Helping / assisting the ball carrier

Weltner

Guru
I dodn't know how many times I've seen a black player,grabbing,pushing,shoving - in other words,helping,the ball carrier(black),across the goal line.

You are not supposed to assist the ball carrier in any way,unless you are in front of him,blocking a tackler out of the way.But,it's hardly surprising,given their childish temperament / impatience,lack of maturity - you know,uncivilized behavior,and ,and the League's Dr. Spockish coddling of such "players" and endless excusing and rationalising of their behavior as part of their "upringing",or "product of their'environment'" Marxist BS babble.

Never saw a single White player do this - EVER!!But that's hardly surprising.

devans

Mentor
Sorry do disagree with you but I've seen a white player do this. OK, it was about 16 years ago, I saw a white Kansas Chiefs lineman penalized for dragging Robb Thomas an extra yard for a first down. I'll watch out for this in future.

Weltner

Guru
Yeah,that's the first recent one that comes to mind.I don't remember the game,or the teams,but it was an NFL game,and there it was,plain as day:a black ball carrier fell downa yard or two short of the goal line,and some black blocker grabs him,pulls him up enough to get on his feet,and practically pulls him across the line.Sometime within the last 10-12 years.I know what I saw.
smiley7.gif

Freedom

Mentor
Way, way back(100 years ago or so) in college football that was legal until to many people died. TR(who like the game) threatened to try to get football banned unless they changed the rules.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I read somewhere once that there was a somewhat famous diminutive Giant halfback Willie (I forget the last name) in the 20's whose specialty was being launched into the endzone by two of the heftier Giant lineman. It was an official play from their playbook.

Weltner, as for assisting the ballcarrier in this illegal manner, I don't know think its a racial thing. Players try to win in anyway they can (holding, etc.) It's the ref's job to spot the infraction. At least this type of violation is not dirty play. In that case, we could object on moral as well as legal grounds.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Solomon Kane said:
I read somewhere once that there was a somewhat famous diminutive Giant halfback Willie (I forget the last name) in the 20's whose specialty was being launched into the endzone by two of the heftier Giant lineman. It was an official play from their playbook.

Weltner, as for assisting the ballcarrier in this illegal manner, I don't know think its a racial thing. Players try to win in anyway they can (holding, etc.) It's the ref's job to spot the infraction. At least this type of violation is not dirty play. In that case, we could object on moral as well as legal grounds.
I recall Bills linemen doing it too. Most were white at the time(the AFC championship teams).

nhl411

Guru
im not totally sure about this but i believe that when that happened with leinart and bush they pointed out that while it WAS illegal in college it wasn't illegal in the nfl.