Good Music Videos

booth

Mentor
Hurricane Ian is coming our way so I need something to get me moving. The Kentucky HeadHunters.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Creedence, swamp rock:

booth

Mentor
Quiet Speed I really enjoy CCR music. Here's one by the late Roy Buchanan. A guitar wizard.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here's one from the wild one himself, Jerry Lee Lewis. R.I.P.

Yes indeed the late great Jerry Lee Lewis. Another rock n roll legend passes on. Thanks for the memories. May he rest in peace. This
was truely a great song that gets your foot tapping and makes you want to get up and dance with a pretty lady!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Yes indeed. Yesterday there was a false report that he had already passed and so I had to look it up to make sure this one wasn't another death hoax. He was quite talented and another great musician from America 1.0 has passed. Rest in peace.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Quiet Speed I really enjoy CCR music. Here's one by the late Roy Buchanan. A guitar wizard.
Yes indeed, Roy Buchanan was phenomenal. In post #855 of this thread, I posted his version of Hey Joe.

booth

Mentor
If you like slow, soft music, this ain't it. Johnny Winter. Jumping Jack Flash. Play it LOUD!

booth

Mentor
I love the title: "Mountains of Mars." Featuring actual footage from the Mars rover Curiosity.

Hock really loved this video. I lost 90% of my hearing in June so I really can't hear the music or words but the video was great.
This is not a video but just a song playing but it's funny as heck. If I have heard a song before I can sort of follow along.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jefferson Airplane turned into Jefferson Starship and then into just Starship. The first incarnation of the group was pure late 1960s hippie/LSD/counterculture music, but by the time Jefferson Starship came around the group had sold out. This is my favorite song of any of the various forms of the group. Grace Slick, who is the best known of any members of the original group, is basically a do-nothing zombie in this video. Drugs took a toll on her at a young age as it did and still does with so many others.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Nice video and cool song, Don.
For those who haven't heard Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac died earlier today. She was 79. I always liked her. Rest in peace.

booth

Mentor
Mickey Thomas the singer on many of the Jefferson Starship records was also the lead singer for Elvin Bishop's hit, "Fooled Around and Felled in Love." A good old Georgia boy.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Nice video and cool song, Don.
For those who haven't heard Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac died earlier today. She was 79. I always liked her. Rest in peace.
I just saw that this afternoon BFU. Very sad. She wrote some of Fleetwood Mac's biggest hits. Also, sung lead on a few as well. Always thought she was underrated.
Her top 5
You Make Lovin Fun
Hold Me
Everywhere
Don't Stop
Songbird

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Stevie Nicks was the most beautiful rock singer or musician ever (possible topic for another thread), but Christine McVie was certainly attractive in her own way. Fleetwood Mac was a unique band, made a number of memorable songs and for a while were huge in the U.S. and Britain before rock was pushed aside for rap by the culture destroyers. RIP Christine McVie.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes may she rest in peace. Christine McVie was so talented not to mention pretty. Then very creative to come up with so
many beautiful songs. Hopefully she will be remembered for many decades and beyond that. Great music is timeless!

One band I saw twice in concert with females in it was the band "Heart". From the late 60's to the early 90's they were popular.
It was a perfect concert to take a date too as they have so many good love songs. Yes they have some great harder rock too!
So a little of everything. Also these ladies in their prime were very beautiful and they lit up the stage.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a good love song by them from many years later and they will still smoking hot!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a good love song by them from many years later and they will still smoking hot!

Great song! I always liked Heart. From what I could tell they were on the conservative side, or at least not lefties. Nancy the blonde was very sexy, as was Ann until she let her weight go. But Ann has a powerful singing voice, as this song well illustrates.

Trivia fact: Nancy Wilson had a cameo role in the 1982 movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

SneakyQuick

Mentor
That era had some attractive good singing white women. The welsh woman Bonnie Tyler, and Debbie Harry was smoking hot as well as Stevie Nicks and McVie. Belinda Carlisle a little while later (music not as good but she was stunning)