High Schoolers

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Very good times. She should be a solid sprinter in college.
Of course, one never knows. Some high school phenoms completely fizzle out in college; while other high school no names, go on to great success.

It's not just white sprinters that sometimes peak very young. I've seen countless black sprinters do the same. It's hard to explain just why.

One white sprinter that has make me scratch my head recently is Gavin Schurr. He was almost unbeatable in high school and looked like
the next Boling. He got to college and has disapeared into average to below average. Maybe he parties too much. Who knows?

Hey jacknyc. I sent you a private message.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Gatlin Bair ran ANOTHER 10.15 (1.1w) today, in the prelims of the State Championships.
This kid is A-mazing! And he's a junior.
Hoping he breaks this PR tomorrow in the finals.

...and p.s. he ran 20.41 200m in the prelims.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gatlin Bair ran ANOTHER 10.15 (1.1w) today, in the prelims of the State Championships.

This is unreal. He is doing things no one does in high school. 10.15 and 20.41 on the same day. The kid is a prodigy. This is the sport he
was born for. I know the money for the football is incredible and it's alot more guaranteed but damn this kid is incredible. If nothing else
go to a college that will let you do both. John Teeters had a scholarship for football as well as track football didn't work out. It probably
wasn't fair but at least he had track/sprints to fall back on . If I were his family I would also tell him it's nice to live a long healthy life. Not
easy to do with a long football career. With all the marketing in college now he could make 6 figures or more while in school for track.

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Agreed WL. While track can have its fair share of injuries over the years, but it’s absolutely nothing compared to football though where the main concern is head trauma. The risk/reward ratio in football is so bad. I would always encourage kids to run track and get an education. Screw football!

A quick search said that Lemaitre is worth 10 million which he amassed over his sprinting career. Not bad if you ask me. It all comes down to investing your money in the right things!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just so you guys know Gatlin Bair has a 46 inch vertical leap. That is insane and he is 6'3! It's no wonder almost every major school wants
him. Even Alabama is recuriting him for the wide receiver. Bair already would be the fastest receiver in college and the nfl and he is a
high school junior. I still want him to be a sprinter but will root for the kid no matter what happens. What an athlete!

mqdefault.jpg

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE FOOTBALL OFFERS ELITE RECEIVER OUT OF THE STATE OF IDAHO: GATLIN BAIR

Alabama Crimson Tide football on Youtube

jacknyc

Hall of Famer

Gatlin runs 10.15 AGAIN in the finals. (wind 1.4)
He has run 10.15 in 3 of his last 4 races. Unbelievable!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gatlin runs 10.15 AGAIN in the finals. (wind 1.4)
He has run 10.15 in 3 of his last 4 races. Unbelievable!

This is one reason that I believe Henrik Larsson is about to explode this summer. Bair is 6'3 and Larsson is around the same height. We need
more taller sprinters as the stride length similar to Lemaitre just eats up the track. Watch out for Larsson this summer if he can stay healthy.

Back to Gatlin Bair. He has cemented himself as the best high school sprinter in the country. No one can match this kids consistancy. Wow just insane to think about that we have witnessed history this year in high school track. If the buzz around him doesn't make him want to keep sprinting after his mission I don't know what will. He skipped playing basketball to focus on track for the first time ever and look at the results! The kid has incredible genetics Gatlin Bair was born to run and to run very, very fast!

The best 100m time in Nebraska is Jack Gillogly with a time of 10.51. He also has a 20.90 200m. Jenson Anderson from Nebraska has a time of 10.59 he is only a junior his best 200m is 22.10 which is weird.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Here you go guys. A True Sprinting Prodigy. If we lose him to football we will always wonder just
how fast Gatlin Bair could have gone. The kid was born to run in the Olympics and World Championships.
Please change your mind kid. Your too good individually to go play a team sport.

mqdefault.jpg

Burley's Gatlin Bair ties own state record with 10.15 in 100m

KTVB

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Here you go guys. A True Sprinting Prodigy. If we lose him to football we will always wonder just
how fast Gatlin Bair could have gone. The kid was born to run in the Olympics and World Championships.
Please change your mind kid. Your too good individually to go play a team sport.

mqdefault.jpg

Burley's Gatlin Bair ties own state record with 10.15 in 100m

KTVB
I'm not a football fan at all so I always like to see young men choose other paths besides the grid iron. The odds of going pro and making millions in football is so low, especially if you're White. This kid is already knocking on the door of world class times.

Thousand Okie

Now that it seems we are losing Gatlin Bair to an early graduation a young sprinter to keep an eye on is Peyton Sommers of Cherokee Trail High School in Colorado. Although only a sophomore, at the Colorado state 5A championships last Saturday he took second in 100 in 10.62, first in the 200 in 21.10, and first in the 400 in 46.77. He also anchored Cherokee Trail's 4x200 relay team to victory in 1:25.65.

Thousand Okie

Mia Brahe-Pedersen ran wind legal times of 11.11 and 22.71 today in the Oregon state high school prelims. She's only a junior. Given good conditions and competition I think she could break 11 flat this year. Since she's young and improving, she may have a shot at the Olympics next year.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen ran wind legal times of 11.11 and 22.71 today in the Oregon state high school prelims. She's only a junior. Given good conditions and competition I think she could break 11 flat this year. Since she's young and improving, she may have a shot at the Olympics next year.
Any other country less Jamaica she would be a shoe in for the team barring injuries but the US is so deep that she may have to hit her physical peak to make the deep team.

