how good is Peter, the great black hope?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I sure hope he fights Klitschko. However I do think Golota has a punchers chance against Peter due to Peter being extremely slow in the ring.

Sean

Mentor
I too hope Vitali gets the shot.

But Golota is one of my all time favorite fighters. I would definately like to see him get a belt before he retires. I think he's earned it with all the debacles he's been through. Golota has a good shot at taking it from Peter. Peter doesn't have a very good chin, he's slow, and his powers overrated. If Andrew came in with his mind right (sometimes that's a big if) then I think he could knock Peter out!

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
he's "good" for about six months of build-up and hype before an eventual 12 round snoozefest, punctuated by intermittent episodes of backpeddling and clinching, and exasperated moans of "what else is on?"

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
jaxvid said:
werewolf said:
So boxers and boxing fans have to put up with all that crap, and idiotic infantile boxing forums besides!ww

How true! The "sweet science" indeed, populated by the dumbest scientists in history.

Wrestling is more entertaining then boxing right now. At least in wrestling the fighters fight (even if faked) they don't hang on each other for 10 rounds. Also wrestling is not afraid to have black guys get punished by white fighters, they understand there are fans that love to see that and so they play it up. Compare that to boxing which is loathe to allow any credit to good white fighters and is in collective denial that whites are dominating the game. It's all part of the "master plan" but refreshingly pro-wrestling has managed to avoid that. kudo's to Vince McMahon (even if he is a d!ck head) for avoiding the PC dogma.

Am I the only person older than ten who was traumatized by watching Ric Flair get superkicked into retirement by Shawn Michaels?

white is right

Hall of Famer
I never thought I would want Golota to get his fifth title shot, but either Matt Skelton or Fraudley Harrison will get the next shot at "Who Necks"....
smiley36.gif
When it rains it pours.....
smiley11.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don King doesn't want Peter anywhere near a Klitschko or any other Soviet fighter. He knows he'd lose.

Blue Devils

Mentor
The new black hope appears to be David Haye. I've heard on different sites Haye might fight Maskaev next.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sean at Maskaev's boxrec site it shows his next fight as being with David Haye. Hopefully he can knock Haye out to show that he doesn't belong at heavyweight. Maskaev still has the tools to do it when he comes ready to fight.

web toughguy

Samuel peter is good but nothing special he is very strong has a iron chin and possess a heavy clubing type arsenal of punches he lacks explosion in his attacks like klitchko who beat him. I think that to beat him you need to be quick and out box him believe it or not i think tarius bidenko would have a chance or just a iron jawed toughguy like chaguev to take him in the trenches could be the answer. The hbo media hype machine paint him as some ruthless animal he aint ruthless.

Sean

Mentor
web toughguy said:
Samuel peter is good but nothing special he is very strong has a iron chin and possess a heavy clubing type arsenal of punches he lacks explosion in his attacks like klitchko who beat him. I think that to beat him you need to be quick and out box him believe it or not i think tarius bidenko would have a chance or just a iron jawed toughguy like chaguev to take him in the trenches could be the answer. The hbo media hype machine paint him as some ruthless animal he aint ruthless.

Good post webtoughguy. However, Peter does not have an iron chin. He was rocked by Klitschko (who hasn't been?), but this was a Klitschko still lacking in confidence. The current improved Wlad would KO Peter. He was also down against McCline, who is known for his power, and was rocked by Maskaev. He is very overhyped!

I agree that Bidenko would beat Peter. He would outbox him relatively easily, with Peter's only chance being to land something big in my mind. Chagaev would beat Peter too, in the trenched as you say. Chagaev has a great boxing mind, a much better chin, and I would say better "pop" to his punches!

As for Haye/Maskaev, I really hope this fight comes off. To me there is a very good chance for Maskaev to knock Haye out early. It will be exciting, two big punchers with suspect chins. But Haye has never felt a punch close to Maskaev's, whereas Oleg has traded with the big boys his whole career.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I read an interesting article today on the web. I dont have the link off hand but if I find it I will post it. Basically it was stating how the heavyweight division is dominated by Slavic whites from Russia. It also stated the division is weak now. We all know thats because blacks aren't dominating it. Please. The interesting thing is it also says Holyfield in his prime or Lewis in his prime would destroy Chagaev, Klitschko, or Ibragimov with ease.Some morons never stop.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/539397/the_white_he avyweights.html

Found the linkEdited by: whiteathlete33

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I endured a few rounds of the Sam Peter-Eddie Chambers belly bumping contest last night, which Chambers won by a majority decision.

I hesitated to put this comment on the boxing thread. I was thinking it would be more appropriate on our "Sumo Watch" NFL thread.
smiley36.gif

If blacks can't do any better than these two clowns to challenge the Klitschkos, then they should just give up heavyweight boxing.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I didn't watch this fight although I saw it was airing on ESPN last night. Chambers was supposed to be the next big thing though we all know he isn't after his loss to Povetkin. Povetkin outpointed him rather easily and Chambers has more professional experiece than Povetkin. Neither of these two is a threat to any of the better white heavyweights.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I saw that fight last night. To Chambers credit, he looked so much better than Peter in terms of boxing skills and quickness. I think he would be force at cruiserweight. But I don't think he has the discipline to diet down to 200 lbs. He looked like the Michiline Man, rows of tires, er, flab around his belly.

