glove. He did this at the moments notice, just as soon as Clay wobbled back to his corner. That means it was no spur of the minute invention. It was planned out way in advance, and he had the razor ready, and variations of it must have been used before. Dundee admitted to cutting the glove, so we know that he likes to illegally mess with the boxing gloves. What else didn't he do that he DIDN'T admit to? Inserting something sharp in the laces or the glove to cut up Cooper's face?

How about Lennox Lewis-Vitali Klitschko. Vitali had never even been cut before, either in the amateurs of the pros or the MMA - and suddenly his face looks like chopped meat. Who inspected Lewis' gloves? Other Lewis fights were suspicious, too.

ww

JD074

Master
Well it sounds like they're trying to rip off Maskaev, demanding a 55/45 split when traditionally the champion gets 70%. Typical. And of course, Don King is involved.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Oleg Maskaev has serious back injuries, and cannot fight on Oct 6. It sounds very bad, I doubt whether Oleg will be fighting anymore.

Don King is trying to get a replacement for the Oct 6 fight. Sam Peter and Duva are pushing for Maskaev to be stripped of his title, or for the WBC to enable Peter to fight for an interim title.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It looks like Maskaev is breaking down. At about 39? The mind is probably willing but the body isn't. If they fight early next year I just can't see him doing much with Peter. This fall has been a head scratcher with all of these injuries and cancellations.
smiley5.gif

JD074

Master
At first I was a little disappointed, but now I'm okay with this. I would rather see Klitschko/ Peter II than this fight anyway. It would be a very meaningful fight, especially if Peter is champ. It would be the best white HW versus the best black HW in a unification bout. And it would be yet another opportunity for Wlad to silence the critics by beating Peter again, and more convincingly (people love to criticize Wlad about the first fight.)

G

JD1986 said:
Oleg Maskaev has serious back injuries, and cannot fight on Oct 6. It sounds very bad, I doubt whether Oleg will be fighting anymore.

Why do you say this? Back injuries heal.

There have been a lot of back injuries amongst white heavyweights lately.

ww

white is right

Hall of Famer
It is rumoured that Peter is close to inking a deal to fight the proverbial challenger (Andrew Golota). I hope these rumours are false. The heavyweight division needs new challengers for the belts not the same recycled challengers for the belts. I guess Jameel McCline was too busy injecting steroids to bother to lobby for another shot.....
smiley11.gif