Her times are "frighteningly" good, especially when you consider her age. I only recall the now disgraced Jones running in this range in the 90's. She is better than any other White high school runner in the sprints at this age. IMO she has passed Sandra Myers as the best White female high school sprinter in history.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

To see 3 kids in high school with Mia Brahe Perdersen, Brody Buffington and Gatlin Bair is like winning the white sprints lottery. We saw so
much history in the past year. Sadly Buffington is off to college, Bair giving up track but at least we can still watch Mia Brahe Perdersen
next year! They all bring an electric atmosphere to high school track!

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen just set a national high school record in the girls 100m - 11 flat!!
That's 11.00! (1.5w)
Amazing!!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen just set a national high school record in the girls 100m - 11 flat!!
That's 11.00! (1.5w)
Amazing!!

If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. Wow she is a Superstar at such a level I don't even have words to
describe her God Given Talent. We are seeing more and more young white high school sprinters believe in themselves again. All
the brainwashing and propaganda seems to be falling short more often now than any time in the last 3 or 4 decades. It's wonderful
to see. Mia Brahe Pedersen at this rate may go pro after high school. Who knows but she is truely an incredible sprinter and person.
Look at her sportsmanship after the races as the 2nd place finisher was devastated. Instead of her celebrating she was there for her.
Now that is the kind of superstar everyone should like. Maybe even the media will forgive her white skin. She is a class act!

Mia Brahe Pedersen is now the fastest high school sprinter ever in America! :campeon:

Thousand Okie

Ellie McCuskey-Hay is another hyphenated-surname girl sprinter to keep tabs on. Yesterday, she took second in the California state championships in the 100, running a wind-legal 11.52. She's only in the 9th grade! Her time makes her the fastest freshman in the United States. She also recorded a 19' 7" long jump, which makes her the #3 freshman in the U.S. She attends St. Ignatius College Preparatory in San Francisco, which became coed about 30 years ago. The high school is located near Ocean Beach in the Sunset District. Most of the time it's foggy or overcast with drizzle or cold and windy there. St. Ignatius is an outstanding school but its location is far less than ideal for sprinting.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ellie McCuskey-Hay is another hyphenated-surname girl sprinter to keep tabs on. Yesterday, she took second in the California state championships in the 100, running a wind-legal 11.52. She's only in the 9th grade! Her time makes her the fastest freshman in the United States. She also recorded a 19' 7" long jump, which makes her the #3 freshman in the U.S. She attends St. Ignatius College Preparatory in San Francisco, which became coed about 30 years ago. The high school is located near Ocean Beach in the Sunset District. Most of the time it's foggy or overcast with drizzle or cold and windy there. St. Ignatius is an outstanding school but its location is far less than ideal for sprinting.
Where are these young women coming out of the wood work?

I remember when US junior sprinting was virtually devoid of elite national level junior/collegiate sprinters. Now there are more than a handful if not a bushel full.

So much for this being the video game generation...

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Where are these young women coming out of the wood work?

I remember when US junior sprinting was virtually devoid of elite national level junior/collegiate sprinters. Now there are more than a handful if not a bushel full.
Yes, it is amazing.
And there's another high school girl we should mention - Sophie Haag.
She's in Florida and has a wind legal time of 11.44. That puts her in the Top 10 of high school girls this year, along with Mia Brahe-Pedersen and Victoria Cameron of Texas.
It's amazing how the girls have started coming through in the past several years - Prandini, Hannah Cunliffe, Marybeth Sant-Price, Abby Steiner, and now this year's crop, especially Brahe-Pedersen.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes, it is amazing.
And there's another high school girl we should mention - Sophie Haag.
She's in Florida and has a wind legal time of 11.44. That puts her in the Top 10 of high school girls this year, along with Mia Brahe-Pedersen and Victoria Cameron of Texas.
It's amazing how the girls have started coming through in the past several years - Prandini, Hannah Cunliffe, Marybeth Sant-Price, Abby Steiner, and now this year's crop, especially Brahe-Pedersen.

Whether in Europe or here in the United States I feel the women sprinters from high school, college and at the professional level have out done the men. It's really not even close. We've see Jenna Prandinni on the US National Team (Professional Track) as well as Mary Beth Sant Price and now Abby Steiner. Even Hannah Cunliffe has had smaller amounts of success at the highest level.

Ok that being said when are the men gonna break through? We lose alot of white guys to baseball, basketball, football and even other sports not to mention careers outside of sports. Regardless, it's time fot\r guys like Boling and many others that follow to take that next step and make the US National Team. Jeremy Wariner and others have done it but we haven't seen a White American Born Pro 100/200 Meters Sprinter in a long time. I know our guys can do it but they have to prove it. It's all starts with confidence and swagger. Then you get the best coaching, trainers, dietician and stick to the plan. Too many of our guys give up early.

Even if I was a sprinter like Coby Hilton, John Teeters, Devin Quinn or others at the worst case scenario I would move to Europe and run there.
Your still chasing your dream. Our guys just give up track too soon. I know it's hard but you can still chase the dream if you want it bad enough!

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
I came across this looking for a video of Abby Steiner. It is the premier speed traing facility in America. The named is UBrZATI. It is based out of Melbourne, Florida. Y'all might have heard of it. It looks pretty successful.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Good news .... Gatlin Bair will be running in the 100m and 200m at the Great Southwest Classic this weekend.
This meet is kind of an all star competition for boys and girls from Texas and the southwest US.
I hope Gatlin has still continued his training and can put up some eye popping times.
The meet is at altitude, so that should definitely help the times.