Hands of Stone Watch

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if this will catch on, but it's a try at a tribute thread to the world's greatest athletes and their amazing hands.

From games in Week 9:

Steven Jackson dropped an easy pass in the endzone, causing booing by the DWFs of St. Louis.

Braylon Edwards dropped a long pass that would have been an easy touchdown. He's dropped more than he's caught so far this year. That drop caused the Browns DWFs to boo but it was poor Derek Anderson who caught the brunt of their wrath during the game. Who's he supposed to throw to? Edwards can't catch, Dante Stallworth is a worthless bum who's always injured, Kellen Winslow is a major head case, Joe Jurevicius is out for the season because of a bad knee. Good luck, Brady Quinn, you'll need it.

Then there was the drop of a sure TD by Jabar Gaffney on national TV last night. It was reminiscent of Reche Caldwellfutilely attempting to coral simple throwsin the Patriots' AFC conference championship game against the Colts in '06.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Is there some kind of an award for Limas Sweed (Steelers' prodigy) for dropping perfect balls (that likely would have gone for TD's) in 2-straight playoff games?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for reviving this thread. Hank Basket has got to be in this, too. He dropped at least 2-3 passes that hit him in the 'basket' or hands in just the last 20 minutes of the game alone.

I was laughing at Baskett as I recalled how his bimbo "playmate" fiance recently proclaimed how much better he is than Kevin Curtis. Sure, dear.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Sweed's first drop (where he also was 'injured' afterwards) was one of the most hilarious of the entire season. He's an embarressment, even for a black 1st round bust. At least the Steelers' drunken fans had enough sense to boo Sweed after he was walking off the field 'injured.'

Sean

Mentor
Thrashen said:
Sweed's first drop (where he also was 'injured' afterwards) was one of the most hilarious of the entire season.  He's an embarressment, even for a black 1st round bust.   At least the Steelers' drunken fans had enough sense to boo Sweed after he was walking off the field 'injured.'

And he cost them a time out for faking it!
smiley5.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Berman and Jackson on ESPN showed a nice high-tech freeze frame shot of Sweed's eyes as the ball made contact with his hands. He was looking up instead of looking the ball into his hands. Perhaps he was busy checking himself out on the scoreboard jumbotron.

Another beauty was one Big Ben threw to Willie Parker. Parker actually looked awayfrom the balland even moved his body in a way that the ball would clank harmlessly off of him. Phil Simms
smiley8.gif
then noted that the Steelers like to use Mewelde Moore in the backfield over Parker in passing situations.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Sweed's first drop (where he also was 'injured' afterwards) was one of the most hilarious of the entire season.  He's an embarressment, even for a black 1st round bust.   At least the Steelers' drunken fans had enough sense to boo Sweed after he was walking off the field 'injured.'

It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one thinking last night that Sweed was faking a injury. He did sort of redeem himself with that ferocious block later but we know he was faking that injury because he embarrassed himself dropping that perfect touchdown pass from Big Ben.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Sweed sucks, he cost the Steelers a timeout after he hurt his ego and pride.
smiley36.gif
He is one of the "talents" that Tomlin and Colbert saw the need to draft.

Yeah, Cassio, after Curtis had made those long catches, and Baskett dropped 2 or 3 passes, I was thinking to myself:
smiley36.gif
Who has the better hands, dear?Edited by: Jack Lambert

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just this morning Tom Jackson was praising Fitzgerald and Boldin. I thought I was going to puke. He kept ranting and raving about they are the strongest receivers in the league and the best after the catch.