Peter on the other hand looked like total crap. He came in at 260 lbs. He was a slow, lumbering stumbling fool. I think Vitali beat what ever ablility he did have out of him last October. Even Teddy Atlas stated that he gave into/submitted to Vitali. So I think the blacks, Jews and wiggers will be pulling for Haye. And he will be smacked down as well.

Sean

Mentor
Van Slyke, and Whiteathlete:

You two do not know what you missed! I watched the fight (actually I had it on in the background, because it was so dull I was doing other stuff at the same time) and the athleticism and physical fitness shown by these two athletes was nothing short of phenomenal!

I have read some reviews of the fight today. For instance, on boxrec one poster remarked something along the lines of how it was good to see a heavyweight fight that didn't fall into a clinch every five minutes. That is very true. In order for fighters to fall into a clinch, one of them must be pressing the action. Certainly none of that last night!

Also, on ESPN, Eddie Chambers jab was praised. It was lauded as the "nullifying" factor should Chambers fight either Klitschko. Interesting, I thought both Klitschko's (especially Wladimir) had good jabs. Apparently not. Isn't that what all the knocks were about? That both Klitschko's hid behind their jabs and didn't throw anything else? Now they praised Chambers for doing just that? Hmmmm, I'm not sure but there may just be a double standard there...

In all seriousness, the fight was incredibly dull, between two fat, out of shape "fighters". Chambers would be much better served to drop to Cruiser, but with the amount of fat he was carrying last night at 223, he could easily fight at Light Heavyweight in decent shape. The Peter hype train has been derailed for some time. Last night just proved it further.

Blue Devils

Mentor
The Chambers-Peter match was awful and to think the DWFs will praise Chambers for such a performance
smiley5.gif
Chambers could have done a whole lot more if he'd let his hands go. In fact most of the top 10 heavies would have knocked out that 265 pound version of Peter.

Povetkin's resume looks even better now that his past victim Chambers defeated Peter. In contrast to Haye's resume taking a serious hit when Enzo Maccarinelli got knocked out by a guy who only had 5 knockouts in 17 fights.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
The Chambers-Peter match was awful and to think the DWFs will praise Chambers for such a performance
smiley5.gif
Chambers could have done a whole lot more if he'd let his hands go. In fact most of the top 10 heavies would have knocked out that 265 pound version of Peter.

Povetkin's resume looks even better now that his past victim Chambers defeated Peter. In contrast to Haye's resume taking a serious hit when Enzo Maccarinelli got knocked out by a guy who only had 5 knockouts in 17 fights.

Those are some good points. Povetkin is the third best heavyweight today after the Klitschko's. I firmly believe that. Chambers looks out of shape as well.

Sean

Mentor
Good points Blue Devils. However, most "experts" still say that Chambers was beating Povetkin until he took his foot off the gas or some such nonsense. Typically I read, he looked great for five or six rounds then inexplicably took his foot off the gas, allowing Povetkin to get back in it. Nonsense! Povetkin is definately a top five heavyweight.

The Hock

Master
Peter the erstwhile "saviour" of the HW division has been exposed and is headed for the scrapyard.

I wish Teddy Witless would submit. His resignation.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sean said:
However, most "experts" still say that Chambers was beating Povetkin until he took his foot off the gas or some such nonsense.

The Jewish "experts" at the Ring and ESPN are, as usual, not being completely honest.

Chambers was only doing well in the first THREE rounds (he may have won two of the first three). In the fourth round Povetkin began to really dominate! Chambers didn't like being hit by Povetkin's combinations, so he went into a shell defensive mode and stopped throwing counter punches.

Sean

Mentor
JD1986 said:
Sean said:
However, most "experts" still say that Chambers was beating Povetkin until he took his foot off the gas or some such nonsense.

The Jewish "experts" at the Ring and ESPN are, as usual, not being completely honest.

Chambers was only doing well in the first THREE rounds (he may have won two of the first three). In the fourth round Povetkin began to really dominate! Chambers didn't like being hit by Povetkin's combinations, so he went into a shell defensive mode and stopped throwing counter punches.

Agreed JD. Chambers could have possibly won two rounds, but it was pretty much a clean sweep for Povetkin. So much for the "experts"...
smiley5.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I looked at the heavyweight rankings on boxrec. There are still many "bruvas" in the top 50. I count 25 blacks or so in the top 50. I wasn't sure on a few guys so I may be one or two off. There are a few hispanics and 1 or 2 Polynesians. I count 20 whites in the top 50.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I looked at the heavyweight rankings on boxrec. There are still many "bruvas" in the top 50. I count 25 blacks or so in the top 50. I wasn't sure on a few guys so I may be one or two off. There are a few hispanics and 1 or 2 Polynesians. I count 20 whites in the top 50.
It would be great if Koeber would knock Rahman out of the top 50, Kretschmann would take out Williams, Pala would fight and defeat Sprott, etc.

But sadly, those fights will likely never be arranged.
Edited by: JD1986

white is right

Hall of Famer
I just got flashbacks to Tubbs vs Page after seeing highlights of this fight. I remember reading one old time writer talking about bad heavyweight fights he said it was like watching two fat people f*&^%. Truer words have never been spoken about that dreck that passed for a top fight among contenders.
smiley11.gif